Photo
- - - - -

No illegal drugs in Winehouse death (Associated Press)

• Please log in to reply
111 replies to this topic

#1 PabloD

PabloD

We bathe under blue light

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,755 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 02:19 PM

http://hosted.ap.org...-08-23-10-06-41

LONDON (AP) -- Amy Winehouse's family says toxicology tests show there were no illegal drugs in her system when she died.

They say the tests showed "alcohol was present," but it hasn't yet been determined if it played a role in the singer's death last month.

The 27-year-old soul diva was found dead in her London home on July 23, and an initial post-mortem failed to determine the cause of death.

A statement released Tuesday by spokesman Chris Goodman on the family's behalf said "toxicology results returned to the Winehouse family by authorities have confirmed that there were no illegal substances in Amy's system at the time of her death."

It said the family awaited the outcome of an inquest that is due to begin in October.

LONDON (AP) - Amy Winehouse's family says toxicology tests show there were no illegal drugs in her system when she died.

They says the tests showed "alcohol was present" but it hasn't yet been determined if it played a role in the singer's death last month.
Posted Image

#2 Dani14

Dani14

You're the sweetest thing I've ever known

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 487 posts
  • LocationGreece/Piraeus

Posted 23 August 2011 - 02:25 PM

So the story about 1200$ of crack/heroine was bs...

60do5Ti.jpg

#3 lolainas

lolainas

Never Clip My Wings

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 533 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 02:26 PM

Was shit, as everything that almost all tabloids talk about her.

.why dont you come on over, Valerie?

"It's not important to me to make other people at ease. I am difficult, but that's because I don’t really give a fuck."

#4 Domi

Domi

Some Unholy War

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 271 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 02:29 PM

We all knew that from the very beginning!

Forever in my heart! I love you Amy.

#5 Cynthia

Cynthia

Addicted to her

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 699 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 02:31 PM

I never believed that shitty Story anyway!

Oh, okay! I hope that they'll still find out the reason why she died!
Amy flies in paradise

#6 Dani14

Dani14

You're the sweetest thing I've ever known

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 487 posts
  • LocationGreece/Piraeus

Posted 23 August 2011 - 02:33 PM

Yeah there were all kind of bs stories but i took this one more seriously as names were stated and reports that they had spoken to the police. Anyway

60do5Ti.jpg

#7 PabloD

PabloD

We bathe under blue light

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,755 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 02:34 PM

I feel a weird mix of sadness and pride. They still have to find the exact reason but this proves she was indeed a Lioness.
Posted Image

#8 AMYstery

AMYstery

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 02:35 PM

I hope they use this report to sue Tony Azzopardi ! The money he made by slandering her name in numerous articles and various tabloids should be the first big contribution for the Amy Winehouse Foundation...

#9 africanfusion

africanfusion

You Know I'm No Good

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 02:35 PM

I believed Mitch when he said Amy had kicked the drug habit so i'm glad she's been vindicated on that count especially in light of the story by that 'fixer' about Amy going with him to buy drugs.

Its bittersweet though because she's still gone & it doesn't quite provide closure because its still not known what killed her exactly, alcohol may or may not have been a factor, i guess it all depends on what % they found in her system.

#10 Elsie

Elsie

eek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 02:36 PM

I think we all thought so, and it's nice to get a confirmation.

He still stands in spite of what his Mars bar says.

#11 africanfusion

africanfusion

You Know I'm No Good

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 02:43 PM

I think we all thought so, and it's nice to get a confirmation.

yeah i agree. its really the wider public who were all too willing to believe the worst, they let the tabloids think for them instead of using logic & reason.

her family know the truth & ultimately that's all that really matters.

#12 SoulShadow

SoulShadow

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 02:49 PM

This is bittersweet news.... sounds like she had exorcised most of her demons, alcohol being the exception. Hopefully the details of the toxicology report will also show a low BAC level.

The news is sweet in that she her legacy will not be clouded by what tormented her in her darkest days... but bitter in the fact, she still is gone. :(

#13 Elsie

Elsie

eek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 02:56 PM

yeah i agree. its really the wider public who were all too willing to believe the worst, they let the tabloids think for them instead of using logic & reason.

her family know the truth & ultimately that's all that really matters.

I guess it could sound unbelieveable to people who only got their info from the occasional tabloid headlines, so if you take into consideration that Belgrade gig was like their first big Amy story in a long time, her being clean might seem like nonsense. I don't know what happened that night, but I did lose some faith when it happened, I admit. I found the idea that it was a momentary slip much more comforting than the fact that it might have been actual brain damage... Because I don't think I've ever seen her look like that before. She always had a strong spirit but her body was just too weak.

He still stands in spite of what his Mars bar says.

#14 catouplik

catouplik

Help yourself

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 670 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 03:01 PM

Certain drugs cannot be detected with the tests because they don't stay in the system long enough. I'm afraid we will never know the exact causes of Amy's death. But I do believe there was a lot of BS with this dealer story. I guess he wanted his 15min....sad and pathetic.

#15 SoulShadow

SoulShadow

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 03:07 PM

I am not a forensic pathologist, though to my credit I did take some forensic science courses in University. But I imagine a complete toxicology work-up would include hair samples and other samples that would show more historical evidence of what was in her system.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users