46 replies to this topic

#16 iheartblondie

iheartblondie

When I come back, you'll know.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 03:25 AM

"chips" is British for french fries. "pita" is a pita bread sandwich.

"stella and fly" is a drink.

I figured it had something to do with a drink! Lol thanks

#17 leannaf

leannaf

Noob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 10:05 AM

Thanks i new it was to do with an affair but never really felt that one until she said it was deprssing

#18 iheartblondie

iheartblondie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 02:08 AM

I'm just really curious to see what other people have to say...What do you think "Wake Up Alone" is about? Be detailed!

#19 hockeygirl89

hockeygirl89

Noob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 09:17 AM

For me, it's about being with someone, then losing them due to one thing or another. It's about the time after you've lost them, when you're managing to get through the day okay, but when you're in bed, you're taken back to when they were there.

At night, in dreams, feelings are amplified, which is so often why a dream in a kiss has a hundred times more meaning than one in real life. Wake Up Alone is about when you're dreaming, you're with that person, and you may be aware that it's a dream, but still, it means so much. You fantasize about seeing them, being at one with them, sharing with them, loving them, but then you must wake up, and when you do, you're alone.

It's very bitter-sweet, the time after a relationship when you're half-okay and half-wishing they'd be back. You know it won't happen in real life, but you don't want to let go, and through dreaming, you can experience it again.

#20 what'sinsideher

what'sinsideher

What's inside her never dies

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 477 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 05:09 PM

I think "Wake Up Alone" is about trying to get over someone and go on with your life but still wanting them, still being in love with them.

During the day, she's trying to distract herself and keep busy so she doesn't just waste away wanting him. It sounds like she's spent a lot of time crying over him but has decided she has to go on with her life somehow. But at night, when she can't keep her mind occupied with other thoughts anymore, she gives in and lets herself think about him.

I'm still not sure if: (1) She is just thinking about him while she's lying in bed trying to go to sleep, (2) She is dreaming about being with him, or (3) She is drunk and imagining him there with her (because it seems like everything is a bit hazy for her)

Whatever situation, it seems like it was real for her when she was still asleep, as if she'd thought he was really there with her. When she "wakes up alone", it sounds like she's dissapointed and saddened by that fact.

So, to simplify all that I imagine the song being about her running around, distracting herself during the day then maybe getting a little drunk before going to bed and dreaming a beautiful dream of the man she still loves, then waking up in the morning to find she's still alone. But that is just my interpretation!

"Anyone who sings a tune so sweet is passin' by..."

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#21 iheartblondie

iheartblondie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 06:35 PM

What about that line that goes "It's all I can do to show him"? Sounds like maybe she's doing something for him, just to prove that she loves him...

#22 lolainas

lolainas

Never Clip My Wings

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 533 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 11:06 PM

I always thought that this was the song of the relation Amy/Blake.
iheartblondie, I dunno really what she means but in the previous verses she said this:
My blood running cold
I stand before him
It's like she is trying to show him cold, to show him that she's there without him in spite that she wanted he by her side.

.why dont you come on over, Valerie?

"It's not important to me to make other people at ease. I am difficult, but that's because I don’t really give a fuck."

#23 iheartblondie

iheartblondie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 02:59 AM

iheartblondie, I dunno really what she means but in the previous verses she said this:
My blood running cold
I stand before him

It's like she is trying to show him cold, to show him that she's there without him in spite that she wanted he by her side.

It could also mean dying...Okay, I was just curious about other people's thoughts on this song. Sometimes I have a little fun interpreting her lyrics, that's all.

#24 leannaf

leannaf

Noob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 07:17 PM

My blood running cold
I stand before him

i think it means when she does actually see him her blood running cold means shes shocked like she dosnt know what to do as shes scared he will dissapear again

#25 leannaf

leannaf

Noob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 07:19 PM

to me wake up aline is the most amazing song ever!! i use to be in a relationship like that and everything she says in that song is so true its exactly what you feel i suppose you could explain it but then i dont think unless you actually have felt that then you cant quite feel it but just my view

#26 leannaf

leannaf

Noob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 07:51 PM

what does she mean when she says in stronger you shud be stronger than me but instead your longer than frozen turkey? it makes me laugh but was just wondering if any one has got interpretaions on it

#27 Dani14

Dani14

You're the sweetest thing I've ever known

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 487 posts
  • LocationGreece/Piraeus

Posted 03 September 2011 - 12:13 AM

^^I'm not sure, but i guess she means that he needs too much time to get stronger or stand up to his role. Frozen turkey takes much time to get done :P

60do5Ti.jpg

#28 veronika

veronika

What's inside her never dies

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,086 posts
  • LocationMéxico

Posted 03 September 2011 - 04:23 AM

What about that line that goes "It's all I can do to show him"? Sounds like maybe she's doing something for him, just to prove that she loves him...

I thought it was "It's all I can do to assure him", makes more sense to me. y'know, "blood running cold, I stand before him, it's all i can do to assure him..."
Posted Image

#29 iheartblondie

iheartblondie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 03 September 2011 - 04:39 AM

I thought it was "It's all I can do to assure him", makes more sense to me. y'know, "blood running cold, I stand before him, it's all i can do to assure him..."

You're right! My fault, she does say "assure" not "show". Oops!

#30 amydinah

amydinah

Noob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 04 September 2011 - 12:44 PM

really fantastic thread

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users