10 replies to this topic

#1 CHCHANEL

CHCHANEL

rulers one thing but come brixton

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 614 posts

Posted 03 September 2011 - 06:06 PM

I was today surfing around on the site cdon.com were I usually buy my CD's & DVD's if it's not something I need to get from Amazon or Ebay.

I stumbled across a DVD that was released the 15th of August.
The cover looks really nice!
It looks like the company that released the DVD is PGM (A scandinavian distribution company of some kind)

Has anyone else seen this DVD?
I really want to order it, I'm just affraid the quality is going to be crap.
Would be lovely to have another Amy DVD to watch over and over.

Here's a link:
http://cdon.se/musik...t_2007-14998969

Here's a picture of the cover:
Posted Image

Posted Image

#2 Amy Jenna Harper

Amy Jenna Harper

Amy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,751 posts

Posted 03 September 2011 - 06:07 PM

Oh nice!

Thanks for the information.

One name,one word : Amy <3
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#3 Cecilia

Cecilia

What kind of fuckery is this?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,187 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 03 September 2011 - 06:13 PM

I hadn't seen that before. It's available on amazon as well, with a description:

The astonishing Amy Winehouse - captured in concert in France at the exact moment of her international `Back to Black' breakout. Fronting a rocking yet suave and sophisticated ten-piece jazz and classic-r&b band - complete with backup singing and dancing -- Winehouse slinks and undulates around the stage, bringing all of her utterly original presence and sultry, soulful vocals to bear on a set of mainly original songs. And those songs are hits: `Back To Black,' `Rehab,' `You Know I'm No Good,' `Tears Dry On Their Own,' and many others were making Winehouse a star even as she was on the tour captured here. Here she fully inhabits each of those hits, making them fodder for powerfully emotional vocal performance. And she covers Sam Cooke and Toots & The Maytals too.

Amy Winehouse: Vocals Frank Tontoh: Drums Dale Davis: Bass Sam Beste: Keyboards Robin Banerjee: Guitar Hawi Gondwe: Guitar Henry Collins: Trumpet Francis Damuel Walden: Baritone saxophone James Hunt: Saxophone Zalon Thompson: Backing vocals Derek Green: Backing vocals June 29, 2007, Belfort, France NTSC - All Regions - DTS 5.1, Dolby Digital 5.1 + Dolby Digital 2.0 - Approx. 53 mins

http://www.amazon.co...S/?tag=imwan-20

Edited by Cecilia, 03 September 2011 - 06:20 PM.

#4 Cherry Bomb

Cherry Bomb

Velut Inter Ignis Lunae Minor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 339 posts

Posted 03 September 2011 - 07:05 PM

I hadn't seen that before too! interesting!
One must still have chaos within oneself, to give birth to a dancing star.
Become what you already are.
(Nietzsche)

#5 StrongerThanMe

StrongerThanMe

♫ Like smoke I hang around ♫

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,201 posts

Posted 04 September 2011 - 12:04 PM

There's another interesting DVD called "Love Me Tomorrow" on amazon.com
It'll be released on the 20th of September.

Posted Image

http://www.amazon.co...5137199&sr=1-11

There's a short description on amazon.de :

It says there'll be unreleased archive recordings on the DVD.

Sounds interesting to me.
Posted Image

#6 Cecilia

Cecilia

What kind of fuckery is this?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,187 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 04 September 2011 - 12:15 PM

Here's another one. Looks like they're rushing to release a bunch of dvds. hmmm...

Posted Image
http://www.amazon.co...15138257&sr=1-4

#7 Gus×Wino

Gus×Wino

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 458 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 04 September 2011 - 12:20 PM

I believe that the first DVD that Chchanel posted is just the concert @ Eurockeennes 2007 in Belfort, France...You can find the whole ones on YT. There are many fanmade DVD's on Amazon or ioffer...

#8 Amyfan

Amyfan

Noob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 04 September 2011 - 01:19 PM

wow thnx for the tip

#9 Gus×Wino

Gus×Wino

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 458 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 04 September 2011 - 04:47 PM

You're welcome!!!

#10 CHCHANEL

CHCHANEL

rulers one thing but come brixton

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 614 posts

Posted 04 September 2011 - 10:29 PM

Hope some of them are good and worth spending your money on.
I really love watching live DVD's with Amy!

Posted Image

#11 suestev07

suestev07

injured butterfly is so talented, it hurts

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,557 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 04:15 AM

First review from above site: http://www.amazon.co...S/?tag=imwan-20

5.0 out of 5 stars Stellar performance..., August 27, 2011
By
D. Hinson "godoylego" (atlanta, ga usa) -

This review is from: Amy Winehouse: In Concert 2007 (DVD)
Having watched and loved Amy Winehouse's 2007 concert countless times on the "I Told You I Was Trouble" concert dvd, I was very curious to view this set from France when I heard that it was being released. Here she is even better, in my estimation, probably because she was steadier and more sober

Having watched and loved Amy Winehouse's 2007 concert countless times on the "I Told You I Was Trouble" concert dvd, I was very curious to view this set from France when I heard that it was being released. Here she is even better, in my estimation, probably because she was steadier and more sober during this performance. She seems more at ease, more confident, and a bit more on her game. Don't get me wrong, I love the other concert dvd, but in hindsight it is now more difficult and painful to watch, knowing what was to come, and seeing the beginning of her deterioration. She really gives a wonderful performance in this concert, most likely due to the fact that she doesn't seem to need imbibing to get through her performance.

I think, from fragments I've seen of her in the studio, and in interviews on the first concert dvd, that Amy was basically a very insecure person, and her brashness and impetuousness was a smoke screen to hide behind. It probably helped her to relax--to a point, obviously--to have a drink during her performances. Her take no prisoners attitude was one of the things that endeared her to me--the vulnerability, cloaked in swagger and dagger, was a really interesting juxtaposition to witness, especially when she opened her mouth and that voice came out--pulling her soul out as it came, without any varnish. She was one of a kind. She was real. In the plastic world of celebrity, she was such a breath of fresh air, in my opinion. This dvd is a treasure for anyone who misses this lost soul. She revived my passion for music back in 2007 when "Back To Black" was released, and it is astonishing to think that she made such an indelible mark on the music world with just two albums worth of material. She was one of the greats.

\"it was as if all the emotions in the universe suddenly were coming out of her mouth.\" --Entertainment Weekly music critic Chris Willman.

"It's open-heart surgery set to music" - Sunday Herald article by Peter Ross Jan 7/07

"Be kinder than necessary...because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle." - Anon.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users