You'reWonderingNow

The lights are on but no one's home

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 11:25 PM

It is The Daily Mail, but...

http://www.dailymail...st-fortune.html

Amy Winehouse was worth just over £2million when she passed away in July, leading to questions about what happened to the rest of her fortune.
The news is based on annual accounts for her two companies, Cherry Westfield and CW Touring, which were published yesterday.
They show that Cherry Westfield was worth £2,004,963 at the end of last November, down £20,000 on 2009.

Where did it all go?: Amy Winehouse's fortune diminished from £10million in 2008 to just £2million at her death
In the same period, the assets of CW Touring shrank from £142,012 to just £8,032.
The figures have left some wondering what happened to the rest of her money.
In 2008 she debuted in the Sunday Times' Rich List with a fortune of £10million.

Assets: The late singer's home in Camden Square, north London
She was listed in 10th place alongside Will Young and Craig David.
The following year that figure had dwindled by 50% down to £5million.
A story in the Sunday Mirror in January 2009 claimed that she had asked her father, Mitch, to look after her £15million assets.

Rumours: In 2009 it was claimed that Amy had £15million which she'd handed over to father Mitch to look after
Although this was never substantiated, so it's far better to consider the official Sunday Times figure of £5million in 2009 as a more accurate number.
The late singer's assets were again listed as totaling £5million on last year's rich list.
So, in the three years since she first entered the rich list, Amy's fortune has decreased by £8million.

Her excessive lifestyle was no doubt partly to blame for this drop, combined with the fact that she was very generous with her friends and associates.
Amy, was found dead in July at her home in Camden, north London on July 23.
She amassed her fortune through the sales of her LP Back to Black which was Britain’s best-selling album in 2007, selling 1.85 million copies and spawning a string of hit singles.
This led to her success in the US, where she picked up five Grammy Awards, and around the globe.

The cause of her death remains a mystery. Toxicology tests found some alcohol but no illegal drugs. There is no news yet on whether the alcohol contributed to the tragedy.
  • Love is a losing game likes this

#2 tunisianswife

tunisianswife

Susan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 786 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 11:31 PM

^thanks for the interesting post. I assume that because she also hadn't had an album out, and wasn't touring as much for concerts that had to contribute to it all.
:'-(She was the DiVinci of my music world!

#3 Dani14

Dani14

You're the sweetest thing I've ever known

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 487 posts
  • LocationGreece/Piraeus

Posted 05 September 2011 - 11:50 PM

Wow, those anual declines are huge. For sure she spent money because of her wild life style and all but can't be that much only of that:-S

60do5Ti.jpg

#4 Cherry Bomb

Cherry Bomb

Velut Inter Ignis Lunae Minor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 339 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 11:51 PM

its sooooooosad to talk about money.
i think about her loss, nothingelese
One must still have chaos within oneself, to give birth to a dancing star.
Become what you already are.
(Nietzsche)

#5 ohmr

ohmr

No sweeter song, no heart so true

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 578 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 12:35 AM

She really hadn't done much since 2008. I mean, I personally would sit comfortably with $2 million in my account lol #Frugalking

Amy, are you happy?
She squints suspiciously at me.
"About what?"
About life.
"I'm happy about this salad."

#6 Elsie

Elsie

eek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 01:03 AM

How is Craig David so rich :o

He still stands in spite of what his Mars bar says.

#7 Nigel Jam

Nigel Jam

You Know I'm No Good

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 01:42 AM

In this magazine I got a 84 page tribute to her from Now Magazine. Dated July/August 2011 it claims Amy spent 8.7 million in last few years, but it doesn't state clearly exactly how many years.

House in Camden - renovated with gym and recording studio 2.5 Million
Private Doctor £300,000
Security (2 guards on rotation 24 hours) £180,000
Drink and drugs (for herself and friends) £1.5 Million
Rehab £500,000
Staying in hotel while her Camden house rennovated £70,000
Houses for parents£600,000
Rental of hotel villa in St Lucia £1 Million
Shopping Designer clothes £2 Million
Installed vintage sweet shop in her house £10,000

Total it all up £8.7 Million

The article claims she has rooms full of designer clothes/shoes etc she never wore.:amyshock:

#8 africanfusion

africanfusion

You Know I'm No Good

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 07:19 AM

she wasn't sitting on her money & letting it gather dust as she made gains in interest, she was spending it, she has properties, she has lioness & no doubt others were benefiting from her wealth & good will.

besides spending some of it on drugs & alcohol i don't think anything untoward was going on.

#9 Iulian

Iulian

against, not cause I believe it. just fun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,856 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 08:31 AM

Why is this stuff public?

#10 africanfusion

africanfusion

You Know I'm No Good

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 09:58 AM

Why is this stuff public?

i think anyone that owns a company has to publish financial reports annually & they're public record.

#11 ladyamy

ladyamy

No Greater Love Than What I Feel For You

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,191 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 10:01 AM

Who cares about the fucking money? The best singer in the world has died, that's all that matters.
I’m a firm believer that we all meet up in eternity

#12 Cecilia

Cecilia

What kind of fuckery is this?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,187 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 06 September 2011 - 10:36 AM

Not that any of it matters, but I'm assuming her "fortune" is not just based on what her companies were worth. There's money tied up in possessions and property (eg her house in Camden), personal accounts, regular income from royalties (music & Fred Perry) and who knows what else, so it's probably closer to the £5 million she was valued at last year anyway.

Her actual value has of course absolutely nothing to do with any of this.

#13 Iulian

Iulian

against, not cause I believe it. just fun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,856 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 12:22 PM

i think anyone that owns a company has to publish financial reports annually & they're public record.

I meant that this stuff shouldn't be anyone's business, except Amy's family.
My bad!

#14 Nigel Jam

Nigel Jam

You Know I'm No Good

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 12:51 PM

I meant that this stuff shouldn't be anyone's business, except Amy's family.
My bad!

If her money went down to £2 million from estimates in some quarters of being £15 million but more likely to been about £5million. Perhaps Amy was being put under pressure, by management etc - "you gotta get on tour, you gotta do a new record you gotta do this!" etc until, if ever, the cause of her death is fully known she may have been under pressure for financial reasons. Most record companies put pressure on artists to keep producing new records and this is always contractual, Amy hadn't had a new record out for nearly 5 years it is unusual for a record company to wait that long.

#15 pearljo

pearljo

♪♫♫ vaginal bleeding

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,242 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 01:21 PM

i doubt that she paid cash for that house but she may have. 'if' she could have toured she probably would have had $20-30 million.

not sure who was actually managing her money but you gotta remember the world economy crashing and people took a bath in the stock market. somebody should have put back $5M when she had it into a safe low yeild account so she could have had ready cash.

$2M ain't shit these days especially when so many demands are put on you. i mean, didn't she make $1M each at a few concerts? a paltry sum when you consider the britney spears of the world sitting on $100M +.

unfortunately, this is common among famous people not able to look out for themselves. they often die pennyless.

it all leads back to her unwillingness to confront her addictions. she could have had records, sell out tours, money to burn, and crazy happy fans but she chose alcohol over all of it and all of us.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users