27 replies to this topic

#1 Nigel Jam

Nigel Jam

You Know I'm No Good

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 12:04 PM

I read through this and I wondered what Amy meant by this posted on 7th Feb 2010:

"one ain't the lonliest number 23,254 is!" What this mean?

Anyone into numerology? A W is her initial A = 1, W = 23, 1 ain't the lonliest number 23.... is?

Then she posts, "i'm out for good; lonelier doesn't get more tearful"

http://twitter.com/#!/amyjademermaid

#2 LegendJJ

LegendJJ

Amy, Amy, Amy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 797 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 12:20 PM

I think you may be reading too much into that particular tweet. Personally I think she is just using that old british humor/tongue in cheek to be sarcastic and say that the expression "one is the loneliest number" is very corny.

So she just picked out a large random number that people don't use that often.

#3 africanfusion

africanfusion

You Know I'm No Good

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 01:35 PM

yeah i don't think there was a deeper meaning, could have possibly been the amount of followers she had at that point in time?

#4 Gracex

Gracex

Got me addicted, does more than any dick did

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts
  • LocationN Ireland

Posted 08 September 2011 - 01:52 PM

Amy had 23,254 people following her at the time she tweeted that. Therefore I think she was saying that even with loads of followers she was still lonely? Just my interpretation!

#5 gpozzo

gpozzo

I swear I'm gonna love you until eternity...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 647 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 05:01 PM

Amy had 23,254 people following her at the time she tweeted that. Therefore I think she was saying that even with loads of followers she was still lonely? Just my interpretation!

Yeah, I think you're right!

#6 Chloë

Chloë

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 211 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 06:10 PM

Or maybe that her 23,254 followers were all pathetic? :D

#7 Gracex

Gracex

Got me addicted, does more than any dick did

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts
  • LocationN Ireland

Posted 08 September 2011 - 07:43 PM

Maybe so @Chloe! And that would make me one of the pathetic ones!LOL

#8 Nigel Jam

Nigel Jam

You Know I'm No Good

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 08:52 PM

Or maybe that her 23,254 followers were all pathetic? :D

Thanks for shedding light on it a bit - that is probably why she said that number, meaning that even though she had that amount of followers 23,254 she still felt lonely. I thought she was sort of saying even if you were playing infront of 23,254 people she'd still feel lonely. But what could these people do anyway? As she wrote in her own song, "I can't help you if you don't help yourself!"

Why was she so lonely?

Edited by Nigel Jam, 08 September 2011 - 09:35 PM.

#9 tunisianswife

tunisianswife

Susan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 786 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 09:38 PM

her tweets were like her music. she bared all, didn't hold back from public her feelings. so sad though really that she was feeling so lonely.

I still think of those pics when she was living in her flat and she is upstairs on the 2nd floor sitting in those windows covered with vines eating candy and throwing popsicles to someone below(maybe paps, maybe kids) she just looked so sad, so lonely.
:'-(She was the DiVinci of my music world!

#10 Nigel Jam

Nigel Jam

You Know I'm No Good

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 22 October 2011 - 03:25 PM

I think you may be reading too much into that particular tweet. Personally I think she is just using that old british humor/tongue in cheek to be sarcastic and say that the expression "one is the loneliest number" is very corny.

So she just picked out a large random number that people don't use that often.

I was just looking at the number 23 in Amy's life. This twitter message says "23,252!" Notice the 23...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/23_enigma

Amy's first LP Frank came out in 2003 (23) her 2nd LP came out in 2006 when she was 23. Last official recording done 23rd March 2011 (duet with Tony Bennett) died 23rd July 2011 - a lot of 23's!!! :-S

#11 Mama_Haze

Mama_Haze

Hazy Lady

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,402 posts

Posted 22 October 2011 - 04:49 PM

I think it's just a mathematical thing - both 2 and 3 are low, common numbers, huge amounts of other numbers are divisible by both... if you look closely you will see 2s, 3s, and 23s everywhere. Especially if you already unconsciously think that their presence is more than a coincidence ;)

You could say the same about pi/chaos theory - next time you take a walk have a scan of your environment and you will see golden ratios EVERYWHERE in nature. Whether or not it's part of some bigger design.... who knows?

I try not to think about it, cos it would blow my mind. I'm enough of a geek already ;)

#12 LondonSweet

LondonSweet

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 22 October 2011 - 05:34 PM

I read through this and I wondered what Amy meant by this posted on 7th Feb 2010:

"one ain't the lonliest number 23,254 is!" What this mean?

Anyone into numerology? A W is her initial A = 1, W = 23, 1 ain't the lonliest number 23.... is?

Then she posts, "i'm out for good; lonelier doesn't get more tearful"

http://twitter.com/#!/amyjademermaid

I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure she was saying she was lonely. I read that tweet a while ago and that's what I instantly took it to mean. Very sad when you think of it: she was saying she had over 23,000 followers...and yet she was lonely.

Sometimes you wish you could have just hugged her and told her how much she was worth and to just hold on :'-(
Nikki
Forever the fan of a musical Genius.

Winehouse~1983-2011
Remember her
8-/

#13 ChipsAndPitta

ChipsAndPitta

I Told Ya I Was Trouble

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 526 posts

Posted 23 October 2011 - 04:13 PM

Some of her tweets were classic. I agree with Nikki, i wish i could have give her a big hug and been there for her when she was lonely. I wish some of her friends would have been there for her like she was for them. You could tell Amy was a true, loyal friend.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I'm on Twitts >>> https://twitter.com/Baris1989 <<<

#14 Birdieava

Birdieava

Never miss a night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,453 posts

Posted 23 October 2011 - 05:56 PM

amyjademermaid Amy Winehouse

i got my wurly today. i flow like morrisey on tenessee on cristmas eve

what is "wurly"?? does anyone know?

#15 ChipsAndPitta

ChipsAndPitta

I Told Ya I Was Trouble

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 526 posts

Posted 23 October 2011 - 06:03 PM

amyjademermaid Amy Winehouse

i got my wurly today. i flow like morrisey on tenessee on cristmas eve

what is "wurly"?? does anyone know?

I'm guessing its a Wurlitzer instrument. When she was on the Russell Brand show i think the guy on stage with her was using a Wurlitzer Electric piano? So perhaps its that :)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I'm on Twitts >>> https://twitter.com/Baris1989 <<<

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users