5 replies to this topic

#1 tunisianswife

tunisianswife

Susan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 786 posts

Posted 18 September 2011 - 08:39 PM

I don't know if this has been posted before but I LOVED this interview. she looks so pretty, but also gives an indepth perspective on how she writes her music, what inspires her, and she sort of dissects some of her songs on Frank. Her explanation of what her emotions are after she has written a song and looks back may help to understand how difficult it must have been to sing some of those B2B songs. very prophetic words regarding her music and to think of what was to come w/B2B. this is an unedited version and hard to hear the interviewer but can hear her clearly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTFUkUVUu3w&feature=relmfu

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8WkzlnzU24&feature=relmfu
:'-(She was the DiVinci of my music world!

#2 pearljo

pearljo

♪♫♫ vaginal bleeding

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,242 posts

Posted 18 September 2011 - 08:59 PM

Amy knew what she was doing and why she was doing it. Most people don't know the why part.

Whoops, three more parts.

#3 Iulian

Iulian

against, not cause I believe it. just fun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,856 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 09:39 AM

Man, she couldn't keep in any longer with the Dido thing lol

#4 Amysanchorcat

Amysanchorcat

Hey, little rich girl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,125 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 11:11 AM

Love how she can reinvent her self like bowie and madonna and create a new sound and pull it off thats true talent and a real musician, so from frank to b2b to what new album would been (rumoured to be ska) would been cool, i an't think of any ska at mo, especially a woman, she did it well too. Loved to have heard her do some rock tracks she'd have owned them!. Just wish she never met blake, its like a totally different girl, even though her essence was the same, a one off, a very special lovely girl.

#5 pearljo

pearljo

♪♫♫ vaginal bleeding

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,242 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 11:43 AM

its like a totally different girl, even though her essence was the same

Yep.

#6 tunisianswife

tunisianswife

Susan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 786 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 01:10 PM

I just loved these unedited interview segments. I really appreciated being able to listen to an interview where she was able to dissect her songs, and really go indepth with talking about how she writes her music, why she writes, and what she thinks about it once written. Wish there were more interviews like this one for sure.

I actually got thinking alot about this interview after reading a post in the pics thread with someone stating that her most recent pics she really had lost her inner shine. I had felt that way for a long time.

all she really wanted to do was create artistry w/her music. she was so happy then, so open. seemed like she became more seclusive to herself the more popular she got, the more pressures she must have felt to create especially when she states thru this interview...it is obvious she is a perfectionist when it comes to creating an album. she says in so many words that she can't create something unless she feels it, and doesn't want to put out just mediocre. by the time that 2008-2009 rolled around and she was not in the best of health, it had to have held her back musically..although at the same time, I'm sure some incredible lyrics would have come out spewed forth with tons of emotion...if only she was in the proper frame of mind.

I just marvel at how much drive she had, how brilliant she was at such a young age. she really was an old soul.

just a shame. so much promise. such a genius.
:'-(She was the DiVinci of my music world!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users