16 replies to this topic

#1 Nigel Jam

Nigel Jam

You Know I'm No Good

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 04:47 PM

Yesterday this was in the Daily Star tabloid about Amy's Doctor cousin tried to get her to rehab apparently?

http://www.dailystar...ger-into-rehab/

THE doctor cousin of Amy Winehouse tried in vain to get her into a medical rehab unit to help her battle with booze.

#bodycopy A { FONT-SIZE: 12px}

Surgeon Jonathan Winehouse last night spoke of his frustration that Amy Winehouse's cabbie dad Mitch did not take his advice.

The Grammy-winning singer was found dead in July at her home in North London aged just 27, after a long battle with drink and drugs.

Jonathan, 49, who is related to Amy on 60-year-old Mitch’s side of the family, said: “I was trying to get her help but Mitch did not really want to know.

“I don’t know if she was having rehab elsewhere or whatever but it is a shame if she wasn’t. If someone has alcohol problems they would generally go to rehab to be able to take them off gradually.

“It is not something that is advisable to do yourself – it can be dangerous.

“I was trying to arrange something for her with Mitch. Of course, I’m sure he was in a position where a million people were contacting him.

“I had someone in mind who deals with people in Amy’s position. I was very frustrated. I tried Mitch a few times. I’m in this profession. I know a lot of people.

“But I am not blaming Mitch. On top of everything, Amy was very strong-willed.

“I’m sure she was resistant to undertaking certain types of treatment – just like she says in the song Rehab – you can tell from that.

“It is, though, still a mystery to me why she was not in rehabilitation if she wanted to come off alcohol. Ordinarily you would be admitted.

“I don’t know what happened. Mitch was away at the time. I know he is a very, very loving father and I think maybe it was his absence – there was no one there to look after her – I don’t know.

“I don’t know why he didn’t want to take up the offer but I am not blaming him in any sense.

“It is just frustrating that she had basically got rid of the main danger to her life and then she was left with what is a relatively moderate danger and unfortunately it caught her.”

The cause of Amy’s death will not be revealed until an inquest next month.

But the North London-based hospital consultant suspects she died of a sudden cardiac arrest or arrhythmia.
He added: “I suspect it is just from alcohol addiction that she died.

“She was someone who lived life on the edge – her lifestyle was bordering on extremely dangerous.”

He also rubbished rumours Amy may have killed herself, saying: “It would not make sense. As Mitch has described, she was not someone that was in turmoil.”

Jonathan added: “I was at her last concert at Somerset House in London.

“It was the most sensational concert I have seen in my entire life. She was just, just, phenomenal.”

#2 ladyamy

ladyamy

No Greater Love Than What I Feel For You

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,191 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 04:54 PM

Maybe I'm wrong, but I've got the feeling that people around her didn't do enough to save her.
Anyway it doesn't matter now. My poor girl is gone and my heart is ruined beyond repair.
I’m a firm believer that we all meet up in eternity

#3 Amy Jenna Harper

Amy Jenna Harper

Amy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,751 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 04:56 PM

Thanks for the article.

Again,what a emotionnal article..so sad.

One name,one word : Amy <3
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#4 Jayne

Jayne

Never miss a night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,943 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 05:33 PM

I would file this with another one to crawl out of the woodwork. Don't forget that this is also the Daily Star and more importantly this might put another slant on this article

http://www.gmc-uk.or...-_17_Dec_10.pdf and

http://www.theargus....h_of_pensioner/

I am not saying it's the same surgeon who knows?

Edited to add it is him:

http://www.people.co...93463-21273852/

Now I know whose word I will take.

Edited by Jayne, 19 September 2011 - 08:59 PM.

Jayne, proud to be a member of Amy Winehouse Forum since Jul 2007.

#5 AMYstery

AMYstery

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 06:36 PM

Yeah, I think he is painting himself a little too much as the hero on a white horse who could have saved Amy, "if only the rest of the world would have listened to his expert opinion"

About this though :

“I don’t know if she was having rehab elsewhere or whatever but it is a shame if she wasn’t. If someone has alcohol problems they would generally go to rehab to be able to take them off gradually.

“It is not something that is advisable to do yourself – it can be dangerous."

“It is, though, still a mystery to me why she was not in rehabilitation if she wanted to come off alcohol. Ordinarily you would be admitted."

One thing I would like to find out is : if there is any truth to this story in the Daily Mirror :

http://www.mirror.co...15875-23324664/

it's the only newspaper that mentioned this and no one asked about it in one of the interviews with Mitch.

#6 africanfusion

africanfusion

You Know I'm No Good

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 07:00 PM

at the end of the day amy did not think rehab was helpful in her own case, she said over & over she was the only one who could sort out her problems.

so even if mitch had accepted his offer of help, if amy wasn't interested it wouldn't have made any difference.

don't take what jonathan has said to mean the people closest to her didn't do enough to help save her. they did everything they could & it was up to amy to do the rest...

#7 africanfusion

africanfusion

You Know I'm No Good

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 07:00 PM

double post

#8 York

York

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 07:11 PM

Maybe I'm wrong, but I've got the feeling that people around her didn't do enough to save her.
Anyway it doesn't matter now. My poor girl is gone and my heart is ruined beyond repair.

I also adhere to this opinion, I do not want to offend anyone, but I think was a great chance to save Amy, save her from death, though it seems to me all her problems were related to issues of privacy. Physical pain is nothing compared to the heartache, this pain is not nothing to cure nor a super-doctor.
But it's probably just her time has come and there is nobody's fault, all men are mortal, everyone has his own way in life. Amy Winehouse story just was supposed to end with happy end. after all her suffering that she endured, but unfortunately this did not happen.

Edited by York, 19 September 2011 - 07:25 PM.

#9 ladyamy

ladyamy

No Greater Love Than What I Feel For You

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,191 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 07:52 PM

Amy Winehouse story just was supposed to end with happy end. after all her suffering that she endured, but unfortunately this did not happen.[/QUOTE]
That is what hurts me the most.
I’m a firm believer that we all meet up in eternity

#10 Juan19

Juan19

RIP AmyWinehouse. We miss you

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 591 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 08:04 PM

yeah her family did their best they could to save her. But at the end it was up to her if she wanted to change. Sad thing is that she was winning her battles with addictions and her death was a shock to everyone becuase she look healthy and fit. I wish it could of been prevented though. I think thats if someone was with her when the day she passed away, she would of been with us still.

#11 Nigel Jam

Nigel Jam

You Know I'm No Good

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 20 September 2011 - 05:14 PM

Yeah, I think he is painting himself a little too much as the hero on a white horse who could have saved Amy, "if only the rest of the world would have listened to his expert opinion"

About this though :

One thing I would like to find out is : if there is any truth to this story in the Daily Mirror :

http://www.mirror.co...15875-23324664/

it's the only newspaper that mentioned this and no one asked about it in one of the interviews with Mitch.

Maybe she was booked in as this article says? What does Rehab entail fully? I am sure there would be some therapy, talking about her problems and so on, perhaps this was the problem; she wasn't into discussing issues that maybe needed to be discussed with other people in her life:-S

#12 Nigel Jam

Nigel Jam

You Know I'm No Good

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 20 September 2011 - 05:21 PM

I would file this with another one to crawl out of the woodwork. Don't forget that this is also the Daily Star and more importantly this might put another slant on this article

http://www.gmc-uk.or...-_17_Dec_10.pdf and

http://www.theargus....h_of_pensioner/

I am not saying it's the same surgeon who knows?

Edited to add it is him:

http://www.people.co...93463-21273852/

Now I know whose word I will take.

Good detective work there, did you do a search?

#13 natalialoves

natalialoves

what kind of fuckery is this?

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 20 September 2011 - 05:39 PM

But it's probably just her time has come and there is nobody's fault, all men are mortal, everyone has his own way in life. Amy Winehouse story just was supposed to end with happy end. after all her suffering that she endured, but unfortunately this did not happen.

I actually thought about this today (well I've been thinking about it a lot lately), that her story was supposed to have a happy ending. It feels so unfair that she had to go away so soon, she didn't have the chance to experience the real joys of life that she would have wanted to. But there's no use thinking about it now. We have to celebrate her music and be happy that she once was her. She brought so much good to this world.

#14 Jayne

Jayne

Never miss a night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,943 posts

Posted 20 September 2011 - 06:23 PM

Good detective work there, did you do a search?

I just googled him. When I read the article something didn't seem right. Well I've never heard his name mentioned before and it annoyed me that he'd done a story after Amy died. Well I was surprised at what I found and I'd have thought given his background he'd have been better keeping his mouth well and truly shut.
Jayne, proud to be a member of Amy Winehouse Forum since Jul 2007.

#15 York

York

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 10:23 AM

I actually thought about this today (well I've been thinking about it a lot lately), that her story was supposed to have a happy ending. It feels so unfair that she had to go away so soon, she didn't have the chance to experience the real joys of life that she would have wanted to. But there's no use thinking about it now. We have to celebrate her music and be happy that she once was her. She brought so much good to this world.

I agree 100% she brought into this world a lot of good.
Personally, I am grateful to God and Amy for being in this world I heard such a beautiful voice, this voice to me personally helped through a difficult time for her that I am very grateful, we can say it was my guardian angel, her beautiful and at the same time powerful voice gave me strength to continue the struggle, no matter what.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users