#1 Cecilia

Cecilia

What kind of fuckery is this?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,187 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 20 September 2011 - 02:56 PM

I asked a while ago if anyone wanted to e-mail Mitch on behalf of the forum on Amy's birthday. I don't know if anything came of this, but part of the message was to show support for the Amy Winehouse Foundation. I know quite a few of us have donated to the charity, but was wondering what people here think of helping the foundation as a community.

Ideas I had included:

- Adding a banner linking to amywinehousefoundation.co.uk to the forum website

- Encouraging fundraising activities and advertising any charity events organised by the foundation

- Actively raising funds, for example by designing and selling an Amywinehouseforum t-shirt (or other "merchandise"), proceeds of which could go to the foundation. We could ask Mitch permission to use an official image of Amy for this.

If moderators and members want to do this (I understand completely if people don't), it would be good to contact Mitch / the Amy Winehouse Foundation to see if they want our help and arrange things. I'd be happy to do this, but thought maybe it would be more appropriate for one of the mods to speak on behalf of the forum.

What do you all think? Any further ideas?

#2 Amy Jenna Harper

Amy Jenna Harper

Amy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,751 posts

Posted 20 September 2011 - 03:52 PM

Hm your ideas are very good.

I imagine you have first to ask Mitch by e-mail.

They sould be someone who will sent the e-mail,I think you should Cecilia because you had i the idea.

And I think we should regroupe some people from the forum to represent the forum.
(or something like that)..

People can have their ideas..but the topic will be really full..(and for regroupe the ideas maybe will be difficult).

I dunno...if you understand what I mean..sorry..

:D

One name,one word : Amy <3
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#3 tunisianswife

tunisianswife

Susan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 786 posts

Posted 20 September 2011 - 05:33 PM

i remember seeing your post and thought u had some great ideas. although I gave to the foundation on Amy's birthday, I would love to take part any way I could. Love the tshirt idea, banner is a great thing and yes, I agree...there should be a thread for any foundation charitable events that are taking place so some may be able to attend, etc.

I think it would probably be more appropriate for the owner/moderator to email mitch. I think that they may know him, or else they have had some direct contact w/him before.
:'-(She was the DiVinci of my music world!

#4 Juan19

Juan19

RIP AmyWinehouse. We miss you

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 591 posts

Posted 20 September 2011 - 05:52 PM

That's a great idea! I'm all up for it!

#5 Cecilia

Cecilia

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,187 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 21 September 2011 - 10:13 PM

I think it would probably be more appropriate for the owner/moderator to email mitch. I think that they may know him, or else they have had some direct contact w/him before.

That's what I thought too, I also don't think it's my place to speak on behalf of the forum, I haven't even been a member for a whole year yet...

If anyone else has more comments / suggestions, please feel free to add them here :)

Edit: Just noticed people can now donate to the foundation in Euros as well http://www.amywineho...undation.co.uk/

Edited by Cecilia, 21 September 2011 - 10:22 PM.

#6 Cecilia

Cecilia

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,187 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 04 October 2011 - 07:48 PM

This thread slipped down to page 6 without too many responses from the forum, so maybe people aren't up for it, but I thought I'd bump it anyway for those of you who may have missed it...

#7 Cecilia

Cecilia

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,187 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 04 October 2011 - 08:03 PM

The foundation now has facebook and twitter pages:

http://www.facebook....housefoundation

http://twitter.com/#!/amysfoundation

#8 JamaicaAndSpain

JamaicaAndSpain

There's this ache in my chest

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,117 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 08:06 PM

When I "liked" it this afternoon there were already more than 50 likes, now it's almost 400 - I hope the number will keep increasing on the same speed as it did today.
>:-( "These tears won't dry without you, Amy." >:-(

#9 CHCHANEL

CHCHANEL

rulers one thing but come brixton

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 614 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 09:21 PM

I have thought about this so much, raising money for the Amy Winehouse foundation, and if the forum is not up for it, everyone can do small things on their own too!
I was actually thinking about maybe drawing pictures or something and sell, and then send all the money Amy Winehouse Foundation, etc.
I think there are thousands of possibilities here in which we can contribute!

And a banner on the forum etc, wouldn't be a bad idea! I hope mods are up for it!

Posted Image

#10 Cecilia

Cecilia

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,187 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 12 October 2011 - 07:55 PM

Mitch talking to BBC Radio 5live about the foundation:
http://www.bbc.co.uk...t-arts-15275067

(sorry the audio is UK only I think...)

#11 Cecilia

Cecilia

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,187 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 12 October 2011 - 08:16 PM

I've transcribed the BBC interview with Mitch in case people outside the UK can't listen to it:

Mitch: It costs £45 000 a year to lock somebody up in prison and it's £150 000 a year to lock somebody up in prison if they're a juvenile offender. Now surely we can use some of that money... some of those juvenile offenders are drug addicts... surely it's much cheaper to spend 700 quid a week giving them the treatment they need.

BBC: Where does your foundation fit into that?

Mitch: OK, well the foundation is really acting, as far as the rehabilitation is concerned, as a lobbying group. You know, we've been asked to speak to the government to see if we can solve this problem of the NHS and the NCA, it's like... I look at it like a strata, almost like cement, that the government can't implement what they want. The government who run this country, they've said that they want more people in recovery and the NCA say "we don't want people in recovery". So you know, it's contrary to what the government want, so I'm not lobbying the government. The government and the Amy Winehouse Foundation are actually lobbying the NCA, can you believe it?

BBC: And the Foundation is not just about the rehabilitation of those who are addicted to illegal substances or legal substances, there's more to it than that isn't there?

Mitch: In the end... The foundation really... We can't raise enough money to solve that problem. We are raising money to help children's hospices, I'm involved with a small charity called Hopes and Dreams. The raise £20 000 a year to send 6 terminally ill kids away with their families for, you know, their last visit to Disney World or something like that. It's a great charity and they're always short of money. Hospices, we went to see two hospices last week. Both of them, one in Sussex, one in Essex, they need £2.5 million to run the hospice, they get £200 000 - £220 000 from the government, the rest they have to raise themselves, it's preposterous, actually preposterous. They are the kind of charity that we are going to want to be helping. Initially, in the first year, we hope to raise over £2 million for the Foundation. I'm writing a book, as you know, it's gonna be called Amy, My Daughter. All of the money that would be "my fees" in inerted commas are going to the foundation, and subsequently we're hoping to raise in the first year over £2m which will go towards the foundation to help children and their families

#12 ChipsAndPitta

ChipsAndPitta

I Told Ya I Was Trouble

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 526 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 08:23 PM

Thanks for transcribing it Cecilia, i'm in the UK but i couldn't listen to it as my connection is so flippin slow, all i got was the red circle spinning round LOL

I'm so pleased they are also helping hospices, my family give donations to hospices when we can and its a joke the government don't help them out more. He'll do a good job will Mitch.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I'm on Twitts >>> https://twitter.com/Baris1989 <<<

#13 tunisianswife

tunisianswife

Susan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 786 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 10:25 PM

Cecilia, thanks for bumping this up. somehow, I missed it. just 'liked' it on FB andthere are over 700 'likes'.
:'-(She was the DiVinci of my music world!

#14 Juan19

Juan19

RIP AmyWinehouse. We miss you

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 591 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 10:28 PM

thank you for the translation!

#15 songwriter

songwriter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 11:48 PM

Sounds like the money will be going to lots of good causes.
Out NOW on iTunes: 'FALLEN ASLEEP' ALL profits to Amy Winehouse Foundation:
http://itunes.apple....=482039173&uo=4

FOLLOW ME on TWITTER: http://twitter.com/mpbeermusic

My NEW website: http://www.matthewbe.../His_Music.html

MY OWN SONG, TO HELP THE FOUNDATION:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users