Posted 20 September 2011 - 07:56 PM

#2 africanfusion

africanfusion

You Know I'm No Good

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 20 September 2011 - 08:27 PM

new jack swing right? i love hearing amy talk about music, she had a very eclectic taste.

#3 Amy Jenna Harper

Amy Jenna Harper

Amy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,751 posts

Posted 20 September 2011 - 09:20 PM

Oh love this short interview..never saw it before.Thanks

I like her reaction.."Oh..Rene Charles "..probably everyone react like that when you listen something that you like it,and it's the first time,you discovert something :D

One name,one word : Amy <3
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#4 gpozzo

gpozzo

I swear I'm gonna love you until eternity...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 647 posts

Posted 20 September 2011 - 11:35 PM

I uploaded it in YouTube but I don't know what she says. lol I hardly ever understand Amy's accent...

Could anyone write here what she said? Cockney translation. haha

#5 Dani14

Dani14

You're the sweetest thing I've ever known

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 487 posts
  • LocationGreece/Piraeus

Posted 21 September 2011 - 12:51 AM

I love it when she talks about jazz. You can see the absolute satisfaction on her face and she has this particular tone when she says "Oh my god" or something like this. It's priceless :)

60do5Ti.jpg

#6 tunisianswife

tunisianswife

Susan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 786 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 02:32 AM

thanks for uploading. would love to see the whole thing. I love that radio interview and always chuckle when I replay it and hear her whisper, 'oh my God'. Her reaction to Ray Charles was the same that I had when I heard her for the first time! my jaw was open, literally open and I sat here saying, "oh my God, what have I been missing".
:'-(She was the DiVinci of my music world!

#7 LondonSweet

LondonSweet

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 12:07 PM

I uploaded it in YouTube but I don't know what she says. lol I hardly ever understand Amy's accent...

Could anyone write here what she said? Cockney translation. haha

Lol here you go:

"Did your parents have these records or did you have to go look for them?"

A: "No my brother had everything. All the R&B and stuff I came to all that (it was then called swing at the time) stuff like that I would buy, my brother was like 'Nah' - actually at the time my brother listened to all of like Sonic Youth and Pearl Jam and Therapy...and like really like 'I wanna die' bands like that and I had a very brief flirtation with that and I must've been about, literally, like I said like 9 and then I discovered Salt 'n Pepper and I was like 'I've got my music now'. and then when he started listening to Jazz when he was about 18 and I was 14 and I just remember the first time I ever heard 'Round Midnight through the wall an I was just like...

"Was it monk or..? (I couldn't hear the name of the other band)"

A: "Monk. And I was just like 'whats that...!?' I'll never forget that. I still remember hearing it."

Here the interview said something but I didn't catch it and Amy didn't particularly look like it was anything of interest lol

"And I - sorry - remember the first time I heard Ray Charles - ever. It was umm...Unchain My Heart and umm...yeah it was Unchain My Heart and I remember walking into my brother's room and I opened the door - I always used to knock coz my brother would throw stuff at you if you didn't knock - and I opened the door and I was jut like that [makes stunned face] and he goes 'what?' he looked at me like I was about to go 'mums dead' or something like that - touch wood - umm...he goes 'what's wrong?' and went [sounds stunned] 'who is this?' and he went [obviously kind of tone] 'it's Ray charles' and went 'Ray Charles...' and from then on I think I just listened to Ray Charles for 3 months, exclusively I was just like 'God'"

Hope that was useful. Amy had a lively mind so sometimes he kind of mentally jumped around when she was talking (though I think that's just a things us females do lol) so it was a bit hard to catch everything (and I'm doin this on my phone) but I hope you can understand it now!

;-)

Edited by LondonSweet, 21 September 2011 - 12:14 PM.

Nikki
Forever the fan of a musical Genius.

Winehouse~1983-2011
Remember her
8-/

#8 africanfusion

africanfusion

You Know I'm No Good

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 12:31 PM

he said "was it monk or miles playing."

#9 Amy Jenna Harper

Amy Jenna Harper

Amy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,751 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 02:24 PM

Oh great..

Thank you ..LondonSweet :D

One name,one word : Amy <3
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#10 natalialoves

natalialoves

what kind of fuckery is this?

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 05:22 PM

So we can thank her brother for her jazz influences :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users