142 replies to this topic

#16 Nigel Jam

Nigel Jam

You Know I'm No Good

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 04:39 PM

She had a loving and supportive family, but there are some things that a daughter or son won't tell reveal to their family. In the third chorus of the "Rehab" video, Amy looks directly at the camera and says "I just need a friend".

Thanks for this I was going to start a thread on this subject...

I thought she had loads of friends - such as Kelly Osbourne and Russell Brand - they had both been addicted and cured so how come they didn't help her? Is someone at fault? She said she was bi-polar or manic depressive as the old term used to be for this. But did she mean it? Crack and cocaine upsets the balance of the brain anyway and causes "manic" behaviour. Was Amy actually diagnosed?

Anyway Mitch said that he thought a section would be the too damaging in one of those interviews on You Tube which I can't find now!

#17 Miss Mermaid

Miss Mermaid

miss ya kid

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 736 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 04:51 PM

a blog about amy and depression:

http://blackorwhites...-to-her-demons/

#18 Amysanchorcat

Amysanchorcat

Hey, little rich girl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,125 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 04:53 PM

Theres quite a few about her depression. x

#19 Birdieava

Birdieava

Never miss a night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,453 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 04:56 PM

it's the same thing
just different medical terms for unbalanced brain biochemistry.

everyone is bipolar by definition, mostly within normal range. We ALL flow between happiness/sadness, between joy and plain dispair.

Amy's songs make you sit right there with her in the rollercoaster, don't they?

i believe she said herself (i can't remember where i read it, or the reliability of the source) that she was diagnosed with manic/depression a while before Back to Black came out. this would be a good fact to check :)

#20 Amysanchorcat

Amysanchorcat

Hey, little rich girl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,125 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 04:58 PM

Well written blog

#21 LegendJJ

LegendJJ

Amy, Amy, Amy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 797 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 04:59 PM

I think. Amy didn't take what was prescribed with her because she was afraid of how it would effect her creativity. I also suspect myself to have some sort of manic depression/ bipolar/adhd(haven't been actually diagnosed by a medical professional yet) but I go back and forth whether or not I should try ritalin(or some other prescription) because I'm scared if it may change me.

I guess that is how AMY felt. Seriously though I wish the public wasn't so judgemental about people like Amy and constantly saying "its all in their head" that they are "making excuses" and are "irresponsible".

People don't even realize how stupid they sound.....they act like brain disorders don't exist and that people with mental illnesses are faking....but in the next sentence they talk about their family member that they are praying for because they have alzheimers(another disorder of the brain).....WTF??

I hope in the future the public isn't as ignorant and judgemental as they are now. This topic gets me so worked up. I might just do a blog on mental illnesses and ignorance people have about it.

#22 Amysanchorcat

Amysanchorcat

Hey, little rich girl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,125 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 05:06 PM

Theres all kinds of foms of mental health, emotional issues, anxiety, low self esteem, insecurities. self worth all that is under the umberella of it, alot of people will have these issues and not realise they too fall in to that catorgery

#23 Nigel Jam

Nigel Jam

You Know I'm No Good

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 05:09 PM

The pressure of getting the type of fame Amy got and people like Jimi Hendrix and Jim Morrison - all other members of the so called 27 club, is very very immense it must effect the way your mind works. They also say that fame makes minor problems that you had before worse because suddenly everyone wants to be your friend and that puts a lot of demands on you.

Jimi Hendrix sang about it - so maybe he had it also?

:amyshock:

#24 pearljo

pearljo

♪♫♫ vaginal bleeding

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,242 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 05:22 PM

http://www.independe...ess-416386.html

Amy Winehouse, 23, the singer-songwriter, recently spoke about her " addictive personality" and brief time in rehab. Amy, who this year admitted drinking too much, said she refuses to take medication, even though clinically diagnosed as a manic depressive. Of her visit to rehab, she said: "The fella in charge said: 'Why are you here?', and I said: 'Well, I think I've come here because I'm drinking a lot. But I'm in love and the drinking is symptomatic of my depression. I'm not an alcoholic.'" She left. Her new single "Rehab" is released next month.

#25 pearljo

pearljo

♪♫♫ vaginal bleeding

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,242 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 05:46 PM

everyone is bipolar by definition, mostly within normal range

People are moody but not everyone is bipolar. Bipolar is a serious illness that boasts a 15to 20% suicide rate. Think of being in a room with 100 people, 20 walk out. That's bipolar. Moody people don't commit suicide at that rate. Big diff.

#26 Birdieava

Birdieava

Never miss a night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,453 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 06:06 PM

People are moody but not everyone is bipolar. Bipolar is a serious illness that boasts a 15to 20% suicide rate. Think of being in a room with 100 people, 20 walk out. That's bipolar. Moody people don't commit suicide at that rate. Big diff.

yes! yes! no need to confuse anyone, thank you pearljo ;)

we are human beings, concepts and definitions are what f*cks us up imho

that's why nobody likes to be put in a triangle - you WILL say no, no, no!!! :)

#27 pearljo

pearljo

♪♫♫ vaginal bleeding

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,242 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 06:25 PM

They need some behaviors to diagnose and treat but to give you an idea how effed up the DSM IV (psychiatry bible) can be, homosexuality was listed as a mental illness or disorder(of some sort) till 1973, when they revised the manual. huh?

They have diagnosis' on sh*t you would not believe so you're right..too many square pegs or round. acckkkkk!!!!!!!!

#28 Amy Jenna Harper

Amy Jenna Harper

Amy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,751 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 06:46 PM

You think that she was bepolar?

I think she was depressed probably..

One name,one word : Amy <3
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#29 pearljo

pearljo

♪♫♫ vaginal bleeding

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,242 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 06:52 PM

There are a lot of articles that she was bipolar, I posted one ^^above.

Most people who have bipolar, includind me, suffer 90% depression, 10% mania. That's why I was misdiagnosed for 20 years with depression. Then I had a mania that lasted 30days and my doctor caught it.

So yeah, most bipolars have mostly depression but there are those that go manic almost 100% of the times they have episodes.

So yeah, depression covers most of it.

#30 Miss Mermaid

Miss Mermaid

miss ya kid

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 736 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 10:37 AM

There are a lot of articles that she was bipolar, I posted one ^^above.

Most people who have bipolar, includind me, suffer 90% depression, 10% mania. That's why I was misdiagnosed for 20 years with depression. Then I had a mania that lasted 30days and my doctor caught it.

So yeah, most bipolars have mostly depression but there are those that go manic almost 100% of the times they have episodes.

So yeah, depression covers most of it.

Can you describe what bi-polar is like to have. i understand the depression side but what is the 10% side of the mania?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users