25 replies to this topic

#16 Juan19

Juan19

RIP AmyWinehouse. We miss you

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 591 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 11:44 PM

That was a nice interview. im glad too see that her wish to meet tony bennett was accomplished!

#17 LondonSweet

LondonSweet

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 08 October 2011 - 08:48 AM

I loved the Q&A!

So many things to love about the way he expresses herself so naturally an poetically. Also, my favourite smell is also petrol and Amy is the only person I've ever heard say that! Usually people give me weird looks when I tell then.

Makes me laugh how candidly and frequently she used to speak about sex hahaha
Nikki
Forever the fan of a musical Genius.

Winehouse~1983-2011
Remember her
8-/

#18 ancre

ancre

Just friends

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,253 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 12:56 PM

Here's another one interview "What I know about men" from "Observer" (8.10.2006):
http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/2006/oct/08/familyandrelationships.amywinehouse

Amy was 23 and said:

"A couple of years ago I would have said that I would end up as one of those women who lives with 20 cats and 40 piles of newspapers, but I'm thinking a bit more optimistically now[...]"

"I just like a man who I can muck about with, and who can take a joke. I admire men who don't take anything seriously, like Dean Martin, who had this amazing ability to distance people from himself. He never talked about troubles with his marriage and would have a line for everything. Also Sammy Davis Jr, who treated all that racism like water off a duck's back. He was like, 'Fuck it, I've got music.' That's how I feel."

Edited by ancre, 12 October 2011 - 01:01 PM.

#19 ancre

ancre

Just friends

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,253 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 01:00 PM

Never heard of Pigtopia or Beyond Black. (NY Times reviews)

Me too but I know "Catch 22" (another Amy's favourite) very well. The american television series "M*A*S*H" was very much inspired by this book! It was great. I'm sure you've seen that all, haven't you?

#20 LondonSweet

LondonSweet

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 07:50 AM

Something you guys may be interested in....

The Caribbean restaurant Amy references in the question about her favourite hotel....? It's just ten minutes from my college and I always pass it on my journey in and my journey home >:-D

I'm definitely gonna try it because they do authentic Jerk chicken and the fact that Amy mentioned Stew chicken as well shows she definitely knows Jamaican food (usually, non West-Indian people only speak about Jerk if they don't really know the Food of our culture). Amy was just too cool!
Nikki
Forever the fan of a musical Genius.

Winehouse~1983-2011
Remember her
8-/

#21 amylove

amylove

<3

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,480 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 04:50 AM

4 packs of gum a day? I'd be so gassy, omg LOL

---------- Post added at 12:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:43 AM ----------

[quote name='ancre']Here's another one interview "What I know about men" from "Observer" (8.10.2006):
http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/2006/oct/08/familyandrelationships.amywinehouse

Is this article her words?

"I wouldn't say I'm a feminist, but I don't like girls pretending to be stupid because it's easier."
Hmm

#22 Ace of Hearts

Ace of Hearts

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 219 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 05:37 AM

Thank you so much for posting these interviews. I love the Q&A and love finding out little morsels of info i had no idea existed!

#23 Elsie

Elsie

eek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 02:11 PM

Here's another one interview "What I know about men" from "Observer" (8.10.2006):

Is this article her words?

"I wouldn't say I'm a feminist, but I don't like girls pretending to be stupid because it's easier."
Hmm

I don't like how she said she didn't even notice losing weight and saying she only lost it with exercise. This sounds silly but I'd prefer if she didn't talk about some things rather than being insincere about them.

He still stands in spite of what his Mars bar says.

#24 amylove

amylove

<3

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,480 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 02:35 PM

I don't like how she said she didn't even notice losing weight and saying she only lost it with exercise. This sounds silly but I'd prefer if she didn't talk about some things rather than being insincere about them.

I don't know if she was intentionally insincere. But how do you not know you're losing weight when you need smaller clothes? haha. Maybe she was in denial.

#25 Elsie

Elsie

eek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 02:54 PM

Yes, I definitely think it sounds like reassuring herself but she spoke about her eating disorders as well in interviews so she obviously acknowledged them at some point... It just sounds like sugarcoating an issue, completely in contrast to her usual frank self which is why it bugs me a bit.

He still stands in spite of what his Mars bar says.

#26 Winehouse8327

Winehouse8327

One I wish I never played...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 05:57 PM

http://www.guardian.co.uk/travel/2007/feb/25/escape Q&A ("TheGuardian", 13.01.2007):

Are there other interviews in the same style as those two? I love the questions and answers.

I fall in love everyday !
Not with people, but with situations...

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users