38 replies to this topic

#1 ChipsAndPitta

ChipsAndPitta

I Told Ya I Was Trouble

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 526 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 11:42 AM

I asked this question to someone who is an Amy fan and they had great difficulty in deciding their final answer - If you could only listen to 3 Amy songs for the rest of your life, what 3 would you pick? Yes i know its tough but, well, tough :-P
After much deliberation mine would be: Love Is A Losing Game, You Know I'm No Good and Back To Black.

I have many other favourites believe me, Rehab, Fuck Me Pumps, Wake Up Alone, Tears Dry On Their Own, Just Friends, He Can Only Hold Her, Stronger Than Me, Hey Little Rich Girl, Valerie, Monkey Man, You're Wondering Now, To Know Him Is To Love Him etc etc. If i keep typing i'll end up with every song she ever did on the page! So anyway they are my 3.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I'm on Twitts >>> https://twitter.com/Baris1989 <<<

#2 what'sinsideher

what'sinsideher

What's inside her never dies

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 477 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 03:15 PM

That's a difficult question because if you asked me tomorrow, I'd probably tell you 3 different ones. But as of right now, I would say "Tears Dry on Their Own", "Take the Box", and "Wake Up Alone".

TDOTO is just an awesome song. I would want to be able to listen to a live version because what she did with her voice in the live versions was just amazing. WUA is beautiful; heartbreaking but somehow also comforting. TTB is sad but lovely and her voice, especially at the end, always knocks my socks off no matter how many times I hear it. But I would miss all the others so much!

"Anyone who sings a tune so sweet is passin' by..."

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#3 LauraWinehouse

LauraWinehouse

My Idol... My World.... My inspiration....Amy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 03:36 PM

right now i'd say Back to black, Amy, Amy, Amy and you know im no good :D
We Only Say Goodbye With Words
I Died A Hundred Times
RIP Amy Winehouse
Your Forever In My Heart

VALERIE!!!!

:'-(

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#4 Tiny Penny

Tiny Penny

Play all my records, keep dancing all night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,611 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 04:25 PM

OMG that is so so so hard! I would defo have to listen to 'Back to Black' (i have to listen to this song every day, always have done every since i first heard it - sums up exactly how i have felt / feel)
And i agree with What's inside her with regards to 'Tears Dry on Their Own' - what a brilliant song, makes me smile every time i hear it! Love it so much!
Then my third would be so very very hard... Torn between 'You know I'm No Good', 'Wake Up Alone', 'Some Unholy War', 'Val..', ugh... but would prob choose 'Fuck Me Pumps'? Ugh think it would be horrid to be only able to listen to three of her songs!
I love you in a place where there's no space or time...Forever you will be a true friend of mine:)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#5 tselekoglu

tselekoglu

Amy, Amy, Amy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 727 posts

Posted 22 October 2011 - 07:47 AM

Amy's 3 favorite songs for me are changing every month. But, for this month, I can truly say; You Sent Me Flying, What It Is, Me and Mr Jones.
''You Sent Me Flying'' is a restful song from Frank which is not very popular. Maybe, that's because I love this song so much.
''What It Is'' is a great song from Frank B-Sides. It makes me sad because its lyrics are so meaningful and I really don't understand why it's not released. I really want to listen ''What It Is'' live performance from Amy but she didn't sing this song in any concert. So, these things make me love this song so much.
''Me and Mr Jones''; This song's story is very interesting and sweet. When I listened this song first time, I was shocked. :amyshock: Because Amy was singing greater and happier at AOL Winter Warmer and she looked too healthy. I always tried to understand; ''Mr Destiny 9 and 14''. And then a few weeks ago, I learned that she wrote this song for Nas(Nasir Jones) who was born in September, 14th too. And at that time I understand why she said ''Mr Destiny 9 and 14, nobody stands in between me and my man coz it's me and Mr Jones.'' That's because I love ''Me and Mr Jones'' too.
Posted Image
16 letters, 3 words, 5 syllables, 1 woman, a big talent;

Amy Jade Winehouse :missyou:

My Amy Fan Page >> http://www.facebook.com/BritLioness

My Tumblr >> http://winehouseanddelrey.tumblr.com/

#6 Mutterkorn1

Mutterkorn1

Hippiezwerg

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 675 posts

Posted 22 October 2011 - 09:37 AM

3 Amy songs for the rest of your life, what 3 would you pick?

You know im no good
BTB
Wake up alone
:heart:Posted Image

#7 lolainas

lolainas

Never Clip My Wings

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 533 posts

Posted 22 October 2011 - 11:24 AM

Difficult question, I like almost all songs but Tears Dry On Their Own and Valerie are my mode of cheer me up when I'm down, I love Wake up Alone too and Stronger than me and you sent me flying aaaand you know I'm not good aaaanndd.... omg I think there are more than 3 :lol:

.why dont you come on over, Valerie?

"It's not important to me to make other people at ease. I am difficult, but that's because I don’t really give a fuck."

#8 BitterSweet92

BitterSweet92

You Know I'm No Good

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 282 posts

Posted 22 October 2011 - 12:07 PM

^ I agree, Tears Dry On Their Own and Valerie always cheer me up aswell. Same for Rehab, mainly because of the instrumental (Amy and Mark are geniuses).

Right now, if I had to pick 3 songs of Amy, they would be:
- Back to Black
- Tears Dry On Their Own
- Rehab

#9 Mutterkorn1

Mutterkorn1

Hippiezwerg

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 675 posts

Posted 22 October 2011 - 12:23 PM

ahaaa more than 3 ;) ...
OK All ... no

Me " MR. Jones ...as No 4 °
:heart:Posted Image

#10 dellaseren

dellaseren

Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 22 October 2011 - 02:30 PM

For me... You Know I'm No Good. I Heard Love Is Blind, and my absolute ALL TIME FAVE is Moody's Mood For Love! Sooooo lovely.

#11 ladyamy

ladyamy

No Greater Love Than What I Feel For You

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,191 posts

Posted 22 October 2011 - 02:49 PM

Amy's songs are all great, but if I had to pick only three there would be
Tears Dry On Their Own, because is the first Amy's song I heard and because I love the 60's sound and the lyrics.
No Greater Love I know it's not hers, but is the best version ever anyway. The AOL version is out of this world.
Love Is A Losing Game, because it's the song that better reflects Amy's personality and talent and because I didn't know that pain and beauty could create something so, so special. Definitely is THE SONG.

Edited by ladyamy, 22 October 2011 - 02:57 PM.

I’m a firm believer that we all meet up in eternity

#12 Amysanchorcat

Amysanchorcat

Hey, little rich girl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,125 posts

Posted 22 October 2011 - 04:07 PM

Err Baris, thats a toughie, breaking it down to 3, gonna have to mull over that one, erm, three... ;) xx
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] The Only Time I Hold Ur Hand Is To Get The Angle Right

#13 SteveV

SteveV

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 282 posts

Posted 22 October 2011 - 05:44 PM

Wake Up Alone (studio version), Long Day, Valerie (BBC sessions 2007 live version). A fourth would be "Some Unholy War" from the same BBC sessions.

#14 Sir' Taurean

Sir' Taurean

Mr. Magic!!!!!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 03:14 AM

You Sent Me Flying, Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow, Some Unholy War.

- Some Unholy War is her best damn song ever! I literally listen to it about 2x a day on the minimum.

SIGNATURE REMOVED. PLEASE MAKE SURE SIGNATURE DOES NOT EXCEED 500x200 PIXELS.

#15 CreativeAmyCanuckerGal

CreativeAmyCanuckerGal

" I said No, No, No "

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 423 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 09:43 PM

Darn it...ya like makin it a challenge, eh ..well, for the time being, my 3 pix are :
1. Love is A Losing Game
2. Rehab
3. Back to Black

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users