Photo
- - - - -

Back to Black Video used derelict church.

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 Nigel Jam

Nigel Jam

You Know I'm No Good

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 22 October 2011 - 02:34 PM

I was just watching the B2B video and recognised the church for the first time. It's a derelict one in Abney Park Cemetery, Stoke Newington, London. If you go in there that church looks like something out of a horror film, it's all boarded up and isn't used. Anyone else been there?

http://en.wikipedia....y_Park_Cemetery

Rarely used for burials it's now a nature reserve and used for video's though I don't know of any others than the B2B one. It is seriously creepy if you go there!

#2 Johanna

Johanna

What Kind Of Fuckery Is This?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 374 posts

Posted 22 October 2011 - 02:45 PM

Very sad and sorry Amy has choosen cremation and her ash is spread . When she was buried here whe where visiting her grave . :'-(

#3 Mama_Haze

Mama_Haze

Hazy Lady

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,402 posts

Posted 22 October 2011 - 02:45 PM

Didn't know that but I have to go there, what a cool place! Thanks for sharing. I'm gonna buzz my best mate about this later, see if he fancies a photo sesh here when we go down to see Sam Shaker's show in a few weeks :)

#4 Nigel Jam

Nigel Jam

You Know I'm No Good

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 22 October 2011 - 02:53 PM

Didn't know that but I have to go there, what a cool place! Thanks for sharing. I'm gonna buzz my best mate about this later, see if he fancies a photo sesh here when we go down to see Sam Shaker's show in a few weeks :)

It's open I think every day of the week - they lock it at night, go in day light and don't get locked in;-)

#5 Amysanchorcat

Amysanchorcat

Hey, little rich girl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,125 posts

Posted 22 October 2011 - 03:06 PM

Is it a listed building?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] The Only Time I Hold Ur Hand Is To Get The Angle Right

#6 Nigel Jam

Nigel Jam

You Know I'm No Good

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 22 October 2011 - 03:29 PM

Is it a listed building?

Yes the whole cemetery is listed. It's ancient! Let me know if you go there I'd like to know what you think! :-S

Edited by Nigel Jam, 22 October 2011 - 03:35 PM.

#7 Amysanchorcat

Amysanchorcat

Hey, little rich girl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,125 posts

Posted 22 October 2011 - 03:42 PM

I'm in the north, but love old listed victorian, previctorian building, just for the history, as for the cemetery, uhm, bit creepy for me, lol, but cool, a classic old church x
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] The Only Time I Hold Ur Hand Is To Get The Angle Right

#8 ancre

ancre

Just friends

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,253 posts

Posted 22 October 2011 - 08:13 PM

Do you know who's idea was to shoot B2B video in this sad, dark convention? I think the initial graphic concept with B2B was not so tragic - as on the album photo set - there was blackboard with writings on it at the beggining and clean (black) one at the end. You know, back to black, strictly...

Btw I'd like to add that Gibson Gardens was another location for shooting some scenes of the B2B video...

Posted Image

What do you think about creating special Amy Winehouse tribute route in London (something semi-offical?) through the places that were connected with her and were cherished by her? Some time ago there was special thread here on AWF about Amy's London with her radio interview, speaking about her fav places, pubs, parks etc. - very inspirational in this context...

#9 SteveV

SteveV

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 282 posts

Posted 22 October 2011 - 10:00 PM

We may visit London next year. We would love to do an "Amy Tour". It seems that some enterprising business would have something like that.

#10 Nasha

Nasha

Amy Amy Amy...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 479 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 07:50 PM

What do you think about creating special Amy Winehouse tribute route in London (something semi-offical?) through the places that were connected with her and were cherished by her? Some time ago there was special thread here on AWF about Amy's London with her radio interview, speaking about her fav places, pubs, parks etc. - very inspirational in this context...

I think it would be a great idea, very inspirational in this context, indeed. I love London, (and Camden), and I' d love to discover more of "Amy's London". I've been looking for the thread you're talking about, but I haven't found it yet. Will keep looking...
"I should just be my own best friend"

Amy Winehouse (1983-2011)

#11 ladyamy

ladyamy

No Greater Love Than What I Feel For You

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,191 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 08:10 PM

I've always thought it was beautiful and the house as well.
I’m a firm believer that we all meet up in eternity

#12 ancre

ancre

Just friends

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,253 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 08:38 AM

I think it would be a great idea, very inspirational in this context, indeed. I love London, (and Camden), and I' d love to discover more of "Amy's London". I've been looking for the thread you're talking about, but I haven't found it yet. Will keep looking...

Bonjour, Natacha and welcome to the AWF! Here is the link to the forementioned thread:
http://www.amywineho...read.php?t=5726

#13 Nasha

Nasha

Amy Amy Amy...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 479 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 09:05 PM

Thank you for the welcome, ancre, and thank you for the link. It's a really great interview (though a little bit difficult to understand for me sometimes, because of their accents - that I love, though), I love listening to Londoners talking about London, and they mentioned quite a few places I had never heard of.
"I should just be my own best friend"

Amy Winehouse (1983-2011)

#14 Tiny Penny

Tiny Penny

Play all my records, keep dancing all night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,611 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 09:52 PM

It is my favourite video and I watch it all the time! I too love the house - just love the whole 60s feel to the video. All the more poignant now. She is just beautiful in it too.
I love you in a place where there's no space or time...Forever you will be a true friend of mine:)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#15 tunisianswife

tunisianswife

Susan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 786 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 05:15 PM

did u notice the speckled butterfly on the wiki page? :)....some unexpected Amy?
:'-(She was the DiVinci of my music world!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users