#31 Uno

Uno

It's bricked up in my head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,920 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 01:03 PM

Amy Winehouse poisoned by alcohol

A verdict of misadventure was recorded today at an inquest into Amy Winehouse's death after a coroner heard she was more than five times the legal drink-drive limit.

The inquest, in London, was told she hit the bottle after being dry for three weeks and was poisoned by alcohol.

St Pancras coroner Suzanne Greenway said: "She had consumed sufficient alcohol at 416mg per decilitre (of blood) and the unintended consequence of such potentially fatal levels was her sudden and unexpected death."

The star, as famous for her battle with drink and drugs as for her singing ability, was found in bed in her Camden flat, in north London, on July 23.

Police recovered three bottles of vodka, two large and one small.

Today's inquest heard that a post-mortem examination of the Back To Black diva's body found her vital organs in good health and with no traces of illegal drugs.

But she had huge amounts of alcohol in her system which could have stopped her breathing and sent her into a coma.

http://www.independe...ol-2376174.html
Amy, if you are up there listening, thank you for sharing the incredible soundtracks of your life ...

#32 Tiny Penny

Tiny Penny

Play all my records, keep dancing all night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,611 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 01:12 PM

Still makes me feel really sad. What a waste. I wonder why she consumed so much alcohol on her own, what made her do this? I just hope, like others have said, that she just slipped away peacefully. Very very sad. Xx
I love you in a place where there's no space or time...Forever you will be a true friend of mine:)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#33 ancre

ancre

Just friends

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,253 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 01:13 PM

"But she had huge amounts of alcohol in her system which could have stopped her breathing and sent her into a coma."

So there was wide time margin to help her but nobody was there (i'm so angry!). At least if it was coma thing, the passing was relatively peaceful - I want to believe that... RIP, Amy.

#34 Amysanchorcat

Amysanchorcat

Hey, little rich girl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,125 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 01:20 PM

Coz even though she was going dry for weeks, then binging, and she was a hardened longterm drinker, drinking how she normally would after a large gap, and her her small frame, and if she didn't have much in her stomach, it just got her, there won't have been a reason, its just because she was an battling alcoholic, and a young girl who thought she was invincable, just wish bodyguard would checked sooner, more often. Total waste and total tragedy all the same, she should be here, God Bless her, smart arse cunts are at it on twitter, wankers! x
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] The Only Time I Hold Ur Hand Is To Get The Angle Right

#35 Winehouse Winette.x

Winehouse Winette.x

Self Professed. Profound.

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 01:28 PM

I can feel all those feelings of profound heartbreak coming back to haunt. I've been dreading the inquest as i'm sure you guys all have because it's opening up a can of raw emotions again. :'/

So her death has been ruled as misadventure(accidental), reading that she had that vast quantity of alcohol in her body makes me so sad. Poor girl. :'(
Never going to think of her any differently though. Ever. She's still the talented, real, breathtaking, loving Amy Winehouse. A extraordinary girl with an extraordinary heart.

Edited by Winehouse Winette.x, 26 October 2011 - 01:45 PM.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

You'll Never Get My Mind Right Like 2 Ships Passing In The Night.

Amy Jade Winehouse = The modern day Billie Holiday & Dinah Washington.

#36 Elsie

Elsie

eek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 01:30 PM

I hate being reminded she is gone. That report will only bring the mean and insensitive comments back...

He still stands in spite of what his Mars bar says.

#37 Amysanchorcat

Amysanchorcat

Hey, little rich girl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,125 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 01:33 PM

If anyone can take from this that binging isn't safe, i don't know what will. x
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] The Only Time I Hold Ur Hand Is To Get The Angle Right

#38 LondonSweet

LondonSweet

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 01:41 PM

BBC news - "death by misadventure"

"4.5 times over the drink drive limit...well over the amount that could lead to fatality"

Saw that on BBC earlier while I was having lunch :(
Don't really understand the "misadventure" term
Nikki
Forever the fan of a musical Genius.

Winehouse~1983-2011
Remember her
8-/

#39 Cecilia

Cecilia

What kind of fuckery is this?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,187 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 26 October 2011 - 01:45 PM

Death by misadventure just means that it was not a suicide and no crime has been committed. It means her death was an unintentional accident.

#40 W1nEh0use

W1nEh0use

We only said goodbye with words ....

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 01:56 PM

Either way, Amy lives forever.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Dido will kill you!"

#41 Tiny Penny

Tiny Penny

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,611 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 01:58 PM

I feel very sad, infact I feel sick today reading the comments surrounding Amy's death and the results of the inquest.
I love you in a place where there's no space or time...Forever you will be a true friend of mine:)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#42 Tiny Penny

Tiny Penny

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,611 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 01:59 PM

I feel very sad, infact I feel sick today reading the comments surrounding Amy's death and the results of the inquest.

i have just read this article and it lifted me because it is just Amy and no matter what the newspapers / coroners / Twitters say today she won't ever change in my mind - she is just a girl who liked a good time and had a heart of gold. Thought I'd share for those feeling sad today too...

http://www.sabotaget...the-pool-table/

Remembering the girl in the vest, cut off jeans and ballet shoes who was more than a bit tasty at pool. Saying goodbye to Amy Winehouse.
By 2005 Britpop had very definitively left the building, even the Japanese kids who had arrived in search of Graham and Liam and Jarvis, had accepted that they had long since swilled off their last pint and found something more fulfilling.
The building, mentioned above, was The Good Mixer, Camden Town, London. The boozer, turned cultural epicentre turned boozer again, of Cool Brittania. The ‘A‘n’R’ men, with their record company advances and blizzard of Cocaine snorted, had finally admitted that they actually wanted to kill their friends and staggered off home. It was, once again, just a shitey little boozer with toilets that stunk of piss and puke and the over-worked plectrums of every indie kid that stepped off the northern line and into the promise of potential stardom.
They left behind, in their quest for what they thought the kids wanted, a decent juke box, a couple of pool tables, and one of the most talented songwriters and voices of the century…
In Camden Town, the community in which she had grown up, Amy Winehouse had her own style, but she looked no more remarkable than anyone around her. She melded in perfectly with the winkle-pickers and piercings and Mohican haircuts and tattoos. She was, for many years, just another local, another character. Yep, she’d had an album out, but so had Idlewild and Gene and The Bluetones and everyone else who’d flogged their wares before her. In reality her songs were considered a bit too ‘Jazz-Pop’ to be taken seriously by many, at the time. She was treated just like everyone else. Luckily she never wished to be treated like anyone else. She appeared not to care, about anything. Good girl.
In the summer of 2006, after the release of that first album, she’d often proudly hold court in ‘The Mixer’ for a whole afternoon, wearing just a vest, cut off jeans and ballet slippers, having dumped her handbag, which sometimes looked like it weighed more than her, at the nearest table. She’d then cockily spank everyone in there at pool. While trouncing you she’d gladly brag about the acquisition of a massive bump on her forehead, or some other injury, the product of a mammoth bender which involved drinking the whole top row of optics, and bus-loads of nose-up, a fight, and a visit to the hospital, the night before. It was not an uncommon story at the time, nobody present thought twice about it. She was simply ‘That Amy bird with that album out’ who was a bit too good at pool. Yep, she overdid it now and then, but who didn’t?
Then her second, and brilliant, album took off. ‘Amy the pool hustler from the Mixer’ was on the telly a lot more. Then more. Then even more. Then ridiculous! 25 million album sales type of ridiculous! Now and then there was talk of fleeting visits, that she’d been down the pub for a bender, (still in slippers, vest and shorts, but with a minder for the handbag) for a game of pool. She’d said hello to, and played (and beaten) the same people. The tabloid stories of deep troubles were un-avoidable and evidently true.
Camden wouldn’t see her for months at a time, other than in the news. By now we, and the whole world, hoped she’d come through. Earlier this year there were whispers that she was a full-time local girl once again. She’d bought a big house in Camden Square and been in The Mixer. Then we saw her stomping down The Parkway. Bring on the new album!
Tonight, while sitting in the closest boozer to Amy’s last home, I had a shocking text message from a mate who lives close to Amy’s new home, just a few hundred yards away. Surely it was just another daft rumour?
It wasn’t.
The girl who could knock out a cracking tune, and seven ball finish, was gone. A sad loss.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#43 Miss Mermaid

Miss Mermaid

miss ya kid

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 736 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 01:59 PM

it isn't anything that we don't really know anyway - there is nothing really suprising that has come out today is there? nothing we are shocked about?

just enjoy her music people.

#44 Alan48

Alan48

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,607 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 02:00 PM

reading that she had that vast quantity of alcohol in her body makes me so sad. Poor girl. :'(

Breaks my heart! I blame everybody! :'-(

#45 W1nEh0use

W1nEh0use

We only said goodbye with words ....

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 02:07 PM

Just think of the wonderful legacy she leaves.

Amy graced this earth only a short time but brought such joy to so many people. She would have liked that.

Genius never truly dies it just sometimes relocates.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Dido will kill you!"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users