Photo
- - - - -

NEW ALBUM: Title, cover, date and tracklist

• Please log in to reply
212 replies to this topic

#1 gpozzo

gpozzo

I swear I'm gonna love you until eternity...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 647 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 02:34 AM

I CAN'T EVEN BELIEVE THAT! Amy's new album will be named "Lioness: Hidden Treasures" and it will be out on December 5th.

Here is the cover:

Posted Image

TRACKLIST

1. OUR DAY WILL COME (Reggae Version): Re-working of classic '60s doo-wop song produced by Salaam Remi. Recorded May 2002.

2. BETWEEN THE CHEATS: New Amy composition recorded in London in May 2008 for potential inclusion on album three, produced by Salaam Remi.

3. TEARS DRY: First written by Amy as a ballad, this is the original version she recorded in November 2005 in Miami with Salaam. The later up-tempo version appears on Back To Black.

4. WAKE UP ALONE: The first song recorded for the Back To Black sessions. This is the one-take demo recorded in March 2006 by Paul O'Duffy.

5. WILL YOU STILL LOVE ME TOMORROW: Beautiful reading of the Carole King-written Shirelles classic. Produced by Mark Ronson and featuring the Dap Kings with string arrangements by Chris Elliott. Recorded in September 2004.

6. VALERIE: One of Amy's jukebox favourites, the original slower tempo version of the Mark Ronson-produced post-Back To Black single. Recorded in December 2006.

7. LIKE SMOKE featuring Nas: Amy and Nas became good friends after Amy name-checked the New York rapper on Back To Black's Me & Mr Jones. Like Smoke is Amy finally doing a song with one of her favourite artists. Produced by Salaam Remi. Recorded in May 2008.

8. THE GIRL FROM IPANEMA: The first song 18-year-old Amy sang when she went to Miami to record with Salaam. He remarked that "the way she re-interpreted this bossa nova classic made me realise I was dealing with a very special talent. Her approach to the song was so young and fresh, it inspired the rest of our sessions". Recorded in May 2002.

9. HALFTIME: Amy had talked to Ahmir "Questlove" Thompson of the Roots about working together. Amy and Salaam worked on Half-time since the Frank sessions. The result is beautiful. Recorded in August 2002.

10. BEST FRIENDS: Frank-era live set opener produced by Salaam Remi. Probably the first song that early Amy fans would have heard live. Recorded in February 2003.

11. BODY & SOUL with Tony Bennett: Cover of '30s jazz standard with hero Tony Bennett. Recorded at Abbey Road Studios London in March 2011 and produced by Phil Ramone. Amy's final studio recording.

12. A SONG FOR YOU: Heartbreaking and emotional version of the classic made famous by Donny Hathaway, Amy's favourite artist. The song was recorded in one take, just Amy and her guitar, at her home during spring 2009 as she battled her demons. Produced by Salaam Remi.

More details on: http://www.thesun.co...-new-album.html

"Cuz I miss your ginger hair and the way you liked to dress."

My YouTube Channel

#2 gpozzo

gpozzo

I swear I'm gonna love you until eternity...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 647 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 02:37 AM

I'm so happy, but I was expecting more. We already know 4 songs and nearly all are covers, demos and alternate versions.

I can't wait to hear Amy's version to "Girl From Ipanema" and "A Song For You". Omfg.

#3 Jessa.

Jessa.

What Kind Of Fuckery Is This?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 328 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 02:44 AM

WAIT..... is this legit? I was expecting more as well.... but I'll gladly take anything.
Posted Image

(don't mind my expressions through GIFS, lol)

#4 AlabamaGirl2007

AlabamaGirl2007

You Know I'm No Good

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 256 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 02:44 AM

Wow, can't believe we will get a new CD. So sad that it had to be after she passed. I am very proud of her, though. I can't wait to hear Girl from Ipanema and all others. I will definitely buy this...

#5 MDPA

MDPA

"We all become what we once hated"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 395 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 03:06 AM

I cant breathe. Literally!

Im soooooo excited im so excited im so excited! I love you so much Amy!

#6 Jdawl

Jdawl

Noob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 03:14 AM

This totally just made my week x a billion.

#7 Alan48

Alan48

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,607 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 04:00 AM

2. BETWEEN THE CHEATS: New Amy composition recorded in London in May 2008 for potential inclusion on album three, produced by Salaam Remi.

I'm taking this to mean that there's more than enough material left to put together a good Album Three!

#8 iheartblondie

iheartblondie

When I come back, you'll know.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 04:03 AM

I can't stop smiling...

#9 Jessa.

Jessa.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 328 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 04:06 AM

Hm, I was reading this (tracklist) over && thought I see alot of Salaam Remi on here, but there is really no mention of Mark Ronson (he's the one that said he was working on tracks). Also, didn't he say he was working && finishing the tracks this past week? The Sun claims they listened to it last week. Did Mark possibly finish and send them over that fast? :-S I don't mean to be paranoid hehe, just making some obversations :)

The Sun has been known to be completely unreliable at times. Also.. some things caught me off guard.

Hidden Treasures includes a track recorded while the troubled star was under the influence of heroin.

Why would they release something that was done while she was under the influence of heroin? Do we wanna hear that? :-$ Also, I find it weird that they have the album cover already just by listening to the tracks.. but that's all I have to say.

Anyway, those are just observations I have. I guess I can be a little paranoid/cautious when it comes to certain things... especially when it comes to things containing Amy. LOL

I'd appreciate it if some of you commented on this. It won't hurt me if you disagree ;-)

#10 D-Bomb

D-Bomb

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 04:15 AM

I'm smiling. I wish Body & Soul and Best Friend weren't on there. I don't mind the alternate versions of songs but I'd prefer they piece together a proper 3rd album first. Anyway, I look forward to the new ones, A Song For You, and Tears Dry. Also, I'd prefer to post Back to Black stuff prior to older stuff, so again, I'd just prefer the actual 3rd record but I'll take what I can get. I'm kinda back in the mood of not listening to her after the news the other day but it'll be ok.

Oh, I hope they use another another album cover. The Vibe and NME pictures for example were beautiful.

#11 Juan19

Juan19

RIP AmyWinehouse. We miss you

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 591 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 04:57 AM

This is some good news!! i just wish amy would be alive!! But im happy another amy album is coming to us soon! looking forward to it!

#12 crol

crol

i'm not ashamed, but the guilt will kill you

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 05:25 AM

Only two new tracks, hopefully a full album of new tracks to come then.

Thrilled to bits with this news though. Not so keen on some of the production on earlier so glad to hear they've been reworked. The Tears Dry demo is something I've longed to hear for years.

Love the pic theyve chosen for the cover too. All in all, great news.

#13 Birdieava

Birdieava

Never miss a night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,453 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 05:40 AM

awesome

#14 iheartblondie

iheartblondie

When I come back, you'll know.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 05:42 AM

I think it's rude for Sun to write "while under the influence of heroin". I mean, I doubt drugs made a difference in her artistic ability. Just my 2 cents. It was very distasteful of them to write that.

#15 Jessa.

Jessa.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 328 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 05:45 AM

I think it's rude for Sun to write "while under the influence of heroin". I mean, I doubt drugs made a difference in her artistic ability. Just my 2 cents. It was very distasteful of them to write that.

Yes, I find it a bit fishy/rude that they said it, especially in such an clear manner. I mean, on the track, is it that clear that she was high..? Because even in the article.. at the top, it says 'One track while high on drugs.' I don't get why they'd advertise it like that... :( :-S

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users