Photo
- - - - -

it's inevitable ... an amy movie will be made *how about PAZ?

• Please log in to reply
144 replies to this topic

#1 Birdieava

Birdieava

Never miss a night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,453 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 05:02 AM

what do u think? any other suggestions? :'-(
i think there is a striking resemblance but i have never seen her acting

http://www.dailymail...oween-bash.html

Edited by Birdieava, 31 October 2011 - 05:17 AM.

#2 Birdieava

Birdieava

Never miss a night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,453 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 05:11 AM

:-S
http://www.celebitch...as_in_the_womb/

How did you come to accompany Jack Nicholson to the premiere of “The Departed”?
I met Jack at the Roosevelt Hotel when I was 19. I was dating a narcissistic actor at the time who had abandoned me to schmooze for his work. I was very angry, and Jack kept following me around. He said to me: “They don’t make them like you anymore. I haven’t seen a beautiful girl like you since 1965.”

feedback please!0_0 xo

#3 Elsie

Elsie

eek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 10:47 AM

I hope it isn't inevitable tbh.

He still stands in spite of what his Mars bar says.

#4 York

York

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 11:06 AM

I think this is not the best option, it seems to me that the primary role of Amy has to perform a very good actress like for example Penelope Cruz, or none at all who is not a famous actress.

#5 africanfusion

africanfusion

You Know I'm No Good

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 11:20 AM

i don't see any resemblance & its too soon to be thinking about movies.

#6 AlabamaGirl2007

AlabamaGirl2007

You Know I'm No Good

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 256 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 11:32 AM

Oh G-d, I hope they don't make a movie.

#7 Birdieava

Birdieava

Never miss a night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,453 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 12:04 PM

there is already a thread about it, about a movie, look it up!
I said No no no!!! no movie will ever do justice. these are my words.

then, another thread saying reg is going to make the movie.

so yah, too soon to think about it - but it's going to happen anyways as much as we don't like the idea

it's going to be a personal choice when the time comes to see the movie, which is probably Years away.

so that wasnt what this thread is about - movie or no movie

it was about discussing actresses who could actually do a good job playing amy - looks, talent, etc

seem callused to you? just read my posts jeez, im far from insensitive about it. please stop posting if you wanna movie or no!

------------------------------------

i agree with having to be someone like penelope, a good actress if not necessarily a famous one, after i posted this i found out that paz is not only "D" list, but also has a lot of personal problems.

I 100% take it back .... thanks guys.

Edited by Birdieava, 31 October 2011 - 12:11 PM.

#8 Birdieava

Birdieava

Never miss a night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,453 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 12:11 PM

i don't see any resemblance &

i didnt at first, then i imagined her with the makeup. etc. thanks for the note:)

#9 ladyamy

ladyamy

No Greater Love Than What I Feel For You

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,191 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 12:18 PM

When you have somebody with such an special look and personality as Amy's any attempt to make a biopic can only have as a result a stupid parody. People think that all you need to be Amy is a beehive and tons of eyeliner. When are they going to realise that what makes Amy so special is her inmense talent? Personally I won't watch any film. I know the real Amy and that's all I need to know.
I’m a firm believer that we all meet up in eternity

#10 Elsie

Elsie

eek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 12:31 PM

Sorry to piss you off, I just think it's too soon for a film. There are many well made biopics imo; Control, Walk the Line, to name a couple. Both Sam Riley and Joaquin Phoenix did an amazing job there, most importantly in the aspect of their singing and performing impersonations, both really impressive. I can't think of anyone who would do a decent Amy impersonation though, I agree with ladyamy that they all look and sound like parodies. That's why I don't think any actress would do her any justice.
But if I had to choose someone, I'd say Sally Hawkins would be my first choice. She resembles Amy on screen sometimes imo, and she's a fantastic actress. If she starts practising performing now, she could do a decent Amy in about 10 years, eh? :D

#11 africanfusion

africanfusion

You Know I'm No Good

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 12:45 PM

well since i'm in the "too soon" camp its difficult for me to think of an actress who should play amy. whenever this happens whoever they choose should be from london at the very least, i'd hate for there a dick van dyke accent debacle a la mary poppins.

i always meant to watch 'boardwalk empire' but never got around to it so i dunno anything about paz in regards to acting. i know clips of her drunk & falling over are featured in lana del rey's 'video games' video so it would probably be in poor taste to cast her as amy.

#12 Birdieava

Birdieava

Never miss a night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,453 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 01:19 PM

Sorry to piss you off, I just think it's too soon for a film. There are many well made biopics imo; Control, Walk the Line, to name a couple. Both Sam Riley and Joaquin Phoenix did an amazing job there, most importantly in the aspect of their singing and performing impersonations, both really impressive. I can't think of anyone who would do a decent Amy impersonation though, I agree with ladyamy that they all look and sound like parodies. That's why I don't think any actress would do her any justice.
But if I had to choose someone, I'd say Sally Hawkins would be my first choice. She resembles Amy on screen sometimes imo, and she's a fantastic actress. If she starts practising performing now, she could do a decent Amy in about 10 years, eh? :D

everyone is entitled to their feelings about it! i don't want to hurt these feelings, really guys ... :(

thank U elsie for mentioning sally, i had no idea who she is ....she looks great ;-)

I just think, if we put some thought into it, our collective consciousness will help the director (whoever it will be) to make the right choice. amy was just way to talented for anyone to play her in a movie like u say, it's not about the looks at all ... she had a very complex personality/life, it will take someone with real genuine acting skills to be able to come thru on screen like amy

#13 Birdieava

Birdieava

Never miss a night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,453 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 01:26 PM

well since i'm in the "too soon" camp its difficult for me to think of an actress who should play amy. whenever this happens whoever they choose should be from london at the very least, i'd hate for there a dick van dyke accent debacle a la mary poppins.

i always meant to watch 'boardwalk empire' but never got around to it so i dunno anything about paz in regards to acting. i know clips of her drunk & falling over are featured in lana del rey's 'video games' video so it would probably be in poor taste to cast her as amy.

that's what i thought - terrible choice, needs to be someone more serious about it, someone who is not in tabloids!

#14 Elsie

Elsie

eek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 01:44 PM

everyone is entitled to their feelings about it! i don't want to hurt these feelings, really guys ... :(

thank U elsie for mentioning sally, i had no idea who she is ....she looks great ;-)

Great film that, but this is the one where she reminded me of sassy Frank era Amy a lot. Mike Leigh loves Sally... It's highly improbable he'd make an Amy film, but if he did that'd be a dream come true to be honest.

#15 Birdieava

Birdieava

Never miss a night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,453 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 01:51 PM

sooo frank! amazing! LOL

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users