Photo
- - - - -

it's inevitable ... an amy movie will be made *how about PAZ?

• Please log in to reply
144 replies to this topic

#136 Mrs. Jones

Mrs. Jones

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,322 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 06:11 PM

russel brand would be better than many!

#137 Keight

Keight

You Know I'm No Good

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 01:53 AM

hint-hint?
Posted Image

at his side and drunk on pride
we wait for the blow

#138 amylove

amylove

<3

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,480 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 02:16 AM

I think I just threw up in my mouth... is that Gaultier at it again or is that referring to something else? It looks like the whole magazine is about Gaga?

#139 Keight

Keight

You Know I'm No Good

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 03:35 AM

I think I just threw up in my mouth... is that Gaultier at it again or is that referring to something else? It looks like the whole magazine is about Gaga?

No doubt Gaultier, but it's interesting seeing Gaga like that, I mean.. facially, her and Amy are very similar - I think Gaga would pull off playing Amy in film, seems possible now that Gaga recently (27th, I think) revealed that she had finished filming for her debut film role in Machete Kills (appropriate maybe since the first instalment of Machete from 2010 seemed to be eagerly anticipated by Amy). I suppose when 'Machete Kills' is released, we can judge whether or not Gaga could take on Amy.

we wait for the blow

#140 amylove

amylove

<3

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,480 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 04:00 AM

I think Gaga's look here is way too polished/glitzy to really be a good portrayal of Amy (although I don't know what their intention was) and Amy's way prettier but again I'm real picky when people make comparisons, lol... the only thing they have in common is strong features. But that might be the only important aspect and make up can fix the rest although it's impossible to create Amy's sweet eyes (Gaga's irises kind of float at the top of her eyeballs which makes them cold to me). I wonder if Gaultier is the one pushing for Gaga's portrayal of Amy... if so, that's really irritating.

P.S. I actually like everything about Gaga except most of her music ;) She's way better than Katy Perry.

Edited by allisost, 02 August 2012 - 12:53 PM.

#141 Mr Hathaway

Mr Hathaway

Camden town ain't burnin' down

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 04:27 AM

hint-hint?
https://p.twimg.com/..._1iCEAAXvdb.jpg

EDIT: My friend informed me that it was fake, I don't really feel like looking into it right now though, I need to go to bed. I wouldn't doubt that he's wrong, though. Ohwell.

Edited by Mr Hathaway, 02 August 2012 - 05:20 AM.

Just a fellow fan of the supremely talented songstress, Amy Jade Winehouse.

#142 JackofHearts

JackofHearts

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 05:26 AM

I have a feeling this will somehow make a few of the people on this forum a little angry/irritated, and I don't understand why. I think it's a very sly, but beautiful tribute... I don't think there's any foreshadowing in it. I respect that both Gaga and JPG respect and look up to Amy in this way. I don't love her music, but I think she's very talented. Gaga looks very, very pretty like this. I wonder if people who aren't huge fans of Amy will get the reference?

As with you, I'm not a fan, but I don't think anyone can deny her talent. I like the picture. I think they did it right without trying to look too much like Amy. Her hair is beautiful and that crown headband thing really makes her different than Amy. It's more inspired by Amy than trying to be her which is what I think makes it the perfect homage.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#143 amylove

amylove

<3

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,480 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 12:47 PM

EDIT: My friend informed me that it was fake, I don't really feel like looking into it right now though, I need to go to bed. I wouldn't doubt that he's wrong, though. Ohwell.

Yes, it's fake. I looked up the little website on the corner and it's a Gaga fan site. So it's more interesting that they may be making the connection. And everyone has different opinions about it, and that's okay. It seems we (on the forum) keep jumping around from what's a good tribute to Amy (as this representation may be) and what's a good portrayal of Amy (which this is not, IMO). And at the end of the day, I don't really give a shit... I have what Amy means to me and that will always stay the same regardless of what people do with her image.

#144 Keight

Keight

You Know I'm No Good

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 01:40 PM

I can't summarise how much I adored her and how hard it was for me when she passed away, and I really cling to the idea that a movie will be made because it could help me personally to accept her death, because even after a year it seems so unreal that Amy Winehouse isn't alive anymore, It's like whenever I go on youtube, I always watch a clip of her from Brazil in 2011 because for a moment it feels like she's there and everything is fine and I think having an official film, well made would be good

I can't wait until the Zen of Bennett is released with the footage of Amy, and I think those clips of Amy will help me to deal with her passing better, because it feels like everything is ok, you know? but I just know i'm going to choke up if they filmed part of Amy and Tony's meeting where Amy says something like "She died so young, she was only 40" in response to Tony's story about Dinah Washington

It's the same with me making the 'True Third Album' thread, the idea that she may have possibly recorded new material makes me happy because if she never got round to recording anything, it makes me think about how unaccomplished she was in later life

we wait for the blow

#145 amylove

amylove

<3

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,480 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 02:05 PM

I can't summarise how much I adored her and how hard it was for me when she passed away, and I really cling to the idea that a movie will be made because it could help me personally to accept her death, because even after a year it seems so unreal that Amy Winehouse isn't alive anymore, It's like whenever I go on youtube, I always watch a clip of her from Brazil in 2011 because for a moment it feels like she's there and everything is fine and I think having an official film, well made would be good

I can't wait until the Zen of Bennett is released with the footage of Amy, and I think those clips of Amy will help me to deal with her passing better, because it feels like everything is ok, you know? but I just know i'm going to choke up if they filmed part of Amy and Tony's meeting where Amy says something like "She died so young, she was only 40" in response to Tony's story about Dinah Washington

It's the same with me making the 'True Third Album' thread, the idea that she may have possibly recorded new material makes me happy because if she never got round to recording anything, it makes me think about how unaccomplished she was in later life

I agree, although I can't imagine her passing *ever* feeling real. I think it's that way when anyone dies young. It goes against nature. I've accepted it in a way because we have to... there are a lot of people who have died lately that makes it hard for me to believe that they aren't here anymore, but life goes on, as painful as it can be. So, my point is I think you are dealing with her passing just fine. It's just that you're always going to have a hole and it's not for a lack of acceptance, it's because she is someone that affected your life in a way that means she's never really going to leave. I love the feeling I get when I watch her performances or interviews because for the 4 min that she's singing, she is alive. It's so amazing. That's something I won't be able to do when I'm gone and she can so she's very lucky that way and really, that's exactly what she wanted.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users