Photo
- - - - -

it's inevitable ... an amy movie will be made *how about PAZ?

• Please log in to reply
144 replies to this topic

#31 what'sinsideher

what'sinsideher

What's inside her never dies

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 477 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 05:57 PM

Yes, I've seen Gaga's monologue and that's what makes me think she couldn't pull it off. She's theatrical but to play Amy, you need subtlety. She wasn't always over-the-top, it was the little things that made her special. Of course it's possible that Gaga could surprise me but so far I've seen nothing that would indicate that she should play Amy (besides her huge fanbase). A real actress would be best, in my opinion.

Amysarmynow: The flashback idea sounds like it could be interesting. I can imagine people recalling different aspects of her life and personality, different things she did...all the little things that people never knew about her that would all come together to tell her story.

"Anyone who sings a tune so sweet is passin' by..."

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#32 Elsie

Elsie

eek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 06:09 PM

Um... does it get anymore exploitative and disrespectful than hiring a non-actress, self proclaimed Amy lookalike, hyped up popstar, allegedly disliked by Amy, to star in a film about her? That doesn't make much sense imo. How some people have already made out an entire "AJW" project from her death is frankly kinda bizarre... Her legend is preserved within her music afaic, no need to sell out the memory 'til there's nothing left to sell anymore. I mean there are some interesting ideas here but that one post was just weird.

He still stands in spite of what his Mars bar says.

#33 York

York

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 06:09 PM

Yeh I know what the final scene will be - Amy lying on the bed with a bottle of vodka with butterflies fluttering about and her flying off to heaven on the back of a bird or something!

Posted Image

I'm sorry, she has already played its end. I am very hurt to see this picture.

#34 Nigel Jam

Nigel Jam

You Know I'm No Good

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 06:29 PM

Except round time she died she was no longer wearing a bee hive!

#35 amysarmynow

amysarmynow

You Know I'm No Good

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 230 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 07:31 PM

Since "no movie" is not an option, it occurs to me that AJW fans now have a pretty good opportunity to provide input on exactly "what kind" of movie they would prefer.

That there will be one movie or more is a done deal; it's likely best for fans to begin thinking about whether or not they want to help provide respectful and constructive guidance to the prospective production teams.

Fans will not likely get everything they "want" from the projects, but if we fail to offer any solid input we are certain to be disappointed with the results.

It's fine and pure to contemplate that AJW's legend/legacy rests on the music and that no further proselytizing is necessary, but it is not realistic. Amy now belongs to the ages and her current fans have some obligation to help assure that many future generations will become interested in both her life and her art. Guiding and supporting respectful and popular movies is one way we can meet that obligation.

#36 Cecilia

Cecilia

What kind of fuckery is this?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,187 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 09 November 2011 - 07:52 PM

Since "no movie" is not an option
[...]
That there will be one movie or more is a done deal8-/

I'm sorry, but how do you know this? Have you got some inside information I'm not aware of? All I've heard are rumours in the press, nothing about any actual movie deals.

As for your suggestion that Lady Gaga would be a good choice to play Amy I'm afraid I have to disagee with you. I admit I don't know that much about her because I don't follow much pop music, but I did see her male "acting" at the MTV awards and to be honest I was less than impressed. I'm sure she's a great entertainer but I haven't seen any proof of her ability as a serious actor.
You seem to imply that having her in a film would attract a lot of viewers, but there are plenty of other ways to guarantee commercial success if that's what you're interested in (although I don't think Amy would have cared much for that).

Anyway I think it's way too early to be considering a movie about Amy right now. If and when the time is right, there may be new talented young actresses around.

smoke.jpg?t=1397395921

#37 Birdieava

Birdieava

Never miss a night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,453 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 01:12 PM

cecilia, amysarmy posted on page 2

"Last month, I had a chance to read several outlines and treatments of prospective movies. None of them were exploitive and none were long on symbolism or fantasy."

it's not that "he" is interested in the $ - it's just the nature of showbusiness, like it or not, amy was all that plus a bag of chips, there will never be another ...

i still hope for an unknown british actress -crossing my fingers. no reason for stephanie to steal amy's thunder.

here is a mini movie: 8-/

i can read a little portuguese, at the end it says this video is dedicated to anyone seeking to overcome their problems, which hopefully are only a few ... xo

Edited by Birdieava, 12 November 2011 - 01:19 PM.

"I must be a mermaid. I have no fear of depths and a great fear of shallow living."

- Anais Nin 

#38 Cecilia

Cecilia

What kind of fuckery is this?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,187 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 12 November 2011 - 01:45 PM

cecilia, amysarmy posted on page 2

"Last month, I had a chance to read several outlines and treatments of prospective movies. None of them were exploitive and none were long on symbolism or fantasy."

Yes, I did read that, but I was wondering where these outlines came from. I mean, are these actually proposals/scripts that are being considered by hollywood producers? Or are they proposals sent in by fans hopng they'll be made into a movie? A lot of film outlines and even full scripts get written without ever being made into a movie - so the fact that they exist doesn't mean a movie is a done deal.

it's not that "he" is interested in the $ - it's just the nature of showbusiness, like it or not, amy was all that plus a bag of chips, there will never be another ...

I'm sorry if it looked like I implied he's interested in money, I probably used the wrong word there. With commercial success I was just referring to what Amysarmynow said about it being important for the film to reach a wide audience. I do understand that the entertainment industry is a business with everything that comes with that.

smoke.jpg?t=1397395921

#39 tunisianswife

tunisianswife

Susan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 786 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 03:34 PM

I know I've said it before, but the key to a 'good' movie is probably with whom they get to direct it. If they get someone that is credible, that alone could get a wider viewing audience.

I still go back to Stone's movie on 'The Doors'. There was a short documentary on HBO when the movie came out, and it interviewed the people that were closest to Morrison that were interviewed by Stone. He didn't have to speculate or try to fictionalize some of those parts because he had their account of the events.

As long as they don't give one red cent or ask 'Berny's Snake' to contribute in any way.
:'-(She was the DiVinci of my music world!

#40 Nigel Jam

Nigel Jam

You Know I'm No Good

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 03:40 PM

I was watching Eastenders last few weeks and I thought the woman called Jessie Wallace, who plays Kat Slater looks a bit like Amy, I think she can sing as well. Whether she would do it or would want to do it is another thing she certainly has the character to play Amy. In fact Jessie was born in Enfield, North London which is very close to where Amy was born in Southgate - possible they were even born in the same hospital? Which is Enfield Chase hospital.

If someone wrote a Screen play it depends who that was - if it was a Hollywood type, or someone from Britain who would make it more realistic! Or perhaps someone would write a play about Amy for the West End. There are many ways it could be done. I just think Lady Gaga would be crap - but perhaps there is an up and coming actress who could do it?

Edited by Nigel Jam, 12 November 2011 - 03:51 PM.

#41 Birdieava

Birdieava

Never miss a night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,453 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 04:49 PM

Yes, I did read that, but I was wondering where these outlines came from. I mean, are these actually proposals/scripts that are being considered by hollywood producers? Or are they proposals sent in by fans hopng they'll be made into a movie? A lot of film outlines and even full scripts get written without ever being made into a movie - so the fact that they exist doesn't mean a movie is a done deal.

i wonder the same thing but its ok, the universe is going to put this in the right hands ...

I'm sorry if it looked like I implied he's interested in money, I probably used the wrong word there. With commercial success I was just referring to what Amysarmynow said about it being important for the film to reach a wide audience. I do understand that the entertainment industry is a business with everything that comes with that.

it's ok! absolutely agree with you ...a famous actress or a very popular singer would just throw the whole thing off! what is important i think is for amys beautiful calm irresistible essence to come across ... it just seems so impossible right now ... i know :((

"I must be a mermaid. I have no fear of depths and a great fear of shallow living."

- Anais Nin 

#42 amysarmynow

amysarmynow

You Know I'm No Good

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 230 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 05:45 PM

And the pre-production hype begins.

http://www.contactmu...he-film_1263574

I expect that leaks from the camp of the Mother Monster will begin quite soon.

Rumors persist that there is a BBC/PBS partnership being discussed regarding a different production. This would be the highest quality project and would feature an all British cast of serious actors.

Soon, it will be time for fans to begin explaining to the prospective production teams exactly what is and is NOT acceptable in their treatment of the subject matter. I have NO doubt that those teams will be both sympathetic and responsive to what we all have to say.

#43 what'sinsideher

what'sinsideher

What's inside her never dies

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 477 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 06:15 PM

Based on Daphne Barak's book? Oh, well, forget about that then. I don't think I want any part of that.

"Anyone who sings a tune so sweet is passin' by..."

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#44 Nigel Jam

Nigel Jam

You Know I'm No Good

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 04:16 PM

After reading this thread I was getting impressions of Amy with Tarot Cards and I thought it would be good to have her dealing Tarot Cards in a film as she was interested in them and apparently carried them with her - but I havn't seen any photos of her with tarot cards - anyone seen one?

#45 Birdieava

Birdieava

Never miss a night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,453 posts

Posted 20 November 2011 - 11:01 AM

I was watching Eastenders last few weeks and I thought the woman called Jessie Wallace, who plays Kat Slater looks a bit like Amy, I think she can sing as well. Whether she would do it or would want to do it is another thing she certainly has the character to play Amy. In fact Jessie was born in Enfield, North London which is very close to where Amy was born in Southgate - possible they were even born in the same hospital? Which is Enfield Chase hospital.

If someone wrote a Screen play it depends who that was - if it was a Hollywood type, or someone from Britain who would make it more realistic! Or perhaps someone would write a play about Amy for the West End. There are many ways it could be done. I just think Lady Gaga would be crap - but perhaps there is an up and coming actress who could do it?

she IS intense! :amyshock:

- Anais Nin 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users