#1 AJW4eva

AJW4eva

In the morning you're vexed

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 02:35 PM

You'll need a spare £20,000 :amyshock:

A dress worn by Amy Winehouse on the cover of her album Back To Black will be auctioned to raise money for the charity created in her memory.

The printed chiffon dress is expected to fetch up to £20,000 for the Amy Winehouse Foundation, a charitable trust set up by the late singer's family.

Winehouse died in July and an inquest heard she was five times the legal drink-drive limit.

After her death, Thailand-based designer Disaya decided to auction the dress, which was returned after the album cover shoot in 2006.

It will go under the hammer at La Galleria, London, on November 29 and all the proceeds will go to the foundation, which supports charitable activities for vulnerable young people.

Fashion auctioneer Kerry Taylor said: "In my opinion, what makes this particular dress so special is that it is an emblematic reminder of the magic voice and sublime talent of Amy Winehouse - a sound that resonates with an entire generation, and always will."

The multi-platinum-selling album Back To Black has sold at least 3.2 million copies to date and features chart hits Rehab and You Know I'm No Good.

http://uk.news.yahoo...-123938175.html

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#2 Birdieava

Birdieava

Never miss a night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,453 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 08:26 AM

Amy Winehouse's Back to Black dress to be auctioned alongside Audrey Hepburn and Elizabeth Taylor's gowns

By Daily Mail Reporter

Last updated at 7:35 AM on 9th November 2011

• The iconic dress Amy Winehouse wore on the cover of her 'Back To Black' album is going under the hammer for charity.

The chiffon print frock, created by Thai-based designer Disaya, could fetch up to £20,000 when it is auctioned off later this month.

Profits from the sale will go to the Amy Winehouse Foundation - the charity set up by the late singer's parents in a bid to help young, vulnerable people.

Posted Image Memorable: The pretty dress worn by Amy Winehouse on the cover of her album Back to Black is to go under the hammer this month

The dress is being sold in London at Kerry Taylor Auctions' 'Passion for Fashion' auction on November 29th.

More...

Disaya lent the dress to the then relatively unknown Winehouse in 2006, when the singer's stylist Louise Winwood was searching for clothes for the 'Back To Black' cover.

After the photoshoot, the frock was returned to the designer and stored away in her archive. 'Back To Black', meanwhile, went on to sell more than 3.2 million copies.

Posted Image High bids: The chiffon frock is expected to fetch up to £20,000 at the auction on November 29

Following Winehouse's death on July 23, 2011, Disaya decided the iconic outfit should be displayed and sold to raise money for the Amy Winehouse Foundation.

The launch of the charity, which aims to help the young and vulnerable, was announced on what would have been the singer's 28th birthday.

Kerry Taylor Auctions have estimated that the dress will fetch between £10,000 and £20,000 when it goes under the hammer in London.

'Over the years I have sold many highly valuable couture pieces related to celebrities and style icons, including the Duchess of Windsor, Audrey Hepburn and Princess Diana,' auctioneer Kerry Taylor said.

Posted Image Charitable: Thai-based designer Disaya, who lent the singer the frock in 2006, offered it to be sold to raise money after the singer's death in July

'In my opinion, what makes this particular dress so special, is that it is an emblematic reminder of the magic voice and sublime talent of Amy Winehouse - a sound that resonates with an entire generation and always will.

'I am pleased to help raise funds for her charity and encourage fans, the music industry and museums the world over to bid with us on November 29th.'

Also going under the hammer at the 'Passion For Fashion' auction are the dress worn by Audrey Hepburn to collect her Oscar for 'Roman Holiday' in 1954 and two gowns worn by Elizabeth Taylor.

Read more: http://www.dailymail...l#ixzz1dC8ErSTg

"I must be a mermaid. I have no fear of depths and a great fear of shallow living."

- Anais Nin 

#3 Johanna

Johanna

What Kind Of Fuckery Is This?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 374 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 11:11 AM

I gonna sell my house and buy the dress on the auction ! B-)

#4 Cecilia

Cecilia

What kind of fuckery is this?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,187 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 09 November 2011 - 11:17 AM

Here's the auctioneer's website: http://www.kerrytaylorauctions.com/

If you look under current sale, Amy's dress is on page 4, number 178. Lowest estimate is £10000, highest £20000

PS if like me you have an interest in fashion history / historical fashion it's worth having a look at the other items too

smoke.jpg?t=1397395921

#5 Lorie

Lorie

Noob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 12:21 PM

I gonna sell my house and buy the dress on the auction ! B-)

LOL

I would do the same :)))LOL

#6 Dani14

Dani14

You're the sweetest thing I've ever known

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 487 posts
  • LocationGreece/Piraeus

Posted 09 November 2011 - 12:44 PM

Ah... If only i was a rich man>:-(

60do5Ti.jpg

#7 ladyamy

ladyamy

No Greater Love Than What I Feel For You

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,191 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 12:51 PM

I asked my mom to give me £20000, but she said she didn't have cash at the moment lol. It's not my favorite Amy's dress, but I'd buy it inmediately if I had the money.
Cecilia, you're right there are lots of wonderful things there: I've seen an Elizabeth Taylor dress and an Hermes bag that suit me perfectly. All I need is a few thousand pounds.
I’m a firm believer that we all meet up in eternity

#8 tselekoglu

tselekoglu

Amy, Amy, Amy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 727 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 01:49 PM

I think it's nonsense. My opinion is; Amy's house in Camden should be a museum and Amy's songs lyrics(unknown), clothes, dresses, shoes etc. should be exhibited. If AWF can do that, it would be great!

Edited by tselekoglu, 09 November 2011 - 02:03 PM.

Posted Image
16 letters, 3 words, 5 syllables, 1 woman, a big talent;

Amy Jade Winehouse :missyou:

My Amy Fan Page >> http://www.facebook.com/BritLioness

My Tumblr >> http://winehouseanddelrey.tumblr.com/

#9 Johanna

Johanna

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 374 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 02:55 PM

Under the dress Amy was wearing a RED bra with BLEU straps whose straps has little white polkadots . You can see it inside the liricbook of Back to black on the MOST SWEET picture EVER MADE of Amy ! :D For making money to the A.W.F. : Can Disaya make those dresses in serial for the Amy-fans ? European sizes 36-38-40-42 B-) Add 10% of the prize for the A.W.F. and you can generate a lot of money . WHY must I always having the good ideas ? LOL

#10 ladyamy

ladyamy

No Greater Love Than What I Feel For You

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,191 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 03:01 PM

I think it's nonsense. My opinion is; Amy's house in Camden should be a museum and Amy's songs lyrics(unknown), clothes, dresses, shoes etc. should be exhibited. If AWF can do that, it would be great!

I absolutely agree!
I’m a firm believer that we all meet up in eternity

#11 Johanna

Johanna

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 374 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 03:16 PM

Under the dress Amy was wearing a RED bra with BLEU straps whose straps has little white polkadots . You can see it inside the liricbook of Back to black on the MOST SWEET picture EVER MADE of Amy ! :D For making money to the A.W.F. : Can Disaya make those dresses in serial for the Amy-fans ? European sizes 36-38-40-42 B-) Add 10% of the prize for the A.W.F. and you can generate a lot of money . WHY must I always having the good ideas ? LOL

Gonna make the contact to Disaya myself , we will see for the answer . :)

#12 LucyGoose

LucyGoose

Think love and wear a smile...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 03:31 PM

Wow - I always loved this dress. Now I know the designer, and maybe get something similar.

#13 LucyGoose

LucyGoose

Think love and wear a smile...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 03:41 PM

There are some other amazing outfits for sale on the auction site - loving the McQueen and Westwood ones.

#14 Tiny Penny

Tiny Penny

Play all my records, keep dancing all night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,611 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 03:50 PM

Would love to go to the Amy Winehouse Museum. Imagine it... her music blaring out. Jars of sweeties and slush puppies for sale. Loads of bras, shoes, bags, leopard print. Guitars and jukeboxes. Gorge pics of her everywhere and all those other little things that we will all remember her by... Let's do it!
I love you in a place where there's no space or time...Forever you will be a true friend of mine:)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#15 Juan19

Juan19

RIP AmyWinehouse. We miss you

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 591 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 04:32 PM

If we were only rich people! This would be something nice to have if your an Amy Fan especially for the girls!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users