21 replies to this topic

#1 Uno

Uno

It's bricked up in my head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,920 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 07:20 AM

Amy Winehouse had written all the songs that were to appear on her third album. She even picked out song titles. But music producer Salaam Remi said the soul singer, who died over the summer, was not rushing to release that new material, instead planning to drop a jazz album first with a "supergroup" including Questlove of the Roots.
"She had written down everything she wanted to do," Remi said Tuesday.
Only two of the tracks Winehouse wrote were recorded and appear on her compilation album, "Lioness: Hidden Treasures," out Dec. 5 in the United Kingdom, and a day later in America.
Winehouse died from accidental alcohol poisoning at age 27. Her body was found at her London home July 23.
Remi, who worked on the singer's two albums, "Frank" and "Back to Black," produced most of the upcoming CD, saying Winehouse was a perfectionist when it came to composing music.
"She was taking her time with it, and at the end of the day all of her songs are somewhat autobiographical, so she had to live through something, then get out of it and then look back at it to be able to write about it," he said.
"Who knows what will happen in the future with that," he said of the songs she penned.
Remi held a press listening for "Lioness" on Tuesday. The 12-track set features covers and stripped-sounding versions of released Winehouse songs, with some completed in one take.
Before her third album would come out, Remi said, Winehouse wanted to record with Roots drummer Questlove and saxophone player Soweta Kinch.
"There were a bunch of other names bouncing around," Remi said.
Questlove did make the new album, though. He appears on the track "Half Time." There's also a song by an 18-year-old Winehouse, another about her ex-husband's infidelity and "Best Friend," which opens with the line: "I can't wait to get away from you."
Remi has produced for the Fuguees, Nas, Jazmine Sullivan and Nelly Furtado. He produced the song "Block Party" from TLC member Lisa "Left Eye" Lopes, and Winehouse sought him out after hearing the track. Remi says that Winehouse usually wrote songs while playing the guitar and that the new album sounds just as good as her critically acclaimed predecessors.
He also said he wanted to release new material from the late singer before others did so.
"Before somebody comes up with some weird song .... this is what it really is," he said. "This is the quality."

http://www.huffingto..._n_1098794.html
Amy, if you are up there listening, thank you for sharing the incredible soundtracks of your life ...

#2 D-Bomb

D-Bomb

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 08:16 AM

*sigh* Even if they're in acoustic form, I want it.

#3 tselekoglu

tselekoglu

Amy, Amy, Amy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 727 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 05:17 PM

I couldnt understand all of the article, my english is still poor. And there's no turkish version of this article yet. So, can anyone explain this article simply?
Posted Image
16 letters, 3 words, 5 syllables, 1 woman, a big talent;

Amy Jade Winehouse :missyou:

My Amy Fan Page >> http://www.facebook.com/BritLioness

My Tumblr >> http://winehouseanddelrey.tumblr.com/

#4 D-Bomb

D-Bomb

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 05:53 PM

Just says Amy wrote the third album but it wasn't recorded. She was in no rush to finish it because she wanted to do a jazz album with ?uestLove first.

#5 JamaicaAndSpain

JamaicaAndSpain

There's this ache in my chest

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,117 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 06:04 PM

He also said he wanted to release new material from the late singer before others did so.
"Before somebody comes up with some weird song .... this is what it really is," he said. "This is the quality."

Does this mean that there are more songs???
>:-( "These tears won't dry without you, Amy." >:-(

#6 AMYstery

AMYstery

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 07:13 PM

^^^

he might be referring to the things she did when she was goofing around in her own studio or with her friends (like with Remi Nicole in Saint-Lucia on the hotel piano...) and the Skype conversations. I don't think that Salaam would mind if another producer had some great Amy-material that it would surface.

"Writing writing writing"

She probably has a treasure trove of songs that were never recorded.:(

#7 Juan19

Juan19

RIP AmyWinehouse. We miss you

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 591 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 07:26 PM

Its bitter sweet that they might release it after amy passed away! I think they shoild release them though. Something for us fans

#8 MDPA

MDPA

"We all become what we once hated"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 395 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 12:35 AM

He's another article. I just dont know what to believe in reguards to music she wrote and or recorded :(

Amy Winehouse fans won't hear new songs

Amy Winehouse's fans will never hear a dozen unreleased songs the singer recorded before her death.

Amy's label Island Records UK have announced that they will definitely not disseminate twelve previously unheard tracks to the public.

Label head Ted Cockle and fellow Island executive Darcus Beese are fans of these tunes.

"Everyone who hears [Amy's unreleased song] Procrastinate loves it,' Ted told Music Week.
"If you ever hear Procrastinate, you have my permission to come into my offices here in Kensington and fire me,' Darcus added.

The pair contend that although they love the tracks, it would be difficult to get approval from Amy's family and overseers of her estate to publish the music. Darcus believes that Amy would have wanted her fans to hear these songs.

"'I f**king wrote the songs. People should f**king hear them'. That's what she'd tell you if she was sat here now,' Darcus quipped.

Amy's posthumous album Lioness: Hidden Treasures, which is scheduled for release this December, was a challenge to compile and publish. The executives claim they simply did not get any support from her loved ones.
"We've had to qualify this album in front of Amy's family. Her mum, her dad, her brother - that's her very vocal, protective brother - plus fiances, step fathers and more,' Darcus explained.
Amy passed in her London flat at the age of 27 in July of this year.
© Cover Media

#9 prettymaryk

prettymaryk

distractionless

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 02:04 AM

"If you ever hear Procrastinate, you have my permission to come into my offices here in Kensington and fire me,' Darcus added.

I've heard it - you're fired.

This

they will definitely not disseminate twelve previously unheard tracks to the public.

and this

[...] it would be difficult to get approval from Amy's family and overseers of her estate to publish the music.

don't really mix. Why won't they release them? Amy's family would want them to be released, so that's not an excuse. There's obviously something else going on, and I really want to know what it is. It's really making me angry. I hope that, at least, in a few months/years all of it will be posted online by some good people... but it should still be released.

#10 Birdieava

Birdieava

Never miss a night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,453 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 03:35 AM

He's another article. I just dont know what to believe in reguards to music she wrote and or recorded :(

Amy Winehouse fans won't hear new songs

Amy Winehouse's fans will never hear a dozen unreleased songs the singer recorded before her death.

Amy's label Island Records UK have announced that they will definitely not disseminate twelve previously unheard tracks to the public.

Label head Ted Cockle and fellow Island executive Darcus Beese are fans of these tunes.

"Everyone who hears [Amy's unreleased song] Procrastinate loves it,' Ted told Music Week.

The pair contend that although they love the tracks, it would be difficult to get approval from Amy's family and overseers of her estate to publish the music. Darcus believes that Amy would have wanted her fans to hear these songs.

"'I f**king wrote the songs. People should f**king hear them'. That's what she'd tell you if she was sat here now,' Darcus quipped.

Amy's posthumous album Lioness: Hidden Treasures, which is scheduled for release this December, was a challenge to compile and publish. The executives claim they simply did not get any support from her loved ones.
"We've had to qualify this album in front of Amy's family. Her mum, her dad, her brother - that's her very vocal, protective brother - plus fiances, step fathers and more,' Darcus explained.
Amy passed in her London flat at the age of 27 in July of this year.
© Cover Media

this is close to her (her dad, etc):
missing guitar

missing "third album" scribbles ....

http://www.news.com....9-1226113570976

fabrications, maybe.
she recorded a lot of stuff - everyone says so.
it's just unfinished or whatever. amy wasn't ready or the label was waiting for her to get clean. can anyone tell the truth? who are they trying to fool???? just release the music sometime somebody please :'-(

"I must be a mermaid. I have no fear of depths and a great fear of shallow living."

- Anais Nin 

#11 Birdieava

Birdieava

Never miss a night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,453 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 03:38 AM

really? 8-/

i think mitch said he loved it? :amyshock: this is drama..... :-S

based on the facts out there (written pulp)...me thinks the reason that they can't release anything is that amy wrote songs about the end of her marriage. can u imagine? breaking up with blake again? argh. she didn't even want to sing b2b anymore, she said it was depressing to sing those songs. jukebox. anywhow, then, life turned around and she wanted to do other stuff first, like the super group, etc etc. reggae, which her label didnt want (they wanted more jukebox/ronson and i guess they got it). now that she isn't here anymore to stand up for herself, there is no way mitch would approve the release of any more songs that amy wrote about her blake, i think. thoughts? sounds too selfish to be mitch .....

Edited by Birdieava, 18 November 2011 - 03:45 AM.

"I must be a mermaid. I have no fear of depths and a great fear of shallow living."

- Anais Nin 

#12 Birdieava

Birdieava

Never miss a night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,453 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 03:49 AM

Before her third album would come out, Remi said, Winehouse wanted to record with Roots drummer Questlove and saxophone player Soweta Kinch.

gawd amy and soweta would have been awusum

"like smoke"

Tall freak, she wouldn’t protest with me at Wall Street
She says, no you’re so deep
I said, no let’s go through it
Historically so ruthless feds came for Joe Louis
She said, my man you need to laugh sometimes
Classify me as a whore, I tell her have some wine
You colder than penguin poo, in her dismay

Read more: http://www.killerhip.../#ixzz1e1f5ZlK9

LOL!!!

Edited by Birdieava, 18 November 2011 - 03:56 AM.

- Anais Nin 

#13 juniour

juniour

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 03:53 AM

Calm down guys, this is just a marketing strategy, don't get confused by the media, we all know there's plenty of new materials waiting to be put out......it doesn't matter what they say about Amy's family, lets leave that to them.....we have waited for so long and and we're still waiting, just as long as we do what we have to do on our side, we will see the day...........OUR DAY WILL COME :)
~~~I Go Back to Black~~~
http://www.facebook.com/JuniourGoh

#14 ohmr

ohmr

No sweeter song, no heart so true

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 578 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 04:14 AM

It could be a family issue. Who knows? I found it questionable when Mitch said someone broke into her house and stole most of her recordings after her death. I don't know at what point that could've happened as it had to have been a crime scene for a while and then there was a rush to clean the place out less than a week after her passing. I mean, bags and bags of Amy's belongings. I don't think it was ever said to have been placed in storage or anything. IDK.

It's just irritating but what can you do, right?

And this whole thing with the 12 songs... we've probably heard them before. They seem to not know about a lot of her leaked music. Or, it could be new stuff. Overall, I don't understand the big deal behind it. I know I'm over this "new release/lost material" concept and hope we eventually hear her music.

And what is going on with the foundation?! Mitch was really headstrong about it and then it kinda tapered down a bit.

Amy, are you happy?
She squints suspiciously at me.
"About what?"
About life.
"I'm happy about this salad."

#15 Amy Jenna Harper

Amy Jenna Harper

Amy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,751 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 11:04 AM