17 replies to this topic

#1 SteveV

SteveV

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 282 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 10:06 AM

This live recording is not the best quality and it's incomplete, but it's only one of two recordings of this Donny Hathaway song by Amy I was able to find. The other contains this part, but the rest of the recording quality is bad. Amy was a great blues singer, and this song is a great blues piece. I wish there was more. If anyone finds another decent quality Amy recording of this, please please post it. Thanks

"It's not me personally, is it?......I'm just a musician."

http://www.starpulse... - SXSW - video[

#2 gpozzo

gpozzo

I swear I'm gonna love you until eternity...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 647 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 01:01 PM

I love her version of "I Love You More Than You'll Ever Know", and I'm trying for a long time to find a professional footage from her gig at Union Chapel 2006, where she also sang this song.

A French TV Station broadcast a live performance of this song as a tribute a few months ago, but I can't find it anywhere. I don't even know which concert this video was taken from, but the website says it was recorded on March 1st, 2007. :(

If anyone here happen to know anything else, please let us know.

"Cuz I miss your ginger hair and the way you liked to dress."

My YouTube Channel

#3 Dialect

Dialect

she's reborn like sarah vaughan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 11:58 PM

I also love her version of this Donny Hathaway classic. I wonder if she ever recorded it in the studio?

A French TV Station broadcast a live performance of this song as a tribute a few months ago, but I can't find it anywhere. I don't even know which concert this video was taken from, but the website says it was recorded on March 1st, 2007. :(

Oh did they really?! I never knew she done this song elsewhere. I'll try my best to find it :)

#4 Uno

Uno

It's bricked up in my head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,920 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 09:12 AM

I have been looking for this too. As gpozzo said, this was recorded by the Canal+ French TV. They did the 'Live De la Semaine' show which is floating around on the web and there have been links to here on the forum, but this song ended up in another special that they did called 'Album De la Semaine'.

There is an article in French here that has some info about it...
http://tvnews.over-b...e-82257081.html
Amy, if you are up there listening, thank you for sharing the incredible soundtracks of your life ...

#5 crol

crol

i'm not ashamed, but the guilt will kill you

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 10:10 AM

WE NEED TO GET THIS!
(I think caps are deserved here)
That article said the song wasn't broadcast until September 2011 in France. Any French members who may be able to find it? Anyone who fancies lobbying Canal+ to post it on the net?

Edit:I had a look on the album de la semaine website, they have a video of Back to Black on there but that's all...

Edited by crol, 30 November 2011 - 10:19 AM.

#6 Dialect

Dialect

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 09:03 PM

WE NEED TO GET THIS!
(I think caps are deserved here)
That article said the song wasn't broadcast until September 2011 in France. Any French members who may be able to find it? Anyone who fancies lobbying Canal+ to post it on the net?

Edit:I had a look on the album de la semaine website, they have a video of Back to Black on there but that's all...

Is there an email to contact them? Maybe we could request for them to put it up.

#7 Nasha

Nasha

Amy Amy Amy...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 479 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 09:46 PM

I've been looking all over Canal +'s website, there's no way to contact them if you're not a client (Canal + is a paying cable channel). But someone in my family is a Canal + subscriber (unfortunately, I didn't know that when they broadcast the two tributes to Amy in September, I could have asked him to record it for me...). I'll talk to him about that and see what I/we can do about this (in a couple of weeks, he's away on holidays in Vietnam right now). I'll keep you informed...

I love "I Love You More Than You'll Ever Know", and Amy's versions of it sound great, but I too would love to hear a decent quality/professional recording of it ...

Edited by Nasha, 01 December 2011 - 09:52 PM.

"I should just be my own best friend"

Amy Winehouse (1983-2011)

#8 Dialect

Dialect

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 09:51 PM

Ahh I see. I've been trying to have a search too but to no avail. I'm hoping something may pop up on the internet soon.

And oh okay, that would be great :)

#9 ladyamy

ladyamy

No Greater Love Than What I Feel For You

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,191 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 02:04 PM

I'm afraid she only sang this song live, not in the studio. Anyway, I think producers can find a way to make it sound great and put it in the next album. It's one of the best songs ever and listening it in her voice is priceless.
I’m a firm believer that we all meet up in eternity

#10 gpozzo

gpozzo

I swear I'm gonna love you until eternity...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 647 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 07:23 PM

I've been looking all over Canal +'s website, there's no way to contact them if you're not a client (Canal + is a paying cable channel). But someone in my family is a Canal + subscriber (unfortunately, I didn't know that when they broadcast the two tributes to Amy in September, I could have asked him to record it for me...). I'll talk to him about that and see what I/we can do about this (in a couple of weeks, he's away on holidays in Vietnam right now). I'll keep you informed...

I love "I Love You More Than You'll Ever Know", and Amy's versions of it sound great, but I too would love to hear a decent quality/professional recording of it ...

Hey, I did inbox you. :) Please read it, if possible. Thanks.

"Cuz I miss your ginger hair and the way you liked to dress."

My YouTube Channel

#11 Nasha

Nasha

Amy Amy Amy...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 479 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 05:25 PM

Hey, I did inbox you. :) Please read it, if possible. Thanks.

I just read the message, and I inboxed you ...
"I should just be my own best friend"

Amy Winehouse (1983-2011)

#12 SteveV

SteveV

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 282 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 11:38 PM

I don't think a good recording of this song by Amy exists, but I'll keep looking. Meanwhile here is Donny Hathaway's version:

"It's not me personally, is it?......I'm just a musician."

http://www.starpulse... - SXSW - video[

#13 StephanieL13

StephanieL13

I told you, I was trouble....

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 07:42 PM

WOW! Finally a place with other hardcore fans... Feels like I'm home.

I also have recently fell in love with her version of "More than you'll ever know" and can't seem to find a version of it that is up to snuff. WHY did she not record this???? Would have made lioness much better. I don't really think "Song for you" was mixed well. You can barely hear her...

#14 Alexdurrant7

Alexdurrant7

Noob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 03:25 PM

Hey guys, not sure if this is much use, but on the Canal+ website I found this number (020-24 00 24) and this email address (info@canalplus.se)... someone said earlier that they couldn't find a way to contact them, hope this is of use to someone!

#15 Amber

Amber

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 25 December 2011 - 03:07 PM

I hope a better version turns up, its a really beautiful song.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users