Photo
- - - - -

Do you think Amy would have made another great album?

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Elsie

Elsie

eek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 06:56 PM

I have been thinking about this since that Body&Soul interview, and now after some of these new-ish songs have leaked. I don't want this to be a negative thread, I'd just like to hear your opinions.

Ofcourse, I would have supported everything she made, but I can't say the past few years have been very promising. The gigs in Brazil were brilliant voice-wise, but Amy just didn't seem very... Amy. She's been through a lot and I can't blame her for maybe being tired with the whole business and perhaps wanting to settle down. Would she have even wanted to write lyrics about Blake again and relive all the awful things she went through?

Had she beaten all of her addictions, do you think it would have been smart for her to set off into showbiz again?

I hate these "what could have been" stories, but I'm interested in your opinions on this. Don't know if I'm being too negative about the whole thing. thx :bye:

He still stands in spite of what his Mars bar says.

#2 Amysanchorcat

Amysanchorcat

Hey, little rich girl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,125 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 07:03 PM

She was young wid a brilliant musical mind n love of music, i think she'd got back to her pinicle for sure, maybe a break afta gettin clean n healthier, findin Love, happiness wid Reg, maybe enjoyin dat for a while n doin a tongue in cheek album, like she alway said she wanted to do, originally, she neva wanted to write about love!.

So, maybe an albumo trax like Fuck me pumps, her 'take' on things would been a good idea, fuck ppl expectin B2B 2, not guna happen, Frank was brilliant, B2B was brilliant, but dif sounds n feels, so yea, she could have done it for sure. x
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] The Only Time I Hold Ur Hand Is To Get The Angle Right

#3 what'sinsideher

what'sinsideher

What's inside her never dies

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 477 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 07:03 PM

I guess we can't know for sure but I think maybe she would have...eventually. If she had lived maybe she would have taken a few more years off, out of the spotlight, and came back to it when she was ready. I think she would have always had music in her. She would have always found something to write about, no matter what her life was like.

If she could have gotten sober and stable, I think she would have been fine in the music business. She was a strong girl but the addictions made her weaker and easily manipulated. I hate the whole "what might have been" thing as well but it's hard not to think about it.

"Anyone who sings a tune so sweet is passin' by..."

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#4 gpozzo

gpozzo

I swear I'm gonna love you until eternity...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 647 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 07:14 PM

I see your point. I've already thought a lot about that...and I think Amy changed a lot, but she never lost her abilities. I mean, it's clear that her voice wasn't the same, but I don't see it as a negative thing you know? I like her voice sounding more jazzy as it was sounding more recently.

She definetely wasn't the same Amy from 2006/2007, but I don't think it made her less talented or something like that. I'm sure her third album was finished (or almost), and we'll get the chance to listen to this stuff soon, so we can have a better view about all that.

What I really think is that she didn't enjoy performing live anymore, at least not at big venues. It'd be a problem to promote the album...but about writing and singing, I guess she was still the greatest singer and lyricist of the century and certainly would release an album as amazing as Frank and B2B.

"Cuz I miss your ginger hair and the way you liked to dress."

My YouTube Channel

#5 Amysanchorcat

Amysanchorcat

Hey, little rich girl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,125 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 07:20 PM

Who would enjoy singin same ole songs ova n ova n ova again, esp when they were so personal to her n sad, maybe tis why she did covers n stuff at shows early dis year, n she did prefer smaller venues, she didn't tire of performin, she tired of perfomin same ole songs.

You don't lose dat talent, tis Godgiven, natural, born wid, she may have lost some her mojo n need a muse, but could easily done a tongue in cheek album, if not a classic full o love songs. x

Edited by Amysanchorcat, 28 November 2011 - 07:21 PM.
TYPO...SURPRISE, HUH

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] The Only Time I Hold Ur Hand Is To Get The Angle Right

#6 ancre

ancre

Just friends

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,253 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 07:31 PM

She could have done it for sure! She was very young- she could have made many great albums (in her thirties, forties, fifties...ninties etc.), probably (or rather surely) different from the previous ones. She needed more time to let the music grow in her mind and soul, she was tired at the moment but this kind of genius as hers doesn't shrink or disappear with age - it grows stronger and evolves as you age!

Edited by ancre, 29 November 2011 - 10:08 AM.

#7 carla spain

carla spain

I love you more than you'll ever know

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 07:47 PM

I have been thinking about this since that Body&Soul interview, and now after some of these new-ish songs have leaked. I don't want this to be a negative thread, I'd just like to hear your opinions.

Ofcourse, I would have supported everything she made, but I can't say the past few years have been very promising. The gigs in Brazil were brilliant voice-wise, but Amy just didn't seem very... Amy. She's been through a lot and I can't blame her for maybe being tired with the whole business and perhaps wanting to settle down. Would she have even wanted to write lyrics about Blake again and relive all the awful things she went through?

Had she beaten all of her addictions, do you think it would have been smart for her to set off into showbiz again?

I hate these "what could have been" stories, but I'm interested in your opinions on this. Don't know if I'm being too negative about the whole thing. thx :bye:

I think Amy was tired of singing the same songs. she needed to get a new album.Amy felt the songs. It was not to be nice for her to recall her relationship with Blake. I put myself in her place and I would be sick! Amy had a great future ahead. she just needed to sing something new and she needed a rest.

#8 ChipsAndPitta

ChipsAndPitta

I Told Ya I Was Trouble

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 526 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 07:49 PM

Yes i think so. She had great musicality and it seemed had to live through experiences to make music. Plus she wasn't of these artists who have to have an album out every 12 months to make their total sales figures look better, she was a real artist who made real music.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I'm on Twitts >>> https://twitter.com/Baris1989 <<<

#9 Elsie

Elsie

eek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 08:13 PM

Undoubtedly she still had the voice, there was never any question about that (except Belgrade perhaps, but that's a different story). But makes me wonder what she'd write about and whether her lyrics would have been a bit 'mellower' if you know what I mean, because it seems like she was in that place in her final days. Her and Reg being serious apparently, her being off drugs, maybe in the future off alcohol too... The performances being different than before, if it was a matter of songs or venues, idk, but I think her new work would have been a bit toned down if that makes any sense. Not bad, but just different than before.

He still stands in spite of what his Mars bar says.

#10 carla spain

carla spain

I love you more than you'll ever know

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 08:26 PM

Amy needs to have negative experiences to compose. I think her album would have been sad. I don't think she loved Reg. she still wanted to blake. She might have written about impossible love, divorce, loneliness ... I don't know. we will never know what would have happened.

#11 ladyamy

ladyamy

No Greater Love Than What I Feel For You

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,191 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 09:36 PM

I absolutely think so. She went through a lot in the past three years and I'm sure that inspired her to write amazing songs I hope to hear one day. Maybe her voice wasn't the same as in Back To Black the last years, but it was awesome as well, because it matured a bit and became even more expresive (the performance of On The Outside Looking In is just breathtaking).
Amy's greatest ability was to make you feel as she felt while she was singing the song and she never lost that, so I guess we'll still be crying our hearts out of or feeling incredibly well listening to the new songs.
I can't wait to listen to Between The Cheats, because for me that's the truth of what happened to her in the last years. I'm 100% sure it will be a song at the same level of Love Is A Losing Game or Back To Black.
But going back on topic again, I don't mind if she wouldn't have done another great album or not. Back To Black is a total masterpiece, very few artists (not to say none of them) have made something so perfect, so deep, so influential and yet so easy for everyone (no matter age, nationality or musical taste) to relate to. That album is legendary. In 50 or 60 years the new generations will listen to it and feel that Amy is talking about them and their feelings. They will be amazed, as much as we were when we first listened to it (or anytime we do). And that's the only thing that matters. We can't ask for anything more.
I’m a firm believer that we all meet up in eternity

#12 MDPA

MDPA

"We all become what we once hated"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 395 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 09:42 PM

I bet her next album would have been beautiful. Absolutly beautiful. Would it be another Back To Black? Hell no. Imagine all the material she would have had. Post divorce, Reg, overcoming drug addiction. She was a beautiful writer. It would probably have been, im not sure why, but even more intimate, eloquent, and smooth. I would love to hear an Amy album that was more chill and relaxed. The girl lived through a lot. Plus that whole "supergroup" thing would have created an incredible record. Though, i hate "shoulda woulda coulda"s. All they do is fill one with regret. Id rather look forward to what she actually did make.

#13 Amy Jenna Harper

Amy Jenna Harper

Amy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,751 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 10:21 PM

I think so..she could have another CD..I agree with you people ^^

One name,one word : Amy <3
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#14 Birdieava

Birdieava

Never miss a night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,453 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 09:52 AM

I will forever wait for the release of her recordings in Jamaica and the songs Universal said (and later retracted, a-holes!) as too reggae-ish from my beatiful 'jewmaican' queen ...ONE LOVE... Xo

"I must be a mermaid. I have no fear of depths and a great fear of shallow living."

- Anais Nin 

#15 Uno

Uno

It's bricked up in my head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,920 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 10:40 AM

I don't think that she would have made just one more great album, but would have made many more great albums and would have won more grammys or awards for her lyrics and vocals. I think she would have been a musical force to be reckoned with and would have given almost every artist out there a run for their money. I always felt that she was not the rock star type that should have been in a large outdoor stadium with crappy sound and people screaming (which is fun sometimes), but that she was a great and true entertainer that should have stuck to indoor concert hall type venues, most of her best performances were at those type of gigs and that's possibly why she seemed so kind of fidgety at those shows in Brazil, other than not being on a big stage for awhile.
Amy, if you are up there listening, thank you for sharing the incredible soundtracks of your life ...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users