85 replies to this topic

#1 Cynthia

Cynthia

Addicted to her

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 699 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 01:50 PM

So, this thread is for everyone who already has (or will get it soon) Lioness.
I just got mine today, but i waited some hours before listening to it. I've just startet listening & i'm at the End of "Our Day Will Come".

P.S. Some of you already know it, but the Lioness Logo is on the CD. :)

<3

Cyn
Amy flies in paradise

#2 StrongerThanMe

StrongerThanMe

♫ Like smoke I hang around ♫

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,201 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 04:21 PM

Soo, I just listened to the whole album. I fell in love with every single song! Each song is beautiful! "Tears Dry" is soo emotional, "A Song For You" & "Half Time" are just overwhelming, "The Girl From Ipanema" is soo great aaand the other songs are wonderful as well. I really really love the album. ♥
Posted Image

#3 Cynthia

Cynthia

Addicted to her

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 699 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 04:45 PM

Did you notice that the Valerie Version on this Album is the Version her band played live?

"Tears Dry" is probably the best song for me on this Album, but i really love "A Song For You" & "The Girl from Ipanema".
"Between the Cheats" is a typical Amy Song & i love "Best Friends, Right?".
Amy flies in paradise

#4 prettymaryk

prettymaryk

distractionless

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 05:28 PM

Just finished it, need to vent... I have to say, I'm not happy with it. I'm extremely grateful they released it. I'm extremely grateful for all of their work. But I disagree with a lot of it. It sounds too... nice? They took all of the demos and tried to make them into fully-fledged songs. I don't understand why. The contrast between her voice and the very new, very bright happy arrangements is something I personally find unpleasant. I wish they'd kept it quieter. Instead they turned it into a Christmas album, all tinkly bells.

If this were released with Amy, I wouldn't mind it. I wouldn't be complaining about the arrangements if they were all agreed on. But here, they just don't feel right to me, not something she would have liked. I suppose that makes it the hardest - that we'll never know if she'd have liked them.

I love Our Day Will Come, Between the Cheats, Tears Dry, Valerie, Wake Up Alone (same version that was posted here in September, great to have it in better quality). As for Like Smoke - I don't really like Nas being there - not that I don't like rap. It's more like the fact that he's singing about the present, but she's singing from the past. He knows but she doesn't. It's just wrong... but I like the song itself.

The Girl From Ipanema is growing on me, even though I hoped for more of a demo. She just sounds so happy!

Will You Still... - Hate it. Drowns her completely. It uses the same vocal as the original, so he just went overboard for no reason.

Best Friends - I love the demo version, and the vocal here is different, but the arrangements are just..?

Half Time - I love the actual song and the lyrics and her voice - but the arrangements are pure elevator music to me. Considering it's one of the only new Amy songs here... I'm really annoyed by that.

A Song For You - this one is very hard to listen to... There's so much pain there. But I love her singing, no matter how painful it is to hear. It's such a beautiful song and even then she did it such justice.

But the arrangements tamper with it too much. It does sound good as a whole, but they contradict the emotion in her voice.

It's as though they thought she sounded worse than she actually did, like they were apologizing for her or something. I'd rather hear the bare demos - even the things she didn't want us to hear... instead of things she still probably didn't want us to hear, smothered in fake arrangements.

At least with some of them we still have the original versions. But with Half Time, A Song For You, A Girl From Ipanema, they didn't even give us the option of hearing the originals.

I don't mean to be negative. I do like a lot of it. But the mere thought that this is the last we'll ever get is awful. I love the songs themselves, each and every one. I don't think there a single song Amy ever sang that I don't like. My complaints are directed only at the production.

Edited by prettymaryk, 02 December 2011 - 09:00 PM.

#5 JamaicaAndSpain

JamaicaAndSpain

There's this ache in my chest

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,117 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 06:06 PM

I really love "Tears Dry" and "Best Friends, right" & "Our day will come" and "Will you still love me tomorrow". The more I listen to "Half time" and "Between the cheats", the more I love them. Her lyrics are just as amazing as always. This version of Valerie is my favourite. I was kind of disappointed when I found the slow version on Back to Black to be honest, so I am really happy about having this one on the album :)

I love the whole cd, too!
>:-( "These tears won't dry without you, Amy." >:-(

#6 Tiny Penny

Tiny Penny

Play all my records, keep dancing all night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,611 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 06:08 PM

I am loving the positivity about the album coming from you guys! Looking forward to getting mine - it has been dispatched so fingers crossed i will have it on monday!!!!
I love you in a place where there's no space or time...Forever you will be a true friend of mine:)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#7 Cynthia

Cynthia

Addicted to her

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 699 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 06:09 PM

Someone from the forum here already had a kind of vision, sorry i forgot his/her name, but he/she said that he wonders why they won't put any new picture of Amy in the booklet and he's right. All the pictures in the booklet are from 2007.
Amy flies in paradise

#8 JamaicaAndSpain

JamaicaAndSpain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,117 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 06:16 PM

I am loving the positivity about the album coming from you guys! Looking forward to getting mine - it has been dispatched so fingers crossed i will have it on monday!!!!

I don't think I could say something bad about it, just because it's Amy, you know? As soon as I saw the package I fell in love with the album - without even listening to it.

I liked most of the songs the first time I heard them, but on every Amy cd there have been one or two songs that I had to listen to quite a few times before I grew to love them. On this one it's definitely "Between the cheats", but I already looooove the witty lyrics, so it shouldn't take long for me to sing it all the time ;)

So happy your copy has been dispatched :)

#9 Cynthia

Cynthia

Addicted to her

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 699 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 06:17 PM

I loved Between the Cheats right from the beginning.
But i haven't listened to Half Time, i think it has to grow on me.
Amy flies in paradise

#10 tselekoglu

tselekoglu

Amy, Amy, Amy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 727 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 06:20 PM

How did you get yours?!?!? Gonna be released in December 5? And Amazon says, it dispatched and delivery estimate is 23 of December, 2011! Gosh, someone's kidding me? How can I wait 'til that date?! I think, I didnt understand some parts, can you tell me how did you get the album? Does it release early in UK?
Posted Image
16 letters, 3 words, 5 syllables, 1 woman, a big talent;

Amy Jade Winehouse :missyou:

My Amy Fan Page >> http://www.facebook.com/BritLioness

My Tumblr >> http://winehouseanddelrey.tumblr.com/

#11 JamaicaAndSpain

JamaicaAndSpain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,117 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 06:46 PM

How did you get yours?!?!?

It was released early (= today) in Germany. It will be released on Monday in the UK.

#12 tselekoglu

tselekoglu

Amy, Amy, Amy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 727 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 06:51 PM

It was released early (= today) in Germany. It will be released on Monday in the UK.

Oh, I got it. Then I read all posts again and saw that you're all Germans. :D But I'm still sad to get the album in last week of 2011... And I couldnt understand that; why released early in Germany? Really weird. Lioness Hidden Treasures was released today in Germany but it will be released on Monday in the UK. But Amy's English? That's because Amy was a Jew? :P

Edited by tselekoglu, 02 December 2011 - 06:57 PM.

Posted Image
16 letters, 3 words, 5 syllables, 1 woman, a big talent;

Amy Jade Winehouse :missyou:

My Amy Fan Page >> http://www.facebook.com/BritLioness

My Tumblr >> http://winehouseanddelrey.tumblr.com/

#13 JamaicaAndSpain

JamaicaAndSpain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,117 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 08:27 PM

Oh, I got it. Then I read all posts again and saw that you're all Germans. :D But I'm still sad to get the album in last week of 2011... And I couldnt understand that; why released early in Germany? Really weird. Lioness Hidden Treasures was released today in Germany but it will be released on Monday in the UK. But Amy's English? That's because Amy was a Jew? :P

I don't know if it was Cynthia or Diana, but one of them found out that all albums are released on Fridays here, no idea why though. I find it weird, too! Would have thought they'd wait till next Friday, not release it sooner than the UK.

#14 Cynthia

Cynthia

Addicted to her

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 699 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 08:30 PM

Well, it doesn't depend of the Artists' heritage, it is just like it is. It's the same with Beyoncé & other artists. Their releases first came out in Germany before they came out in the UK & US.
Amy flies in paradise

#15 juniour

juniour

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 03 December 2011 - 03:12 AM

Can't stop playing the whole album for 2 days nows....my addiction is back :)
During my 8 hour shifts at work, i kept it on replay, on the way to work and on the way back home.....its such a great album!! :)
~~~I Go Back to Black~~~
http://www.facebook.com/JuniourGoh

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users