51 replies to this topic

#46 antceleb12

antceleb12

And I'm singing this song for you...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,261 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 02:59 PM

For me, "A Song for You" could stand alone merely with Amy's voice and the guitar. However, Salaam's production on this number is top-notch and adds something more wonderful to this piece.
"Tears Dry" brings out a more tender side of Amy, with her lovely falsetto.
"Between the Cheats" is a marvelous jukebox tune. It would be much better if it had been recorded when Amy's voice was in better health.
Although I normally prefer "Valerie" at the faster tempo, I really like this slow version on the album. It still sounds like Mark Ronson, and Amy sounds really, really strong on this.

I don't care too much for "Will You Love Me Tomorrow." I was disappointed when I learned that it was the same vocal, new production. I think the production is too much and don't like the back-up singers.

I actually love "The Girl from Ipanema." That and "Our Day Will Come" are probably Amy's most innocent, light-hearted pieces we have and its nice to hear that from her.
Posted Image

"Amy is amazing. It's as if Bille Holiday and Dianh Washington had a baby and it was raised by Janice Joplin." - jazzblowin on youtube

#47 atlgafan4life

atlgafan4life

I'm not a one trick pony

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 03:14 PM

My favorite songs on the album are Halftime,Our Day Will Come,The Girl From Ipanema, I can't listen to A Song For You because it gets to me too much. It's really beautiful but I have to skip over it right now
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Bigger,Bigger,Bigger

#48 ChipsAndPitta

ChipsAndPitta

I Told Ya I Was Trouble

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 526 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 04:31 PM

Have had Between The Cheats going over and over in my head all day, great song.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I'm on Twitts >>> https://twitter.com/Baris1989 <<<

#49 Elsie

Elsie

eek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 05:17 PM

I don't like Best Friends, besides the fact it doesn't work in faster tempo at all, I was never much of a fan of that song. I don't know why. Body & Soul I like only for the sentiment and story around the song, but otherwise it's a bit meh... Between the Cheats has great lyrics and melody but her vocals... what a shame. It has grown on me though.
A Song For You is my favourite on the album, although I would also like to hear the original version without so much production. Like Smoke and Half Time are great tracks. Our Day Will Come is a sweet tune, makes me really sad hearing her sound so young and carefree.
Tears Dry is amazing. It should have been released a lot earlier, for me it stands out as the most "complete" one in terms of lyrics, her voice, production, everything is on point.
Oh dear, didn't mean to write an almost review, sorry about that.

He still stands in spite of what his Mars bar says.

#50 Amy Jenna Harper

Amy Jenna Harper

Amy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,751 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 05:28 PM

It's not that I don't like some songs..but more that I listen to some of then more than others ^^

One name,one word : Amy <3
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#51 anchor

anchor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 06:21 AM

I really into between the cheats and a song for you cause even though they were recorded on the studio i still get this "live" vibe, like Amy is not really in control with her emotions and that brings something special..
I do love all the other songs and i feel her power and emotions in them, but like i said shes more in control.
Im surprised to hear some of you dont like will you still love me tomorrow, i thinMark did a good job, the tension is well builed through the entire song..
As for like smoke, everytime the song ends im kind of breathless, waiting for another note from Amy..
I still trying to figure out Half Time.. cause i think its not great, but still the end of the song sounds amazing..

#52 anchor

anchor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 06:21 AM

I really into between the cheats and a song for you cause even though they were recorded in the studio i still get this "live" vibe, like Amy is not really in control with her emotions and that brings something special..
I do love all the other songs and i feel her power and emotions in them, but like i said shes more in control.
Im surprised to hear some of you dont like will you still love me tomorrow, i thinMark did a good job, the tension is well builed through the entire song..
As for like smoke, everytime the song ends im kind of breathless, waiting for another note from Amy..
I still trying to figure out Half Time.. cause i think its not great, but still the end of the song sounds amazing..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users