29 replies to this topic

#16 Uno

Uno

It's bricked up in my head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,920 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 09:11 AM

I agree with Birdieava about the baby. Looking back at some news articles, the baby should have arrived only a few weeks before Amy did Belgrade. It always seemed to me that she loved Reg, but wasn't madly in love with him like Blake and I always felt that she had some deep seeded hope that since both her and Blake had cleaned up that sometime in the future they would reunite. When the baby was born it became a reality to her that that most likely wasn't going to happen and that hope must have shattered into a million pieces for her. Once she got to that stage in Belgrade, she just couldn’t go to that place with her songs, who could.

As for Blake, I don't even want to waste my bandwidth ....
Amy, if you are up there listening, thank you for sharing the incredible soundtracks of your life ...

#17 ancre

ancre

Just friends

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,253 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 09:48 AM

I agree with Birdieava about the baby. Looking back at some news articles, the baby should have arrived only a few weeks before Amy did Belgrade. It always seemed to me that she loved Reg, but wasn't madly in love with him like Blake and I always felt that she had some deep seeded hope that since both her and Blake had cleaned up that sometime in the future they would reunite. When the baby was born it became a reality to her that that most likely wasn't going to happen and that hope must have shattered into a million pieces for her. Once she got to that stage in Belgrade, she just couldn’t go to that place with her songs, who could.

As for Blake, I don't even want to waste my bandwidth ....

Amy was quoted as saying something like:

"I have to cut him out of my life because he has to cut me out... so me and Blake can’t be friends but you know what? He’s having a kid and that is amazing.”

That still sounds in my ears.

So Blake's baby was born in June?

#18 crol

crol

i'm not ashamed, but the guilt will kill you

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 09:59 AM

Even I had a bit of a crush on Blake back in '07 when he first came back on the scene... and I haven't even met the guy. You can see how all the pieces of Amy's life came together at one time - being able to afford to be unemployed and hang out in pubs all day, getting into 60's girl groups, falling for a guy who could have been the character from a 60's girl group song. She was definitely a romantic.

#19 Uno

Uno

It's bricked up in my head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,920 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 10:02 AM

One article from Aug 3 said the baby was 10 weeks old, another from Aug 9 said it was 11 weeks, neither gave an exact date. So I am assuming sometime around the end of May or beginning of June.
Amy, if you are up there listening, thank you for sharing the incredible soundtracks of your life ...

#20 Tara

Tara

This Bird Has Flown...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,410 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 11:18 AM

I do feel some pity for Blake because he's obviously a very troubled person. He's an addict with an ever-growing criminal record, and he has the mother from hell. Amy was head over heels in love with him, and I think he manipulated her shamelessly. But unfortunately, she was insecure so I do see their relationship was inevitable in a way. If it hadn't been Blake, she would most likely have sought out someone like him. I hope Blake's child will have a better life, though his mother seems to have the same issues which isn't a great start. And I don't think Amy ever fully got over Blake, though she did seem to find a more mature love with Reg who I have a lot of respect for. I'd like to think that in time, Amy's love of life would have triumphed over her appetite for self-destruction, but sadly it wasn't to be.
Posted Image

'Memories mar my mind, love is a fate resigned'

#21 Amysanchorcat

Amysanchorcat

Hey, little rich girl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,125 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 12:08 PM

I read somewhere, Amy sayin, he didn't 'Own her head anymore', n whether he was on drugs or not, he is a cunt, he'd neva have been good for her, he was vile!, she was way tooo good for him. Meetin him was tha start of a downward spiral for Amy, Thank God, she met Reg n was loved truly by a real man, a relationship don't have to be ott intesnse n all dat shit, what she had wid Reg was nice, comfy n easy. x

Edited by Amysanchorcat, 15 December 2011 - 12:43 PM.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] The Only Time I Hold Ur Hand Is To Get The Angle Right

#22 AMYstery

AMYstery

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 01:03 PM

I hope that he will keep low-profile when he gets out of jail (no books, interviews,...).I noticed that in theory he is still a member of this forum.It's rather eerie that in the member list "good Blake" and "bad Blake" are now right next to each other.

#23 ChipsAndPitta

ChipsAndPitta

I Told Ya I Was Trouble

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 526 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 02:17 PM

Blake is a dickhead of the highest order. A man/boyfriend/husband does not do what he did to her, someone he supposedly loves deeply. Of course Amy was ultimately responsible for her own actions but love is blind as they say. He's also not responsible for her passing but blimey, he didn't help did he?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I'm on Twitts >>> https://twitter.com/Baris1989 <<<

#24 Amysanchorcat

Amysanchorcat

Hey, little rich girl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,125 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 02:23 PM

He knew the influence he had on her n how she threw herself in 100%, he could have done things differently, but him bein a cunt he chose to do things as he did, don't say twas coz he was a junkie, aint, tis coz he's a cunt simple as. Evrifin was bout him for Amy n he knew it, vile piece o vermin scummy shit!. x
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] The Only Time I Hold Ur Hand Is To Get The Angle Right

#25 LaPeep

LaPeep

My alcoholic logic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 772 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 03:59 PM

Woah!
I don't think Blake is the reason for her downfall.
I think being so co-dependent and having a very unhealthy attachment to another person
who has problems themselves is very debilitating.

As much as I love Mitch, I do think the whole having two families at the same time while not yet divorced when Amy was a little girl played a big part on Amy's self worth issues.

It isn't such a black and white issue.....
There are all kinds of stupid "what if" questions we can come up with.
I don't want to bring up controversial issues about our lovely girl but someone said Blake initially hooked up with her when in a relationship. But so did she, she also cheated on him while he was locked up. And never showed up to visit him. And if she loved him so much then why did she allow him to use her money to feed his drug habit. Why didn't she
keep herself clean to help him if she loved him so much?
She was in the thick of it and when that happens you can't and won't be objective about what's going on in a relationship.
I honestly feel she loved him and he loved her madly too.
I see it in his smile when he looks at her.
They were just two sick people that couldn't help each other and
couldn't be healthy enough to see it.
I love Amy and I do not judge her in any way because she is human and this shit happens......alot. And I feel she was a emotionally hurt person, that needed a lot of nurturing instead of being the one to nuture all the time.
But ultimately she was a grown up and those were her choices....
Just my 2 cents
"I don't know her, I never met her, and when I saw that pic, I thought, 'That's me!' But then I found out, no, it's Amy........Ronnie Spector of the Ronettes

#26 LucyGoose

LucyGoose

Think love and wear a smile...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 04:31 PM

When does he come out of jail - anyone know?
He's scum, through and through. A user and abuser, not neccessarily physical but mental abuse. And Amy was too pure of heart to see it.

#27 AMYstery

AMYstery

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 05:21 PM

He had this almost mesmerizing effect on her, but at times she clearly realized how destructive this relationship was. That's why I like the lyrics of "Tears Dry" more than those of "Between the cheats". This cartoon is cute (drugs,booze and picture of Blake thrown away...) :

"I should just be my own best friend,not fuck myself in the head with stupid men"

Posted Image

#28 LucyGoose

LucyGoose

Think love and wear a smile...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 06:44 PM

He had this almost mesmerizing effect on her, but at times she clearly realized how destructive this relationship was. That's why I like the lyrics of "Tears Dry" more than those of "Between the cheats". This cartoon is cute (drugs,booze and picture of Blake thrown away...) :

"I should just be my own best friend,not fuck myself in the head with stupid men"

Posted Image

That is one of the cutest drawings of Amy I have seen! Where is that from?

#29 AMYstery

AMYstery

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 06:54 PM

^^^
it's artwork from someone on Flickr :

http://www.flickr.co...comaceta/page2/

#30 LaPeep

LaPeep

My alcoholic logic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 772 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 06:55 PM

^^^ It really is cute, except for the syringe

And you can tell its Blake just by his silhouette
"I don't know her, I never met her, and when I saw that pic, I thought, 'That's me!' But then I found out, no, it's Amy........Ronnie Spector of the Ronettes

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users