492 replies to this topic

#1 Keight

Keight

You Know I'm No Good

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 11:37 AM

I honestly believe that Amy had recorded most of, if not finished the true third album, the way everything panned out makes me think this, a few reasons: Her tweets on twitter clearly list the names of several songs which were in her songbook (Our Souls aint Sold, Gutter etc), also In an interview for a magazine shortly after the Emphysema related hospital visit in 2008, when she was asked "Where do you see yourself next year?" she said: "Dusting off my third album and Pregnant, hopefully" Dusting off gives the impression that she was some way through the production of her album if she believed that it would be dusted off mid 2009, both her ambitions were obviously postponed by the divorce, but while she may not have "dusted off" the album, surely she had started it?

As well as this, in March 2011 she released a number of moody promotional photos which seem to echo the type of music she enjoyed (also the direction she was heading from BTB onwards) Now, releasing promotional photos is usually done in the very last stages of album production, the pics would be used to market the album and undoubtedly would be used for the cover and booklets etc. I mean, what's the point in releasing promotional photos without an album release coming within months? Amy never seemed to be the type of person who'd throw out professional photos for no reason.

Also: the music demos which supposedly "floored" the head of her record label? I believe that Amy had either finished or was in the very final stages of finishing her follow up to BTB.

I've seen it mentioned over various sites that no people have officially claimed that this is Amy's final work or that there is absolutely no material, as well as that some people believe that Lioness: Hidden Treasures was released to test the waters and see the public response and demand for new Amy material, judging by the fact that it was Amy's fastest selling US Debut, if the third album exists, it would certainly be released in 2012/2013.

what do you think?
  • Love is a losing game and JadedHearts like this

#2 Cynthia

Cynthia

Addicted to her

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 699 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 11:42 AM

I don't know where i saw these pictures (maybe others here will remember where they are), but they were showing Amy (either in 2009 oder 2010 because she was wearing her new beehive style) sitting in a studio with a guitar in her hands and her band members were all in the background playing their instruments and Amy was singing into a mic, so she was probably recording.

But i'm really not sure if she has really finished her third album. And Salaam claims that "Between the Cheats" & "Like Smoke" were supposed to be for the new Album, but these Songs were recorded in 2008 and "Like Smoke" was also unfinished, so i'm not sure if these were really for her 3rd Album. Also the List which you can see inside the Lioness CD could be from 2008.

Only her record company and her producers know if she recorded more or didn't.

EDIT: Oh and we've also heard twice that People from her record company have heard new Demos in 2010 and even Dionne said that she listened to her LP early last year and it was "really good".
Amy flies in paradise

#3 Keight

Keight

You Know I'm No Good

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 11:48 AM

Yeah I think I remember that picture, another thing with Between the cheats, I know it's a long shot but maybe she'd have cut it from her album, Just a hunch based on "I'd die before I'd divorce you" I don't know though? Do you know the photos I'm talking about? it's a very hazy brown/cream atmosphere and she doesn't have the beehive, it's the new big ponytail?

#4 Cynthia

Cynthia

Addicted to her

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 699 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 11:51 AM

You mean these pictures?:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I'm sure that there are more photos from this shooting. Maybe they'll release it one day (with another record):)

Edited by Wino, 05 February 2012 - 09:36 PM.
double posting

Amy flies in paradise

#5 carla spain

carla spain

I love you more than you'll ever know

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 03:11 PM

there are many pics of amy leaving her house to go to a recording studio and others pics of amy leaving the studio. I believe that there is material for a third album.
  • JadedHearts likes this

#6 Amysanchorcat

Amysanchorcat

Hey, little rich girl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,125 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 03:22 PM

She looks ill in those pix, not tha best pix of her at all x
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] The Only Time I Hold Ur Hand Is To Get The Angle Right

#7 Keight

Keight

You Know I'm No Good

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 05:47 PM

Yep those are the pics, and I just honestly think they were for the the album - she's not the type of artist to release official promos for any other reason than an album, I don't think she looks Ill, I think it's because the photos are soft focus, hazy and atmospheric, plus she does look a lot different than what she did in 06/07, maybe because of the substance abuse? I don't know but I can't explain how her face changed.. it's not just the lips being plumper, it's her eyes too..

Anyway, exactly - those photos of her going to, inside of and leaving the recording studio, they're obviously not staged so she was definitely recording

*Also, does anyone have any of those pictures - of her going to, inside of or leaving the recording studio/s ?

Edited by Wino, 05 February 2012 - 09:36 PM.
double posting

#8 Elsie

Elsie

eek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 05:53 PM

I though the promotional pictures were because of her Brazil tour?
If there really is any material (which I really don't believe) then I think it's a bit ridiculous to be releasing Lioness instead in the first place and saying there's no new recorded material to release. If it happens to be they were lying, then Salaam, Mark, her father and Darcus Beese really would seem like nothing but greedy.
But I think they're telling the truth and there is no third album. Nothing that Amy would want to release anyway, she would have done it by July if she wanted to. The quotes might easily be untrue too. Maybe they just wanted to give the fans a reason to keep waiting.
  • Love is a losing game likes this

He still stands in spite of what his Mars bar says.

#9 ladyamy

ladyamy

No Greater Love Than What I Feel For You

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,191 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 06:41 PM

I'm sure we'll listen to those songs eventually. I think they released Lioness first because they needed more time to produce the songs and make them sound as Amy wanted. Also, in my opinion, it'd have been sort of "disrespectful" to release the new album after such a short time since her passing. Lioness it's like a tribute that shows all the wonderful things she did in her short but brilliant career and obviously it has left people wanting more, so maybe late this year or maybe in 2013 we'll have another brilliant album.
I’m a firm believer that we all meet up in eternity

#10 Elsie

Elsie

eek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 06:55 PM

I would like to believe that is true, but the reality is - it is about the money. There isn't much of a difference between releasing Lioness and a third album 5 months after her death since none of these songs were originally intended for release. That one album to seal her legacy and serve as a gift to her fans after such long wait is fine, and I only say this because everything Salaam and Mark said seemed sincere. However, them lying and then new material misteriously reemerging and selling every year - no thank you.

#11 carla spain

carla spain

I love you more than you'll ever know

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 07:25 PM

if you don't believe there is material for the third album, Why she went to the recording studio in several times?

In tis website, you can see her leaving or arriving at the recording studio.

http://www.contactmu...nehouse_1784045

http://www.celebriti...--Amy-Winehouse

http://danasdirt.com...03/#imageAnchor

http://www.celebriti...--Amy-Winehouse

http://www.thesun.co...-new-album.html

http://www.thesun.co...-new-album.html

#12 Elsie

Elsie

eek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 07:44 PM

These were taken in 2008 and to be frank I thought she was going to die at the time, she didn't seem fit to live, let alone record and it shows on Between the Cheats where her vocals are nowhere near the usual brilliance. I do like her raw, imperfect style sometimes, but I would not like listening to an album of Amy high on heroin, I'm not sure she would release that either. She'd release those recordings by now if she wanted to, imo.
  • Love is a losing game likes this

#13 Cynthia

Cynthia

Addicted to her

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 699 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 07:48 PM

I remember News from late 2008 where people from Universal feared that she was never going to make a record because she only managed to finish 2 songs in 6 months (that could have been "Between the Cheats" & "Like Smoke", altough Like Smoke remained even unfinished in that time).

So i think she went into the studio but only worked partly on songs, but i have a strong feeling that she worked on more Songs in 2009.
Amy flies in paradise

#14 iheartblondie

iheartblondie

When I come back, you'll know.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 08:09 PM

Ok, let me just say this because I'm tired of people saying how sick she looks in these photos & actually in 2011 period....

This is my personal opinion, but I think Amy looked different because SHE MATURED. After around 2009, I stopped looking at Amy Winehouse photos because I hated that how the tabloids were treating her. But anyway, this past April I finally decided to look at recent photos of her and yeah there's a noticeable difference in her face.

So I went back & looked at old photos and I realized that she just matured. Amy was pushing 30, she was no longer 23/24 anymore & it's not so much that her face changed, it just matured. I can honestly say that I think her drinking had nothing to do with it.

And in regards to the thread topic, I think she's already recorded her 3rd album and the whole "promotional photos" thing is an excellent point. For whatever reason, her label is saying that there is no 3rd album, but maybe they're too embarrassed to release it? Maybe they think it won't sell.

#15 Gus×Wino

Gus×Wino

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 458 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 03 January 2012 - 08:19 PM

I believe that she was recording all time! Remember not only these news but her recording sessions at her new home or in St. Lucia...What about these songs? Ok, her recording sessions were supposedly stolen but, what about St. Lucia? Also, I believe that these photos would be great for the 3rd album...But I want firstly a DVD (why not a DVD collection) and maybe on July 23rd or September 14th...Idk...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users