i just wish she had the chance to give us more music and more albums

#422 charloca

charloca

Noob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 01:20 PM

Since you asked, I actually personally feel that Amy wouldn't be comfortable with ANY music being released without her approval, whether a cover or original material, because I think she liked to be in control.
She was real pissed off when they added strings on one of her songs on Frank without her consent, I just can't imagine her being OK with Lioness. Even if she approved of the vocals, she never got to hear the finished arranged product.
I always feel a guilty pleasure when listening to Lioness, like I wasn't supposed to ever hear it, the same way I feel when I look at paparazzi photos of Amy.
But of course I'm a walking contradiction because I would love to hear more music or even read her lyrics, but I feel that would be disrespectful. I sometimes wonder whether being a fan can be anything other than that: a contradiction. We want what's best for the artist we adore, but our selfish desires means we pry into their private lives and always ask for more.

Yes! So well said .. I looooove photos of Amy, but, just like you said Mrs. Jones, I feel so so bad for looking at them and adoring them as I do - especially the photos of Amy just being Amy, not performing or anything. And I don't want to enjoy youtube footage of Amy, the videos where the paps have filmed her simply going into a shop or - 1 that I saw for the first time yesterday - eating in Jamon Jamon, but I feel the need to watch them, It's a catch 22 but, me being selfish, I want to hear anything/everything I can that Amy has put her magic into because, even when she was at her worst, it's the worst of the best - if you get what I mean. Maybe, just maybe - like you've all said - with the docu-film and/or Amy's 30th something will be released. An article was released recently about Mark Ronson saying that he knows of no new music being released of his & Amy's, but that doesn't mean that Salaam has nothing, or, that there is nothing at all. This is the article:

Speaking at Lovebox festival just before the second anniversary of her death, he revealed he had heard that there was material remaining, but not from their work together.
He also said plans for a future release should only go ahead depending on "how good" the material was.
"I let the family decide all that," Mark Ronson added.
Continue reading the main story

I think that music does change so fast that you just have to make sure that what you do is really good so it withstands any trends

Mark Ronson
Amy Winehouse worked with producer Salaam Remi on both Frank and Back to Black and was collaborating with him when she passed away in 2011.
Talking about the release of any remaining material Mark Ronson said: "If it's something she finished that Salaam and her worked on, that Salaam knows she's happy with, then that's cool.
"I know it's very hard to maintain any kind of objectivity because so many people loved her.
"There's so many people that would love to hear the table scraps of what she left because it was so good that it was better than most people's albums."
Amy Winehouse died on 23 July 2011, aged 27. An inquest confirmed she died of accidental alcohol poisoning.

P.S. Excuse me for butting in on the thread
www.facebook.com/AmyWinehouseAnythingEverything < My Amy Page :heart:

Lets Just Say I'll Make Sure My GreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreat Grandchildren (& The Rest) Know About Miss Amy Winehouse & How She Changed My Life ...

#423 Uno

Uno

It's bricked up in my head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,920 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 01:51 PM

Stefan Skarbek still has some Amy songs kicking around too. He worked with Amy off and on all the way up until 2009 or so, when she had the home studio. He says there's about 10 songs, with five of them close to, or being completed. This interview with him is from July 2011 and we haven't heard anything else about these songs either.

http://www.rollingst...2#ixzz2a9roDJzc
Amy, if you are up there listening, thank you for sharing the incredible soundtracks of your life ...

#424 Cynthia

Cynthia

Addicted to her

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 699 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 11:29 AM

Stefan Skarbek still has some Amy songs kicking around too. He worked with Amy off and on all the way up until 2009 or so, when she had the home studio. He says there's about 10 songs, with five of them close to, or being completed. This interview with him is from July 2011 and we haven't heard anything else about these songs either.

http://www.rollingst...2#ixzz2a9roDJzc

Thanks for posting this. I forgot about this interview back then, i'm wondering if these songs will ever get approved and released by her label.

P.S. Also remember that just days after her death one of Universals' Managers or Executives said that there was so much material that it would cover 3 albums!

After reading some of your posts it sometimes makes me feel bad too, that we crave for unreleased things by her. I also think that she would'nt like Lioness, maybe she got even a bit pissed off in paradise. :/
Amy flies in paradise

#425 Yousaymyname

Yousaymyname

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 12:47 PM

http://www.dailymail...n-barbecue.html
Dunno if the link works but Alexander Mcqueen's ex bf said this in 2011, at the end it says she wrote LOTS on st Lucia....and he hopes her fans get to hear it..... August 2011 Archie

#426 Nineandfourteen

Nineandfourteen

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 423 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 01:39 PM

at the end it says she wrote LOTS on st Lucia

I image she has so much from then. It was like her little peaceful spot away from everything. Does anyone know why she chose st. Lucia as her little vacation spot?

My family/friend actually took a tour (right after Amy's passing) while they were in st Lucia, and it went past where she stayed, and they mentioned something about a white building. I want to try to get the pictures from them, I haven't even seen them yet.

#427 ccnncr

ccnncr

Noob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 10:12 PM

I found this video from Amy's gig in Sao Paulo, It's the clearest recording of her rendition of "Stagger Lee" I've found so far and it has very little crowd noise. Would be nice to think that if she didn't actually record the song in a studio, It could possibly be remastered e.g "A Song For You"

http :// youtu.be /479wfmo0HOQ?t=8m (remove the spaces)

#428 dykehaze

dykehaze

What the fuck

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 512 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 02:37 PM

http://www.dailymail...n-barbecue.html
Dunno if the link works but Alexander Mcqueen's ex bf said this in 2011, at the end it says she wrote LOTS on st Lucia....and he hopes her fans get to hear it..... August 2011 Archie

Fascinating article. I always sensed there was some connection between Amy and Mcqueen. Never would have guessed it was an adversarial relationship though. The man was obviously a genius. That hologram thing he did with Kate Moss is still one of the most beautful works of art I've ever seen. It reminds me of Amy as it has that etherial quality about it, much like the B2B video. Odd that they all met such untimely deaths, Amy, Mcqueen, Isabella Blow.

#429 Yousaymyname

Yousaymyname

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 06:21 AM

Yeah McQueen's death is very tragic although I don't follow fashion much, but especially because he did it in between his mother's death and her funeral. Just awful.

It's really frustrating that all Amy's old songs floating around on Youtube etc (Long Day, Trilby etc) are not released officially. She had so much more to offer than just her B2B 'sound.' B2B is a killer record, but Amy's songwriting and talent was more diverse than that I think. I hate to think her record label 'hid' recordings she did because they wanted to keep her sound going. Talk about clipping one's wings. A victim of her own success and image. Just because the masses wouldn't have liked it as much. I admit it took a while for Frank to grow on me, but I'm in awe of most of the songs on that album now.
Or maybe it is just wishful thinking, and she had burnt out and didn't record the 'true third album' (although all of us do NOT want to hear this), seems there's lots of songs from when she first got signed tho, she seems to have worked very hard to find enough songs for Frank.

#430 Blue_Shade

Blue_Shade

Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 08:40 AM

If Amy as half a dozen near completed songs in the vaults I think I would like to hear them on a Greatest Hits Album any other release is not really going to be her vision . I not to hung up that there is no third album, yes it would have been nice to have . Lioness I like as an album but you can only really release one album like that . Put the best of the unreleased material around her best studio recordings , some of the best selling albums are Greatest Hits albums , but don't cobble together a third album she wouldn't have sanctioned .

#431 Cynthia

Cynthia

Addicted to her

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 699 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 09:49 AM

If Amy as half a dozen near completed songs in the vaults I think I would like to hear them on a Greatest Hits Album any other release is not really going to be her vision . I not to hung up that there is no third album, yes it would have been nice to have . Lioness I like as an album but you can only really release one album like that . Put the best of the unreleased material around her best studio recordings , some of the best selling albums are Greatest Hits albums , but don't cobble together a third album she wouldn't have sanctioned .

This is actually a good marketing campaign for record labels. They did the same with Aaliyah (btw it's her 12th death anniversary today), instead of releasing an album full of unreleased songs, they did a greatest hits collection with 6 never before heard songs. But imo the management of Aaliyah's Music is out of control, producers buy unreleased songs/vocals and do whatever they want with them.

I still have hope that there is more unreleased things and i've said it a thousand times: I'd be happy about ANYTHING they'd release, but i'd be more happy if it was something from Post BTB Era. And yes, like @yousaidmyname said, the label is probably too afraid to take a risk and release things that might sound different from BTB.
Amy flies in paradise

#432 Blue_Shade

Blue_Shade

Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 02:14 PM

One of my favourite Greatest Hits albums is Simon & Garfunkle's Greatest Hits they only had six hit singles in the UK , Amy as at least nine UK hit singles if you add half a dozen unreleased tracks to what is a strong set of singles I think you have a very good third album which would structure and frame the new songs . The Simon & Garfunkle album spent 286 weeks on the chart and still charts today 41 years after its release in 1972 .

#433 Yousaymyname

Yousaymyname

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 11:16 AM

Do you think (fingers crossed) they will announce new music on Amy's b'day (14th sept) ?? It's been pretty quiet on that front. Maybe it's still too soon. But wish full thinking, a Christmas release like Lioness?

#434 Cynthia

Cynthia

Addicted to her

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 699 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 12:12 PM

I really hope so. And if they'd announce it then i think that christmas would be the perfect time to bring the album out.
Amy flies in paradise

#435 Yousaymyname

Yousaymyname

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 01:01 AM

Ohhhh it's killing me. I know prob everyone here is just as obsessed about the new music. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users