[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#4 socubos

socubos

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 180 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 04:51 PM

This is just some kids, who like hip hop like Lauryn and walk with pants down... I don't think they did realize the big potential Amy had. Lauryn is not even close to Amy(compared, different styles, different music, eras, times, etc)
Also that plain Lauryn fans. They will say the same about Whitney Houston, LOL
Ok i can act also like someone who is ignorant:

Where is the "talented" Lauryn now? Seems Lauryn was one wonder hit, and mostly with Fugees.
Amy is compared to Jimi, Janis, Jim, Kurt, Etta, Billie, Dian, Sarah, all the music Legends, who we compare Lauryn with???
2pac??? LOL
(sarcasm)

Edited by socubos, 27 January 2012 - 05:15 PM.

#5 LegendJJ

LegendJJ

Amy, Amy, Amy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 797 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 04:54 PM

This is just some kids, who like hip hop like Lauryn and walk with pants down... I don't think they did realize the big potential Amy had. Lauryn is not even close to Amy.
Also that plain Lauryn fans. They will say the same about Whitney Houston, LOL
Where is the "talented" Lauryn now? Seems Lauryn was one wonder hit, and mostly with Fugees.
Amy is compared to Jimi, Janis, Jim, Kurt, Etta, Billie, Dian, Sarah, all the music Legends, who we compare Lauryn with???
2pac??? LOL

So much ignorance in this comment about Lauryn i have no idea where to start.........

Amy would wonder what the heck you just said about Lauryn

Edit: The fact that you kind of hinted that neither Lauryn or 2pac kind of says something about where your mind is right now. I GUARANTEE YOU that EVERYONE on this website(besides you) whether they are a fan of him or not will admit that 2pac is a legend along with Lauryn. Whether they are a fan of him of his music or not, mostly everyone will agree that he is one.

Its just obvious. But you seem like your one of those people that cannot separate liking an artist with whether they are a legend or not. You not liking a person does not stop them from being a legend. Whether you like them or not both 2pac and Lauryn are legends.

And its ironic that your criticizing Lauryn by saying she is was a one hit wonder with the fugees..............a statement that i honestly wonder what the heck are you trying to say.

Does anyone here besides me think that "one hit wonder comment with the Fugees" makes absolutely no sense? I know age is only a number but i am constantly surprised how people more than twice my age say things that i would never say or know makes no sense. Sorry guys i am trying to be calm as possible but i know i cannot be the only person that sees so many things wrong with the comment above.

..........Waits for predictable response by the user above where they saw "Its my opinion" "Its how i feel, leave me alone" ...and all the other cliches

Edited by LegendJJ, 27 January 2012 - 05:05 PM.

#6 socubos

socubos

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 180 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 05:04 PM

So much ignorance in this comment about Lauryn i have no idea where to start.........

Amy would wonder what the heck you just said about Lauryn

I was sarcastic towards those answers. I tried to make the other side point, that i can say the SAME about Lauryn, although its not true.
Look, i do realize that lauryn is very talented, and her album "The miseducation of Lauryn Hill" is GREAT ALBUM. I own her recordings and her with Fugees. I met Lauryn while i lived in Atlanta, GA, and she made INCREDIBLE show. Read between the lines of my comment. I was being sarcastic towards those who said that about Amy.

EDIT: Calm Down! No need to write me essays

#7 LegendJJ

LegendJJ

Amy, Amy, Amy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 797 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 05:07 PM

I was sarcastic towards those answers. I tried to make the other side point, that i can say the SAME about Lauryn, although its not true.
Look, i do realize that lauryn is very talented, and her album "The miseducation of Lauryn Hill" is GREAT ALBUM. I own her recordings and her with Fugees. I met Lauryn while i lived in Atlanta, GA, and she made INCREDIBLE show. Read between the lines of my comment. I was being sarcastic towards those who said that about Amy.

EDIT: Calm Down! No need to write me essays

Sorry about that but.........

That was sarcasm? Sorry if i misread what you were saying or anything but.........that really was sarcasm?

#8 socubos

socubos

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 180 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 05:11 PM

Sorry about that but.........

That was sarcasm? Sorry if i misread what you were saying or anything but.........that really was sarcasm?

Yes. I was acting stupid as they were. They said Amy in one wonder hit. So i pointed that it can be said the same about Lauryn. Do you see how ridiculous that sound?
And i made some comparassion that Amy can be compared to those legends, and i can make it sound that lauryn can be compared to 2 pac in a funny way.

#9 LegendJJ

LegendJJ

Amy, Amy, Amy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 797 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 05:14 PM

Yes. I was acting stupid as they were. They said Amy in one wonder hit. So i pointed that it can be said the same about Lauryn. Do you see how ridiculous that sound?
And i made some comparassion that Amy can be compared to those legends, and i can make it sound that lauryn can be compared to 2 pac in a funny way.

Ok sorry about that. Forgive me.

You scared me for a secondLOL

#10 socubos

socubos

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 180 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 05:19 PM

Ok sorry about that. Forgive me.

You scared me for a secondLOL

I edtied my post:)
Do not worry it's my fault. MY english is not that good (learned it by myself), LOL.. i ask for firgiveness;)

I also LOVED Lauryn in Sister Act:)

Also this song is great although one of her most commercial and famous:

#11 LegendJJ

LegendJJ

Amy, Amy, Amy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 797 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 05:22 PM

I edtied my post:)
Do not worry it's my fault. MY english is not that good (learned it by myself), LOL.. i ask for firgiveness;)

I also LOVED Lauryn in Sister Act:)

Also this song is great although one of her most commercial and famous:

Sorry for the misunderstanding LOL

Whew thats a relief!!

I love this song also.

If she ever decides to come back i hope she makes a double CD with singing on disc 1 and rapping on disc 2(or vice versa)

#12 socubos

socubos

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 180 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 07:02 PM

Sorry for the misunderstanding LOL

Whew thats a relief!!

I love this song also.

If she ever decides to come back i hope she makes a double CD with singing on disc 1 and rapping on disc 2(or vice versa)

I want small reunion with Fugees, she could make an Album with 1CD Fugees, and 1 CD with her songs and as u say 1CD rapping...

I think she will come back... I hate to see how she waste talent, being idle... She must make albums, while she can...
or make "Miseducation part II".. by the way read her discography on Wikipedia:
http://en.wikipedia....ill#Discography

TBA (2012) To be announced...

#13 LegendJJ

LegendJJ

Amy, Amy, Amy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 797 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 09:09 PM

I want small reunion with Fugees, she could make an Album with 1CD Fugees, and 1 CD with her songs and as u say 1CD rapping...

I think she will come back... I hate to see how she waste talent, being idle... She must make albums, while she can...
or make "Miseducation part II".. by the way read her discography on Wikipedia:
http://en.wikipedia....ill#Discography

TBA (2012) To be announced...

Yeah i also saw that last month but did not think much of it until i actually heard it confirmed.

Hopefully if she does return this year and releases an album in 2012, hopefully we get another one a year later to make up for all that lost time.

Then ill be fine if she takes another break after that

#14 tselekoglu

tselekoglu

Amy, Amy, Amy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 727 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 09:29 PM

LMAO!! 5 years ago, hahaha!
Posted Image
16 letters, 3 words, 5 syllables, 1 woman, a big talent;

Amy Jade Winehouse :missyou:

My Amy Fan Page >> http://www.facebook.com/BritLioness

My Tumblr >> http://winehouseanddelrey.tumblr.com/

#15 Elsie

Elsie

eek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 09:47 PM

I love Lauryn and listened to her way before Amy appeared. But even though she influenced Amy, I can honestly say I prefer Amy over her.
She might have taken notes from a lot of musicians before her, but she had a gift to adapt all these things to herself and make them so unique and appealing. Really don't think I'll see anyone quite like her in my lifetime.

He still stands in spite of what his Mars bar says.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users