185 replies to this topic

#1 Birdieava

Birdieava

Never miss a night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,453 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 03:21 AM

BEST POP DUO/GROUP PERFORMANCE Frontrunner: Tony Bennett & Amy Winehouse - "Body And Soul" Spoiler: Maroon 5 & Christina Aguilera - "Moves Like Jagger"

"The last time Tony Bennett won in this category, it was for a collaboration with Steve Wonder from his album "Duets: An American Classic" in 2006. Six years later he released "Duets II" and is nominated in the same category for his collaboration with the late five time Grammy winner Amy Winehouse. They are expected to win.

Christina Aguilera is previous winner in this category for her collaboration with Lil Kim, Pink & Mya for "Lady Marmalade." She even beat Tony Bennett for his duet with Billy Joel on a cover of "New York State Of Mind" right after 9/11. This time she is collaborating with Maroon 5 on their current hit "Moves Like Jagger." Both Aguilera and Maroon 5 are previous Best New Artist Winners. "Moves Like Jagger" was number one on Billboard's Hot 100 for four weeks. Can lightning strike twice? Can a Christina Aguilera collaboration win over a Tony Bennett collaboration again?"

MAKE YOUR GRAMMY PREDICTIONS: Who will win Pop Duo?

Amy and Tony, of course!!!

#2 LegendJJ

LegendJJ

Amy, Amy, Amy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 797 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 04:18 AM

People use the word "pop" wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy TOO MUCH for any and every thing. How the hell is a jazz song a pop song?

I have a feeling it may be "Moves Like Jagger"

#3 MDPA

MDPA

"We all become what we once hated"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 395 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 04:51 AM

Moves Like Jagger is a horrid song. I don't understand why two people that have really good voices, especially Christina, waste their talents on horrible music. It just doesn't make sense. Im hoping Body and Soul for sheer quality beats out Moves Like Jagger.

#4 Uno

Uno

It's bricked up in my head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,920 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 05:04 AM

I was just going to make a new thread to post about the Grammys and then saw that you started a Grammy thread already, I hope that you don't mind that I add this...

Posted Image

Was just thinking back to the 2008 Grammys and that great expression Amy had on her face for not only winning Record of the year, but because one of her biggest idols had announced her name as the winner. This is such a bittersweet occasion, I really wish Amy knew that singing with Tony in that studio in March was going to lead to her being nominated for Grammy #6. Out of all of the great talents on Duets II, she was the 'one' that really did shine enough to get the Grammys attention for a nomination. This year Tony won't be announcing her name like in 2008, but they will be announcing her name along with Tony's, I can only imagine how amazed Amy would have been by this. Well, Tony will be there in 'Body' and Amy will be there in 'Soul'.

Got my fingers crossed for them, I really hope they win this ...

PS: Moves Like Jagger sounds like somebody popped a can open and poured it out and I really like Christina when she really belts a good song out
Amy, if you are up there listening, thank you for sharing the incredible soundtracks of your life ...

#5 Sassy

Sassy

I’m just a very whimsical person

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 842 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 05:25 AM

From Twitter:

mitchwinehouse
mitch winehouse

I am in Los Angeles for the Grammys. Let's hope our girl will win! I am so proud of both my kids. Mitch

#6 dunkinz

dunkinz

You Know I'm No Good

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 07:14 AM

please please let Amy and Tone win!!!
;-)

They deserve it. come on, body & soul is a very beautiful song. Maroon 5 & Aguilera can win it some other time, but sadly this is the last chance of Amy win a Grammy :(

Mitch's presence at Grammy is a good sign I think..
You're wondering now, what to do.. Now you know this is the end.
You're wondering how, you will pay for the way you misbehaved.

I will love you forever Amy Jade x

#7 Tiny Penny

Tiny Penny

Play all my records, keep dancing all night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,611 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 07:22 AM

I hope they win... they genuinely deserve to out of that cohort, by a mile!
Uno, I love the picture of the sheet music and Amy's message! Thanks!
I love you in a place where there's no space or time...Forever you will be a true friend of mine:)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#8 ladyamy

ladyamy

No Greater Love Than What I Feel For You

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,191 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 10:13 AM

They must win, it'd be a real offense if they didn't. It's gonna be very special because Amy adored (adores) Tony. She only dreamed about meeting him and eventually she not only met him but recorded a song with him and now probably's gonna win a Grammy.
I'm really excited, I'm sure is going to be a magical (and also sad) night. I feel so proud of them both!
How sweet what she wrote for Tony's birthday. I love her more everyday.

Edited by ladyamy, 09 February 2012 - 10:18 AM.

I’m a firm believer that we all meet up in eternity

#9 Elsie

Elsie

eek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 10:59 AM

Was just thinking back to the 2008 Grammys and that great expression Amy had on her face for not only winning Record of the year, but because one of her biggest idols had announced her name as the winner.

I hadn't even thought of that, man that is so sad that she won't be there with Tony again. Although sadly I doubt the song would even be nominated if Amy hadn't passed away.

He still stands in spite of what his Mars bar says.

#10 tselekoglu

tselekoglu

Amy, Amy, Amy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 727 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 03:53 PM

I sadly think, Moves Like Jagger will win. Coz, you know. For many people, jazz is really hard to listen. They say it's boring. But they really love stupid lyriced songs. But I pray for Amy, I hope Body and Soul win...
Posted Image
16 letters, 3 words, 5 syllables, 1 woman, a big talent;

Amy Jade Winehouse :missyou:

My Amy Fan Page >> http://www.facebook.com/BritLioness

My Tumblr >> http://winehouseanddelrey.tumblr.com/

#11 Amy Jenna Harper

Amy Jenna Harper

Amy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,751 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 04:30 PM

Hope they will win..deserve it..

But it's not pop music..When I see that ..I have to blow it?Really..get my nerves..it's not pop music..anyway

#12 tselekoglu

tselekoglu

Amy, Amy, Amy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 727 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 05:39 PM

Posted Image

Attached Files

Posted Image
16 letters, 3 words, 5 syllables, 1 woman, a big talent;

Amy Jade Winehouse :missyou:

My Amy Fan Page >> http://www.facebook.com/BritLioness

My Tumblr >> http://winehouseanddelrey.tumblr.com/

#13 Marty<3Amy

Marty<3Amy

I'll love you forever my mermaid

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 399 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 06:36 PM

I hope they'll win because Amy deserves it and Body and Soul is a great song.But i think that Moves Like Jagger will win this award..as you have already written,jazz is less popular than pop.. Moves Like Jagger is horrible..i hate that song.
Posted Image

"That silent sense of content that everyone gets
Just disappear soon as the sun sets"

#14 carla spain

carla spain

I love you more than you'll ever know

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 06:59 PM

I really hope amy can win her last grammy but i'm happy and sad at the same time because she's not here to receive the award.

#15 paulh202

paulh202

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 08:03 PM

Really hope this song wins! Amy was so proud of her duet with Tony and good how their performance turned out, and I know her dad and family would be so proud for her awesome talent to be recognised once again at the grammys, looking at the other nominations its the best song by a country mile, whatever genre of music the "experts" class it as.

Great pic by the way Uno! hope you don't mind if I share this with Sam on FB?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users