185 replies to this topic

#16 LegendJJ

LegendJJ

Amy, Amy, Amy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 797 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 08:35 PM

I was just going to make a new thread to post about the Grammys and then saw that you started a Grammy thread already, I hope that you don't mind that I add this...

http://i42.tinypic.com/2nhge2q.jpg

Was just thinking back to the 2008 Grammys and that great expression Amy had on her face for not only winning Record of the year, but because one of her biggest idols had announced her name as the winner. This is such a bittersweet occasion, I really wish Amy knew that singing with Tony in that studio in March was going to lead to her being nominated for Grammy #6. Out of all of the great talents on Duets II, she was the 'one' that really did shine enough to get the Grammys attention for a nomination. This year Tony won't be announcing her name like in 2008, but they will be announcing her name along with Tony's, I can only imagine how amazed Amy would have been by this. Well, Tony will be there in 'Body' and Amy will be there in 'Soul'.

Got my fingers crossed for them, I really hope they win this ...

PS: Moves Like Jagger sounds like somebody popped a can open and poured it out and I really like Christina when she really belts a good song out

It would be great for Amy to win an award but not for "best pop". I mean it just looks wrong in so many ways. Not that there is anything wrong with pop--because as we have seen she has great pop songs herself like "Procrastination" and "Fuck Me Pumps"---Ironically one of her only pop songs when its the only song with a curse word in the title LOL.

The problem is just that its not like this is an original recording by Amy and Tony. This is a jazz song that came out decades ago. I do not know about you guys but if we watch the grammys days from now and see that "Body and Soul" wins "best pop duo"----It is going to be an awkward.............

#17 Amy Jenna Harper

Amy Jenna Harper

Amy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,751 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 10:13 PM

Finger's cross!!

#18 paulh202

paulh202

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 11:38 PM

Hopefully they will award it on the performance whether its a cover or not shouldn't really matter, and it was a great performance by 2 great artists!

#19 CreativeAmyCanuckerGal

CreativeAmyCanuckerGal

" I said No, No, No "

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 423 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 01:15 AM

Well, I would hope they would win, as it would be deserving to both, and personally, I found it a refreshing thing, musically, to hear old school music , with a modern feel . Both Tony and Amy made the song what is , entertaining and heartfelt.

#20 Uno

Uno

It's bricked up in my head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,920 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 02:59 AM

Even if this was a cover, Amy used her pure unique genius while presenting this song and did it in the same fashion as she did in some of her B2B songs. She had that rare talent to able to take us back decades with her style but still keep us in the present moment.
Amy, if you are up there listening, thank you for sharing the incredible soundtracks of your life ...

#21 dunkinz

dunkinz

You Know I'm No Good

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 06:34 AM

How does exactly the Grammy committee decide the winner? I don't think it's based on popularity, they really should see it based on musical quality. Cos Grammy is an award to appreciate musicians that make great music. CMIIW

And in this case, not only Tone and Amy make great music (although it's covered song) but the result was also beautiful and timeless. I mean I sure as hell will listen to Body and Soul in my 40s even 50s and to be honest, I was bored to Move Like Jagger on 3rd listen! In fact, I never like it.

IF they dont win, there's defo something wrong with the Grammys. Either they lower their standards, or our music nowadays getting crappy each day.
You're wondering now, what to do.. Now you know this is the end.
You're wondering how, you will pay for the way you misbehaved.

I will love you forever Amy Jade x

#22 Birdieava

Birdieava

Never miss a night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,453 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 06:46 AM

Great photo Uno!! Thanks x sharing...hope u don't mind I use in profile.for birdie for good luck.I will.Not be watching, but I Am crossing my fingers and toes for Amy. Xo

"I must be a mermaid. I have no fear of depths and a great fear of shallow living."

- Anais Nin 

#23 JamaicaAndSpain

JamaicaAndSpain

There's this ache in my chest

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,117 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 03:56 PM

http://de.eonline.co...ad-mitch/293199

"Mitch says he's most looking forward to "picking up Amy and Tony Bennett's Grammy" on Sunday."

Well, so am I ;)
>:-( "These tears won't dry without you, Amy." >:-(

#24 Liv

Liv

I might let you make it up to me

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 05:05 PM

so am I!
keeping my hopes up and my fingers crossed. it will be a beautiful moment!!

#25 Amy Jenna Harper

Amy Jenna Harper

Amy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,751 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 07:02 PM

Oh yes!!Finger cross!!

#26 JamaicaAndSpain

JamaicaAndSpain

There's this ache in my chest

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,117 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 10:57 PM

http://www.accesshol...e_video_1384480

http://www.accesshol...r_video_1384481
>:-( "These tears won't dry without you, Amy." >:-(

#27 Amy Jenna Harper

Amy Jenna Harper

Amy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,751 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 12:33 AM

Feel the emotion they have..

Some tears..

Finger cross...

Thank you for posting this ^^

#28 dunkinz

dunkinz

You Know I'm No Good

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 01:13 AM

thank you for posting the link. reminiscent about 1 of the most magical night as amy winehouse fan..
yeah finger cross
You're wondering now, what to do.. Now you know this is the end.
You're wondering how, you will pay for the way you misbehaved.

I will love you forever Amy Jade x

#29 lyricgenius

lyricgenius

To my heart, she carries the key

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,518 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 03:23 AM

I loved seeing the note that Amy wrote to Tony. It made me smile. She was such a witty, intelligent woman and she had such a brilliant way with words. It's just a short note, but it shines with all those qualities. Where do I find a woman like that? What a treasure for Tony to have that note for keeping.

I will be surprised if Amy and Tony don't win the Grammy. Of course, I was shocked when Amy didn't win album of the year. But I think there is a lot of sentiment to honor her now. So I'm predicting she will get a 6th Grammy. It would be great to see her image and hear her voice again at the Grammys and to see Mitch get up and accept the award. I think it would actually feel therapeutic.
Posted Image
"Flawed yet fabulous, tormented yet towering"

#30 LegendJJ

LegendJJ

Amy, Amy, Amy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 797 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 04:40 AM

I would have loved Amy to win in a different category its just that "best pop duet" sounds weird...........

Especially since "Body and Soul" came out before pop music even existed.

I wish it was "best male and female duet" or something like that.

I guess it would be great to see Amy win though..I do not want to see "Moves Like Jagger"(even though i like the song a little bit) win

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users