26 replies to this topic

#1 xoxohazelxoxo

xoxohazelxoxo

Noob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 11:01 PM

I know this has probably been asked 100's of times, but I never tire of hearing peoples favorite Amy songs and a connection they may have with the songs.

I know its so hard because their isn't a song out there of Amy's I don't love, but you can only choose one song from each album, Frank, Back to Black and Lioness ...

Mine for Frank is currently ''You Sent Me Flying''

For Back To Black and Lioness it's ''Wake Up Alone''... (I prefer the Lioness, slowed down version and the way her voice hangs on ''Im staying busy'' and ''at least Im not drinking'' ahhh it's amazing!!

Wake Up Alone, I connect with this song so much and everytime I hear Amy's sweet voice on this record I get goosebumps. We've all been their, I think, when we try and distract ourselves from thinking about that one person we love but can't have, but you can't escape them, especially at night when you're winding down, you're on your own, its quiet, then bam!! Your back in that place, where you're held a prisoner by your thoughts and dreams....Amy captures that sooo beautifully in this song....xxxx

#2 SteveV

SteveV

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 282 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 09:36 AM

I know its so hard because their isn't a song out there of Amy's I don't love, but you can only choose one song from each album, Frank, Back to Black and Lioness .

Like you, there isn't an Amy song that I don't love. So picking just a few songs just reflects my current interests. From the original Frank album, I like "Take the Box", but my favorite recorded version of this is the original demo which is only on the Delux Frank Album. From Back to Black, it's Wake Up Alone and from Lioness it's Song for You. However, I'm taken with a number of her unreleased songs that are available on You Tube, particularly Long Day and When My Eyes. Another song which I'm "fixated" on right now is What It Is, which is only on the Frank DeLux album. Amy's powerful vocal (accompanied only by her solo guitar work) is truly remarkable.

For Back To Black and Lioness it's ''Wake Up Alone''... (I prefer the Lioness, slowed down version and the way her voice hangs on ''Im staying busy'' and ''at least Im not drinking'' ahhh it's amazing!!

Wake Up Alone, I connect with this song so much and everytime I hear Amy's sweet voice on this record I get goosebumps. We've all been their, I think, when we try and distract ourselves from thinking about that one person we love but can't have, but you can't escape them, especially at night when you're winding down, you're on your own, its quiet, then bam!! Your back in that place, where you're held a prisoner by your thoughts and dreams....Amy captures that sooo beautifully in this song....xxxx

I completely agree. When I first "discovered" Amy, this was my favorite. It's a paradox that many of Amy's songs are so intense and personal, that she no longer wanted to sing them. She has often said she didn't listen to her songs, probably because they so well described her deepest, often painful, feelings. Writing and recording them was a catharsis, but afterward, she just wanted to move on.
"It's not me personally, is it?......I'm just a musician."

http://www.starpulse... - SXSW - video[

#3 AmyJWinehousefan

AmyJWinehousefan

Amy Amy Amy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 456 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 08:26 PM

This is really hard to choose!
Frank- You Sent Me Flying & I Heard Love is Blind
Back to Black- Tears Dry Own Their Own & Back to Black
Lioness-Halftime & Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow

It is a shame that she couldn't have continued making music :(

#4 LiamSullivan

LiamSullivan

I love Amy Winehouse.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 951 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 12:48 AM

I really can't choose.. So I'll just list one song off each album I've been LISTENING to a lot lately, not necessarily my favorite.
Off Frank, I've been listening to You Sent me Flying quite a lot. Off Back to Black, I've been listening to Tears Dry on Their Own. Off Lioness, I've been listening to the original Tears Dry on Their Own (which is my favorite version of the song.) I really don't know, what a hard question.

R.I.P Amy Jade Winehouse. Once in a lifetime voice.
2r4h89d.gif

#5 modoc56

modoc56

Noob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 04:38 PM

Mine is Between the Cheats from Lioness. I love the wit of the song, and it is constantly stuck on replay on my ipod.

#6 urbanpixie

urbanpixie

Noob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 03:42 PM

I think mine is Tears Dry on their own.

But I love them all and could change my mind on this

#7 Mutterkorn1

Mutterkorn1

Hippiezwerg

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 675 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 03:55 PM

me and mr jones
btb
a song for you
:heart:Posted Image

#8 chris_kitch

chris_kitch

Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 09:51 PM

Overall I think mine would have to be Tears Dry On Their Own as it just feels so inline with a break up Iv just recently gone through.
From Frank though I would have to say What Is It About Men is the song I've been loving most of late but to be honest my favorite songs change with my mood!

#9 moiraproject

moiraproject

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 12:21 PM

Take the box
me & mr jones
love is a losing game

.... In this moment
moira

#10 Mutterkorn1

Mutterkorn1

Hippiezwerg

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 675 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 07:01 PM

but to be honest my favorite songs change with my mood!

same here:encouragement: amys music is very special to me so i dont listen all the time

i have to say these above i wrote are my faves in all time ..
i like alltracks from her ..just the bennet duo i didnt like..body and soul ..her voice makes the only point i can give..:headphones:
i really like also very much her
monkey man :heart:
:heart:Posted Image

#11 ReneGH

ReneGH

Hoping to be some sort of artist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 04:06 PM

Frank - Know You Now :heart:
Frank *bonus disc - Teach Me Tonight (Hootenanny) :tearsofjoy:
Back to Black - (this is a hard decision) ..... Addicted :eagerness:
Back to Black * bonus disc- Hey Little Rich Girl:lovestruck:
Lioness - A song for you :sorrow:
:weirdo:
"I really write about situations that i have trouble, you know i mean, so I guess .. that's why i feel so quiet miserable" - Amy

Posted Image

#12 Deathrayx323

Deathrayx323

Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 02:01 AM

Frank: I'm a new fan, and haven't listened to this album yet. :heartbroken:
Back to Black: Just Friends, and Monkey Man.
Lioness: Wake up Alone.

Wake up Alone means so much to me right now, I've already cried listening to it a couple of times. :sorrow:

#13 amylove

amylove

<3

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,480 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 04:00 AM

@Deathrayx323 a new listener, yay!! I hope she will continue to grow on you ;)
I can listen to Just Friends any time on repeat... I never tire of it! Wake Up Alone is from B2B... so do you prefer the version on Lioness?
Frank is brilliant, but it is more jazzy, so I hope you enjoy it.

---------- Post added 07-10-2012 at 12:00 AM ---------- Previous post was 06-10-2012 at 11:57 PM ----------

Frank - Know You Now :heart:
Frank *bonus disc - Teach Me Tonight (Hootenanny) :tearsofjoy:
Back to Black - (this is a hard decision) ..... Addicted :eagerness:
Back to Black * bonus disc- Hey Little Rich Girl:lovestruck:
Lioness - A song for you :sorrow:

Addicted is brilliant, isn't it? Always makes me smile!

#14 Purelove

Purelove

Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 08:27 AM

I get turned on by Fuck me pumps! And a song like Love is a losing game is a song where I can feel the pain.

#15 Deathrayx323

Deathrayx323

Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 05:18 AM

[MENTION=2636]allisost[/MENTION] I do prefer the one of Lioness, it's a lot more, 'acoustic' and i like it that way.
And ive been listening to Frank all day, its a lot more jazzy, but i like it like that! :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users