189 replies to this topic

#1 Elsie

Elsie

eek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 01:34 PM

So, the Brit Awards are in 2 days and I think I can speak for all of us here when I say we're expecting a proper tribute for Amy here more than on any other award show. I was looking at the Brits website but no words of an Amy tribute. They've announced a Whitney tribute though, well not announced but made a written tribute on the website, so I sincerely hope it won't be another Grammy type of fuckery. Any further info on this?? Can't say I've heard about any plans.

He still stands in spite of what his Mars bar says.

#2 Gus×Wino

Gus×Wino

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 458 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 19 February 2012 - 01:53 PM

Of course it must be an Amy tribute! She performed there, she won there and she was born in London! I strongly believe that she MUST be remembered with a special video, or why not, a video from her Brit's performance back in 2004...

#3 JamaicaAndSpain

JamaicaAndSpain

There's this ache in my chest

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,117 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 02:35 PM

I sent them a tweet, but so far they haven't replied.
>:-( "These tears won't dry without you, Amy." >:-(

#4 Mama_Haze

Mama_Haze

Hazy Lady

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,402 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 02:47 PM

If they don't, I suspect they're gonna get a wealth of hate-mail from AWFUKers LOL

#5 gpozzo

gpozzo

I swear I'm gonna love you until eternity...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 647 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 03:02 PM

I hope they do something special, even better than EMA/VMA's tribute (i won't mention "Grammy" because that was really shameful). She deserves that! And I agree with GusFromGreece: they should show some images of Amy's performance back in 2004!

I'm gonna e-mail them asking about the tribute! I think if more people from here e-mail them too, maybe we can get some response.

For those who want to e-mail them, their adress is britswebmaster@bpi.co.uk :D

"Cuz I miss your ginger hair and the way you liked to dress."

My YouTube Channel

#6 Tiny Penny

Tiny Penny

Play all my records, keep dancing all night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,611 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 03:14 PM

I have been keeping my eyes peeled ever since the Grammy palaver but haven't found any info about a tribute. They HAVE to do something though - in fact SOMETHING just isn't good enough. Out of all the awards show this is the one that needs to go to town with a tribute. If they are doing a Whitney one then they have to do an Amy one surely. It is the BRITS - Clue is in the title. Keeping fingers crossed and hope they do not let her, us or her family down!
I love you in a place where there's no space or time...Forever you will be a true friend of mine:)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#7 antceleb12

antceleb12

And I'm singing this song for you...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,261 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 03:18 PM

I can't imagine that they would be that stupid to do a Whitney tribute and not an Amy tribute.
Posted Image

"Amy is amazing. It's as if Bille Holiday and Dianh Washington had a baby and it was raised by Janice Joplin." - jazzblowin on youtube

#8 Amy Jenna Harper

Amy Jenna Harper

Amy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,751 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 03:25 PM

Well I hope they will do an Amy's tribute..if they don't..something is wrong..

I agree with Mama,sent an e-mail from the AWF will be a good idea. (represent the forum..of AWF).
I don't want to have "the same suprise " as the Grammy's..

So, the Brit Awards are in 2 days and I think I can speak for all of us here when I say we're expecting a proper tribute for Amy here more than on any other award show. I was looking at the Brits website but no words of an Amy tribute. They've announced a Whitney tribute though, well not announced but made a written tribute on the website, so I sincerely hope it won't be another Grammy type of fuckery. Any further info on this?? Can't say I've heard about any plans.

Hope they will..otherwise..will get really on nerves.. :P

One name,one word : Amy <3
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#9 tselekoglu

tselekoglu

Amy, Amy, Amy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 727 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 04:04 PM

Amy was a Camden-London fan. She was proud to be a British. I think, they gotta do something special 'cause Amy really deserves. And how can I watch it? Will it be airing online?

---------- Post added at 06:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:46 PM ----------

https://p.twimg.com/AmBzDmGCIAEGbBK.png:large
Posted Image
16 letters, 3 words, 5 syllables, 1 woman, a big talent;

Amy Jade Winehouse :missyou:

My Amy Fan Page >> http://www.facebook.com/BritLioness

My Tumblr >> http://winehouseanddelrey.tumblr.com/

#10 Liv

Liv

I might let you make it up to me

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 04:18 PM

where can i watch the brits? (i'm in canada)

#11 Elsie

Elsie

eek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 04:20 PM

If they don't, I suspect they're gonna get a wealth of hate-mail from AWFUKers LOL

Definitely! It would be completely out of order.

I don't know whether they'll do a Whitney tribute or not, but I assumed considering the tribute article they posted. There was none of that for Amy. Not even sure who would be performing on an Amy tribute... Realized by now everything I expect is too much, but there will be plenty of artists there who already payed tribute on their own gigs, like Adele, Coldplay, Mark Ronson, Dionne probably... so perhaps they will be somehow involved.

He still stands in spite of what his Mars bar says.

#12 Divine_Comedy

Divine_Comedy

Lost is just what can't be seen.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 203 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 05:21 PM

There will be one, she's London! It's like in America you can't change a channel without something about Whitney Houston. I think it's a bit more major where the artist comes from.

*and if what calls itself a world should
have the luck to hear such singing*

http://www.amywinehouseforum.co.uk/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1716&dateline=1327218895

#13 Amy Jenna Harper

Amy Jenna Harper

Amy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,751 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 05:43 PM

Normally should be a tribute!!^^

@tselekoglu : That's great..I think you had to add that you are from AWF (I don't know if can change something :P)

One name,one word : Amy <3
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#14 Mama_Haze

Mama_Haze

Hazy Lady

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,402 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 06:14 PM

If anyone emails and mentions AWF please be polite ;)

#15 CreativeAmyCanuckerGal

CreativeAmyCanuckerGal

" I said No, No, No "

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 423 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 07:11 PM

Like, Liv, I'm from Canada, and don't think we can get the Brit awards unless it's on a cable channel you cab subscribe to, if you have cable, which I don't . I, too, would hope that the Brit awards recognize Amy and have some kind of tribute or honourable mention, something.....that gets me wondering now, if the Junos , in Canada, next month or so, will mention or have some little bit of Amy in there..would be nice... Ok, I'm going to email to the Brit awards email addy provided here....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users