68 replies to this topic

#1 amysarmynow

amysarmynow

You Know I'm No Good

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 230 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 01:07 AM

This is a likkle depressing, but it may help encourage some much needed reforms.

http://amysarmynow.w...de-final-notes/

#2 MDPA

MDPA

"We all become what we once hated"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 395 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 03:23 AM

Depressing, yes, but these are words that needed to be spoken. Very well written, thanks armynow!

#3 SteveV

SteveV

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 282 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 05:45 AM

I didn't know anything about Belgrade when it happened. I was only vaguely aware of Amy's existence at the time, and if Amy hadn't passed, I would still not know her like I do now. That might be a strange and even insensitive thing to say, but I think it's true that Amy gained a lot of new fans who only discovered who she was after she was gone. We didn't suffer and share the pain that I'm sure her long standing fans knew both after Belgrade and again when she passed just a few weeks after. Only later did I feel the loss and begin to realize what a talent she was. But more than that, it became clear her best music literally erupted from her soul: searing: blunt, provocative, occasionally profane and phrased in way that made you understand what she was feeling at each moment of the song. Can anyone live with such intensity for long without being damaged? She had bipolar disorder which made it all the more difficult to cope. I think the alcohol and drugs were not so much cause, but a symptom of her illness. In one of my favorite Amy songs "What It Is" she belts out "...you're supposed to the man that I build my life around ..." ( or something pretty close to that). Does such a man exist? Amy was caught in a contradiction of being supremely talented and yet having very ordinary human needs.

I really don't know what happened at Belgrade. It seemed more like panic than simple intoxication. I'm just so sorry she had to go through that. She didn't deserve it. She was so much better than that. I can't imagine why anyone would hate her.

THANKS FOR THE POST AMYSARMYNOW.

Edited by SteveV, 08 March 2012 - 06:12 AM.

"It's not me personally, is it?......I'm just a musician."

http://www.starpulse... - SXSW - video[

#4 Sassy

Sassy

I’m just a very whimsical person

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 842 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 01:50 PM

A friend of mine recently said to me, "I will never forgive this execution on stage in Belgrade. "J'accuse" all those who let it happen."

My cousin said he was very disturbed watching the Youtube clips, "It was like watching a gang rape."

#5 Miss Mermaid

Miss Mermaid

miss ya kid

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 736 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 03:35 PM

A friend of mine recently said to me, "I will never forgive this execution on stage in Belgrade. "J'accuse" all those who let it happen."

My cousin said he was very disturbed watching the Youtube clips, "It was like watching a gang rape."

i disagree - it was no way near 'watching a gang rape.'

it wasnt very nice but you cant compare her being drunk/drugged on stage to a gang rape.

Edited by Miss Mermaid, 08 March 2012 - 09:46 PM.

#6 Sassy

Sassy

I’m just a very whimsical person

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 842 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 04:12 PM

It appeared as though she was desperately looking from one to the other of her bandmates for help & they all just stood there playing/smiling. 20,000 people in the audience also watched her, cheering and jeering.

YES, she was under the influence, but given the choice of taking her to hospital for treatment or 'forcing' her onstage, not once, but THREE times is simply unconscionable, IMO.

She did NOT want to perform. She was witnessed putting up a fight & resisting four BIG security guards who pushed her onstage. Look closely, you can see the fingerprint bruises on her right arm.

Were these the same security guards, who posed for a picture (?!) holding her ashes @ her funeral?

Lovely.

---------- Post added at 11:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:07 AM ----------

Gang rape? NO means NO.

#7 Miss Mermaid

Miss Mermaid

miss ya kid

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 736 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 05:23 PM

It appeared as though she was desperately looking from one to the other of her bandmates for help & they all just stood there playing/smiling. 20,000 people in the audience also watched her, cheering and jeering.

YES, she was under the influence, but given the choice of taking her to hospital for treatment or 'forcing' her onstage, not once, but THREE times is simply unconscionable, IMO.

She did NOT want to perform. She was witnessed putting up a fight & resisting four BIG security guards who pushed her onstage. Look closely, you can see the fingerprint bruises on her right arm.

Were these the same security guards, who posed for a picture (?!) holding her ashes @ her funeral?

Lovely.

---------- Post added at 11:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:07 AM ----------

Gang rape? NO means NO.

What does this mean ' As AJW’s inability to perform quickly became obvious, a de facto “kidnapping and hostage holding” incident unfolded.' i dont understand. Everything gets so blown up out of proportion.

you say that she was looking for help from band mates - they were probably embarassed themselves about the situation. i bet if they could have left that stage without any repurcussions they would have. i don't think she was - i think that she was far too drunk to care.

so many questions - i cant remember what is real or hear say from that gig last year.

is there evidence that she was pushed on staged? Bruises? we all know amys track record over self harming. i am not saying that you are incorrect but we need to look at this in a calm way.

if she was made to go on stage - maybe in her managers or whoever was in charge that nights view - wanted her to perform while not realising just what a state she was in. I am not saying that they were right to allow her to go ahead with a gig - but hindsight is such a wonderful thing. you make choices at the time and you think that you are doing the right thing.

security just do what they told. most people arent going to go against their boss's wishes (whoever that may be) they do not want to rock the boat or risk their job. it very easy to be an outsider and say 'they should have done, this, this and this' whilst not being the actual situation ourselves.

do you think if security had gone above the person in charge and pulled her away and not allowed her to perform - they would have got any thanks from it? More like being told to look for another job!

if she was made to go on stage - how did she have access to alcohol?

it isn't very nice to watch - i agree there. but i think maybe too much is made of this gig.

i disagree with you 110% about the rape - although while seeing amy in that state was horrible (but you have to remember that she had been in these bad states alot of times in the streets of camden that the public witnessed - so this wasnt a one off) there is no way this incident can be compared to forcing a woman to have sex. no way.

Edited by Miss Mermaid, 08 March 2012 - 05:28 PM.

#8 Elsie

Elsie

eek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 05:34 PM

That bodyguards rumour was denied by the girl who was misquoted saying that. Here is an article about this; http://www.b92.net/k...2&nav_id=520630

Translated:

"I did not see this with my own eyes, so the information is not reliable. I've heard it from people who were backstage that Amy was not willing to go on stage, she was not pushed on stage by her bodyguards, but she was simply in a state... everyone witnessed that, anyway."

According to her, the information was falsely translated because of the "hungry" journalist's need to send the news into office asap.

He still stands in spite of what his Mars bar says.

#9 York

York

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 06:50 PM

I confess to you, when I saw Belgrade, I was very upset and disappointed the most important thing that I myself still can not forgive. I waited a long time, when Amy returns to the scene when releasing a new album, when I get to a concert in Russia. In general, I thought how selfish and consumers are not thinking about what might have a problem with Amy, as she was difficult. So Ifind myselfin somedegreeguilty ofher death.
And that is why I also believe guilty to 200% of its surroundings, they saw but did not help, and in some aspects have contributed to the death of Amy. I'm still left with many questions about the circumstances of the death of Amy Winehouse, but I'm not going to raise this issue.

Edited by York, 08 March 2012 - 06:55 PM.

#10 Mama_Haze

Mama_Haze

Hazy Lady

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,402 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 07:18 PM

Truth has a way of outing itself... with or without help.

That's all I'm sayin'...

#11 pearljo

pearljo

♪♫♫ vaginal bleeding

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,242 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 07:51 PM

It's the saddest thing I've never watched. I could only handle 30 seconds. If I would have been the boss, I would have told the people at the venue, I don't give a fuck how you handle it but if you let her on stage your ass is grass. If my boss then came after me, I would say, with all due respect go fuck yourself. I did the right thing.

I'm only a mean guy when I'm passionate about something and if it meant unemployment at least I would know that I did the right thing. At least in my eyes.

Sons a bitches

#12 Miss Mermaid

Miss Mermaid

miss ya kid

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 736 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 07:55 PM

There is only one person to blame for the belgrade incident.
You aint gonna like it needs saying.
Amy.
She knew she had a show and she still got drunk.
I adore amy as well as anyone on here but she 27 years of age. she not a child.
End of. i wish that some fans would stop blaming everyone else that night.

Edited by Miss Mermaid, 09 March 2012 - 11:49 AM.

#13 pearljo

pearljo

♪♫♫ vaginal bleeding

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,242 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 08:03 PM

Amy, according to everything I've every read had a medical illness. Addiction is addiction and people cannot always hold back because it's a big night. They are in the grips of an illness that doesn't give a shit what you think you're going to do.

Even if was 100% her 'fault', it thereby became a higher ups responsibility to make the call and somebody fucked that up big time. I'd kick their ass personally if I knew who they were. Well, I'd try.

#14 Divine_Comedy

Divine_Comedy

Lost is just what can't be seen.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 203 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 08:13 PM

For me, I felt Belgrade was the last sign. She was so unhappy. No matter how messed up she'd gotten, she was never that off. Just seeing her on stage holding herself, seemed to reflect her feeling of despair and loneliness. This woman holds such a special place in my heart, because I know how she feels in some way. She tried to mask it with drinking, but it just made it worse. I have the same problems, always trying to get away from myself. Not many people can understand that ache, so they think she was just a mess up. She was a wonderful person that couldn't fight her bad thoughts. She tried though, she really did. Belgrade just showed the extent of the situation. I would have taken her off stage, given her a hug and said "lets go, now". It needed to be done, only because it was just so sad to see her keep going.

*and if what calls itself a world should
have the luck to hear such singing*

http://www.amywinehouseforum.co.uk/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1716&dateline=1327218895

#15 pearljo

pearljo

♪♫♫ vaginal bleeding

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,242 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 08:19 PM

So, my mothers alcoholism was right there with Amy's. I was constantly disappointed, hurt, and very angry as a kid. 'Oh, great, drunk on Christmas for the 5th year in a row, etc.'

Yes, she was disgusting and it was all her fault. Well, I mean, it was right? Well, yes and no. Yes, she took the first drink but no, it's much bigger than that now.

What I said somewhere (here?), what Amy was that night was a medical emergency. She needed help right then. She didn't need someone telling her that it was all her fault. I'm sure she was already beating herself up enough already.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users