124 replies to this topic

#16 catpuss

catpuss

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 11:15 PM

i listened to an interview mitch gave and he said Albert gardens in the east end is where cynthia's ashes were scattered and it was his favourite place, and Amy went there as a child.so maybe they scattered them there?

#17 ancre

ancre

Just friends

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,253 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 04:39 PM

Hello, this is somethin important for those who would like to lay a tribute to Amy in Camden:

With the approval of the Winehouse family and her management company, flowers and tributes in and around Camden Square will be removed by Camden Council.

Cards and tributes will be passed onto the Winehouse family while flowers will either be composted at Waterlow Park or distributed around the care homes of Camden.

(Camden Council spokesman for London24.com)
  • Love is a losing game likes this

#18 moodyedge

moodyedge

Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 04:39 PM

Well I sit here.....feeling very sad about what I am going to be saying. I really admired Amy Winehouse. Sadly I never got to see her perform. Im going to London on monday and to camden square...also some of the pubs she used to hang around in a lot too. Im going to go and probably sit on the curb outside her house, listen to her music and cry into my hands. I already feel like it's going to be very upsetting but Im upset anyway.

Sadly two of my idols passed away in 2011 Gary Moore then Amy Winehouse and then in November the love of my life left me so listening to Amy Winehouse's music now really hits home on many levels.

I wish I was down there on thursday because her dad is singing in a club down there. Id be in tears seeing that too. A week earlier and Id have got to see that too.

Does anybody know of the location where I could go and pay my respects other than Camden Square?

I also plan to visit the location of the Back to Black video aswell. I feel going to her house is as close as I can get...It's such a terrible shame.

If I left a card anywhere would it get binned or would it make it to her dad?

I really want to lay one black rose in Camden Square...I just hope that doesnt get binned also. It's likely it would.

:grumpy:

Edited by moodyedge, 24 April 2012 - 05:05 PM.

#19 northernsky

northernsky

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 06:24 PM

If I left a card anywhere would it get binned or would it make it to her dad?

I really want to lay one black rose in Camden Square...I just hope that doesnt get binned also. It's likely it would.

:grumpy:

The trees opposite the house have kinda like bamboo canes tied round them now, to stop people writing on the bark. But you can still stick pieces of paper or flowers into the gaps. They get passed directly to Amy by thought process (I think) :heart:

#20 moodyedge

moodyedge

Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 07:55 PM

The trees opposite the house have kinda like bamboo canes tied round them now, to stop people writing on the bark. But you can still stick pieces of paper or flowers into the gaps. They get passed directly to Amy by thought process (I think) :heart:

Man..I feel so sad..It's really bringing the sadness to the surface....It was already there with everything else but the more I think about standing there on my own in front of her house the more it gets to me. Ive really got mixed emotions about the idea now.

Music has always been very, very close to my heart and I am very particular about what I listen to.

Ive watched endless amounts of live performance videos on youtube since...I always would anyway before this happened quietly hoping she would get better. It really filled me up when Id watch these videos. Theres a few that blow my mind and I just shake my head in amazement while watching them. That voice...It was unreal. It went straight through me.

I felt so pleased to hear that she was possibly getting better and was excited to hear the news that she had even been writing new material and with the prospect of a new album release in the future and maybe even the chance to see her live I must say it was something I had been very much looking forward to and have been for quite a long time. Sadly when I received news of what happened my heart just sank like a stone.

Maybe the press will finally leave her alone now, the bunch of crude, vile, small-minded, vindictive, despicable fu ckers and that goes for all the people Ive seen on tv panel shows having a pop at her and everybody lapping it up.

Laughing at human suffering is unforgiveable but sadly it seems to be what the so called tabloid news papers are about.

Call me 'sensitive' but when people I admire die, it does have quite an affect.

I get a lump in my throat everytime I see her dad on tv...I considered going to London on thursday to see him perfom thursday night. I think her dad really tried to help her and that was obvious. She was clearly the light of his life.

Amy Winehouse, an immense talent, a troubled soul, a beautiful black rose of which the petals sadly fell off :-(

Edited by moodyedge, 24 April 2012 - 10:10 PM.

#21 keiweisoup

keiweisoup

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 11:22 PM

amy was a free spirit. it makes no sense for there to be a grave. lmao i love her!

#22 moodyedge

moodyedge

Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 12:32 AM

I might go to the Abney Park Cemetery too while Im down there and stand where the scenes of the back to black video were shot showing Amy. That will feel strange but I think I want to go.

This was behind the chapel. As seen on the official video on the vevo channel on youtube skip to 3 mins 40 sec.

Edited by moodyedge, 25 April 2012 - 11:16 AM.

#23 Miss Mermaid

Miss Mermaid

miss ya kid

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 736 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 09:23 AM

i dont think the ashes have been scattered yet.

my brother knows her first cousin - i havent seen him for a couple months but when i do - i will ask if he knows what will happen with regard to that.

#24 Amy Jenna Harper

Amy Jenna Harper

Amy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,751 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 06:35 PM

i dont think the ashes have been scattered yet.

my brother knows her first cousin - i havent seen him for a couple months but when i do - i will ask if he knows what will happen with regard to that.

Wow,let us know :D

One name,one word : Amy <3
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#25 Birdieava

Birdieava

Never miss a night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,453 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 08:10 AM

Hi everyboby,
Tomorrow I will leave to London.
Somebody knows if there is the Amy's grave in the
Edgwarebury Cemetery?
I would like to bring some flowers!

Thanks,

hi moira!
i have the same questions...s

and when i go to london in the future, i also would like to pay respect....

here is what i have found:o

source:

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1561881/bio

Amy Winehouse died at the age of 27, on 23 July 2011, in her London Home. She was cremated at Golders Green Crematorium and her ashes were laid to rest in Edgwarebury Jewish Cemetery in London, United Kingdom. Her death caused considerable mourning worldwide.

"I must be a mermaid. I have no fear of depths and a great fear of shallow living."

- Anais Nin 

#26 Miss Mermaid

Miss Mermaid

miss ya kid

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 736 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 10:49 AM

hi moira!
i have the same questions...s

and when i go to london in the future, i also would like to pay respect....

here is what i have found:o

source:

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1561881/bio

Amy Winehouse died at the age of 27, on 23 July 2011, in her London Home. She was cremated at Golders Green Crematorium and her ashes were laid to rest in Edgwarebury Jewish Cemetery in London, United Kingdom. Her death caused considerable mourning worldwide.

i do think this in incorrect - her ashes are still with the family i think.

#27 Birdieava

Birdieava

Never miss a night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,453 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 08:03 AM

Thanku Julie! It's a.huge.website,,,,so I began to.wonder about this too! I understand. Her spirit is free, and its everywhere,,,,I must remind myself sometimes. XO

#28 Miss Mermaid

Miss Mermaid

miss ya kid

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 736 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 09:04 AM

Thanku Julie! It's a.huge.website,,,,so I began to.wonder about this too! I understand. Her spirit is free, and its everywhere,,,,I must remind myself sometimes. XO

she always with us -with the music she left us.

#29 ancre

ancre

Just friends

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,253 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 09:37 AM

Some update on that (from "Grazia UK"):

The late singer's father said that he had not been able to scatter his daughter's ashes but that he had managed to replace the image in his head of her lifeless body with that of her laughing.
"I haven't even been able to scatter Amy's ashes following her cremation.
I've still got her ashes and my mum Cynthia's. At some point we'll do something with them and they'll be together."

"I trust my instincts, and that’s what has got me where I am, y’know?" (Amy)

#30 AMYstery

AMYstery

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 01:31 PM

http://www.bbcameric...hes-are-buried/

Amy Winehouse’s Ashes Are Buried

By Brigid Brown | Posted on Monday,
September 17th, 2012

Amy Winehouse is laid to rest.

Approximately 70 mourners gathered to support Amy Winehouse’s family as they said a final goodbye to their late daughter by burying her ashes, reports Marie Claire UK.
The iconic singer’s ashes were placed in a grave next to a dedicated memorial plot. Her family arranged for a black headstone to be placed in the site, with pink writing according to multiple reports. The stone also pays honor to Amy’s Grandmother, Cynthia Levy.
Winehouse passed away a little over a year ago reportedly due to alcohol poisoning.
Her father, Mitch Winehouse, said he wanted everyone to remember his daughter’s “short but dynamic” life at the Jewish ceremony held in Edgeware, North London.
Friday, September 14 would have been Amy’s 29th birthday — her family commemorated the anniversary with her fans via the Amy Winehouse Foundation website, posting a note:
“Whilst the world continues to mourn the loss of a true superstar, her family – first and foremost – remember the daughter, niece and sister that is no longer with them.”

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: amy winehoouse, cemetery, grave, london

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users