124 replies to this topic

#31 Johanna

Johanna

What Kind Of Fuckery Is This?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 374 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 01:11 PM

On witch day this happened ? Was it on Sunday 16 or Saturday 15 ? Mayby the day of her birth 14 ?

Edited by Johanna, 19 September 2012 - 03:19 PM.

#32 amylove

amylove

<3

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,480 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 03:33 PM

^I think 16th

#33 zAMYz

zAMYz

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 04:37 PM

ooh, I just got a weards and scarry feeling..I was reading about all the ashes of amy and scrolled down, and saw Winehouse8327 picture with amy..and then it was like- she now is only ashes, that face is ashes now, fu** that was scarrry. bad thinking my mind, bad thinking..

#34 Mint

Mint

This me

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 275 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 09:39 PM

It is hard to compute that she will remain in one place, forever.
Though I suppose her spirit has left that vessel now. Knowing Amy, her spirit is probably down in Camden where she left it.
  • smilingsamurai likes this

#35 Jayne

Jayne

Never miss a night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,943 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 03:03 PM

Just found pictures of her gravestone:

http://www.tmz.com/2...ger-gravestone/
Jayne, proud to be a member of Amy Winehouse Forum since Jul 2007.

#36 LRock10288

LRock10288

You Got To Call The Green Man

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 489 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 03:12 PM

Wow, their stone is beautiful.

#37 W1nEh0use

W1nEh0use

We only said goodbye with words ....

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 03:18 PM

I can never accept the link between a commemorative gravestone and an actual person.

She was (and always will be) a beautiful vibrant woman with so much life and talent to share with the world.

Whereas that is a rather impressive piece of marble with some nice lettering in a pretty shade of pink.

But I can't and won't ever make the connection - because she lives on forever in the hearts and souls of millions.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Dido will kill you!"

#38 amylove

amylove

<3

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,480 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 03:37 PM

It's beautiful. Tears are flowing though.

I know it's a family memorial but I can't help but wish her lyrics were on there... I guess she was family first, music second... but she was such a true artist, I don't know..

Has anyone else seen the name list before on gravestones?

Another thought: It blows my mind how when after you die someone in your family could go on to be an important person/icon of some sort. It kind of makes me sad Cynthia never saw Amy get big.. but maybe somehow she already knew she would be.

Edited by allisost, 21 September 2012 - 06:10 PM.

#39 melnyk

melnyk

The Lighthouse Keeper

• Administrators
  • 1,471 posts
  • Location🇺🇦 Ukraine 🇺🇦

Posted 21 September 2012 - 03:45 PM

But I can't and won't ever make the connection - because she lives on forever in the hearts and souls of millions.

There are nothing to add, I just can't agree with you in silence. So, if you won't mind, I will express my consent with these simple words: you're truer than true. Amy's work and her life are the monument which is much more solid than any marble or diamond. It's everywhere - wherever and whenever you want.

V.Melnyk

#40 JackofHearts

JackofHearts

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 03:20 AM

Anyone else wonder why Juliette Ashby was left off the list of friends of Amy? Mitch always seems to leave her name out of things, like how she was rarely mentioned in the book.
Did they have some sort of falling out?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#41 Yuni13eunice

Yuni13eunice

Yuni,Yuni,Yuni&Yuni

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 05:30 AM

It's beautiful. Tears are flowing though.

I know it's a family memorial but I can't help but wish her lyrics were on there... I guess she was family first, music second... but she was such a true artist, I don't know..

Has anyone else seen the name list before on gravestones?

Another thought: It blows my mind how when after you die someone in your family could go on to be an important person/icon of some sort. It kind of makes me sad Cynthia never saw Amy get big.. but maybe somehow she already knew she would be.

OH believe me, Cynthia knew she will be big AND she even knew the fate of Amy. According to Daphne's book about how Amy attempted to read her tarot cards and she got frustrated. Daphne asked Amy why she was frustrating she responded that she is trying to do tarot reading but she couldn't see nothing. Daphne asked her what she meant, Amy responds that her nan knew it and she couldn't see anything as well.

#42 Winehouse8327

Winehouse8327

One I wish I never played...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 05:50 AM

Wtf ? It doesn't do justice to Amy that have ''forgotten'' to mention Blake. I mean, Back To Black is fully based on him. Why Reg is on this list if Blake is not there? Totally unfair. I don't understand and I'm quite shocked.

I fall in love everyday !
Not with people, but with situations...

Posted Image

#43 Ace of Hearts

Ace of Hearts

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 219 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 08:45 AM

(I though i'd move my post over to here in the appropriate thread.)

I think the list is a bit of a kick in the teeth for some.

Notable absences have already been highlighted by others here - Juliette and Hesh. Obviously Blake too (but I don't think anyone would have EVER expected his name to appear there).

I'm upset for Juliette though. No matter what happens in the course of life, i think in death, all bets are off when it comes to relationships like that. I find it incredibly sad that she was omitted from the list. You can't just rub out her life long friendship, even if they did have a falling out for what would have been a millisecond in the entirerity of Amy's life. I mean, they knew each other since they were four and Mitch spoke somewhat favourably about her in his book.

I just don't get it sometimes...

#44 Mama_Haze

Mama_Haze

Hazy Lady

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,402 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 10:34 AM

Hmm... some notable omissions from the names list, as has been said. And maybe one or two that I'm surprised to see there....

#45 Johanna

Johanna

What Kind Of Fuckery Is This?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 374 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 10:55 AM

Hmm... some notable omissions from the names list, as has been said. And maybe one or two that I'm surprised to see there....

Oh Mama_Haze , i'm so glad THERE IS a gravestone and a burial site of Amy and her ashes was NOT scattered on unknown place . :heart: Please tell us WHERE the exact location of the cemetary where the gravestone is !

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: amy winehoouse, cemetery, grave, london

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users