64 replies to this topic

#16 Winehouse8327

Winehouse8327

One I wish I never played...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 05:03 PM

Yes, the Camden Square house is a beauty!

Did you ever see the inside? I have never seen any pictures so I wonder. But I know that Amy had done so many renovations that must be different from what it was before.

I fall in love everyday !
Not with people, but with situations...

Posted Image

#17 October Song

October Song

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 06:07 PM

No, sadly I haven't seen inside. Amy had really good taste and liked 'vintage' so I doubt she'd have overseen too many unnecessary aesthetic alterations. Though such a house wouldn't be rare enough to qualify for legal protection (especially in terms of its interior), I'd be surprised if the house wasn't pretty much original throughout. The work she had done, installing a gym and recording studio was probably done in the basement and attic space as they're the obvious places for such use. I have seen very few pictures of Amy at the Camden Square house. There's the one posted in the pics for fun thread a few weeks ago of her standing at the gate with her bodyguard, holding a large book and there's a couple from when she moved in. One shows that the house retains it's original vestibule and ceramic tiled floor just beyond the front door. These indicate that the house overall has mercifully escaped being ripped out by interior modernisers, as sadly happened to many such houses in the 1970s and 1980s.

#18 Winehouse8327

Winehouse8327

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 06:21 PM

when she moved in.

Thank you. I do not think I've seen pictures where she moved in. I will try to find them. Thank you for the explanation. It's true that Amy had good taste. (her jewelry, her clothes, her hair ... her house interior had to do justice to the rest I think).

Posted Image

#19 Amy Jenna Harper

Amy Jenna Harper

Amy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,751 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 08:28 PM

I think I read somewhere that is the square most expensive in Camden :P

One name,one word : Amy <3
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#20 October Song

October Song

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 08:55 PM

I think I read somewhere that is the square most expensive in Camden :P

Not sure. There are some very, very expensive places around the fringes of Camden, places like Primrose Hill, a real celebrity hot-spot where house prices would greatly exceed 2-3 million. You could say that there's CAMDEN and then there's Camden, the neighbourhood proper and the wider borough. The Square might well be the most expensive part of Camden proper but like I say, there's other, far more up-market places on the fringes. Many celebrities (musicians in particular) have been mocked for claiming to live in 'Camden' when they in fact, strictly speaking, live in the far more up-market Primrose Hill or similar surrounding areas.

#21 Vivian

Vivian

Noob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 03:59 PM

Hi, I am just seeing this now... thank you for posting it!
So, I sent a message requesting a key to have the tour on #25 Prowse Place... the older Amy's house! Do you think they will send me the key? xx

#22 Winehouse8327

Winehouse8327

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 04:24 PM

Hi, I am just seeing this now... thank you for posting it!
So, I sent a message requesting a key to have the tour on #25 Prowse Place... the older Amy's house! Do you think they will send me the key? xx

Hmm. I don't know. I also tried but I don't have the Outlook program, so it doesn't work. :( Also, I don't think that having a key is so easy. Maybe we have to pay. If not, I wouldn't see the usefulness of imposing one. ^^ Well, if you get one as easily, let me know and I'll download Outlook on my computer! :)

Posted Image

#23 Uno

Uno

It's bricked up in my head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,920 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 01:22 AM

This is the only photo I can remember seeing that looks like it was taken inside of her Prowse Place house. The first time I saw this photo, I remember that there was a caption that said it was taken after she came home from an awards show, but I can't find that page now to see what awards show it was to verify the date the photo was taken.

Posted Image
Amy, if you are up there listening, thank you for sharing the incredible soundtracks of your life ...

#24 Winehouse8327

Winehouse8327

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 11:34 AM

@Uno : Thank you. I saw this picture a million times but I never made ​​the connection. Anyway, I couldn't have without having seen the pictures from the top. ^^ This is the stairs that I recognized first ! Thanks again xox

These two pictures are also inside. I recognize the photos with Blake.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#25 Elsie

Elsie

eek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 12:51 AM

edit: whoops wrong thread

He still stands in spite of what his Mars bar says.

#26 cez

cez

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 03:34 AM

I love Prowse Place, I don't know why... Her bests (and worst) times were there.

#27 Miss Mermaid

Miss Mermaid

miss ya kid

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 736 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 09:07 AM

thought of you lot this morning. not sure if you know but there are two train stations in camden. i used to use the main tube station but it is cheaper to use camden road instead.
anyway i am trying out using camden road this week and this morning as i got out of the station and was walking to work i look up at a road sign and it reads 'PROWSE PLACE'
i havent been there in four years so i didnt realise how near it was to the camden road station.
i was thinking: AMY YOU ARE EVERYWHERE!!
there is another way i can walk to work but it takes longer - somedays i may take the longer route - as i dont always want to be reminded that she isn't with us anymore.

---------- Post added at 10:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:05 AM ----------

I love Prowse Place, I don't know why... Her bests (and worst) times were there.

what about the flat around the corner that she lived 2006-2007 with the gates. most fans forget about that place. i got a soft spot for that place even though i never met her there - she looked lovely during that era.

#28 JamaicaAndSpain

JamaicaAndSpain

There's this ache in my chest

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,117 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 10:01 AM

[MENTION=1041]julieannboo[/MENTION], what's the address of that place? The one with the gates...
>:-( "These tears won't dry without you, Amy." >:-(

#29 Miss Mermaid

Miss Mermaid

miss ya kid

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 736 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 10:34 AM

[MENTION=1041]julieannboo[/MENTION], what's the address of that place? The one with the gates...

i cant remember but you cant miss it if you visit prowse place.

#30 JamaicaAndSpain

JamaicaAndSpain

There's this ache in my chest

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,117 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 10:43 AM

Thanks anyway! :)
>:-( "These tears won't dry without you, Amy." >:-(

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users