Photo
- - - - -

Make you feel my love - Adele sing for Amy.

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 Winehouse8327

Winehouse8327

One I wish I never played...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 03:02 PM

I don't know if this has already been posted but if so, you can delete. Adele makes a tribute to Amy Winehouse on her DVD. If I remember correctly, it was the song that Amy preferred to those of Adele. Am I wrong?

Edited by Winehouse8327, 14 April 2012 - 03:57 PM.

I fall in love everyday !
Not with people, but with situations...

Posted Image

#2 Mrs. Jones

Mrs. Jones

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,322 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 10:09 PM

If I remember correctly, it was the song that Amy preferred to those of Adele. Am I wrong?

That's interesting, I always wondered if Amy listened to Adele and what she thought of her. Do you know if Amy speaks about Adele at all in interviews?

#3 Winehouse8327

Winehouse8327

One I wish I never played...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 10:40 PM

No sorry I just know that this song was her favorite from Adele. I don't even remember where I read that :S

I fall in love everyday !
Not with people, but with situations...

Posted Image

#4 Mrs. Jones

Mrs. Jones

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,322 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 11:21 PM

no worries, it makes sense though, as i always wondered why adele dedicated that song in particular to her...

#5 amylove

amylove

<3

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,480 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 05:43 PM

My guess is Amy liked this song because it was a Bob Dylan song originally and she talked about listening to his music growing up.

#6 Jmoney

Jmoney

Mr. Magic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,178 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 11:17 PM

cool, Adele is great

#7 amylove

amylove

<3

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,480 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 02:59 AM

You know, I don't really like Adele (personality wise)... to me she seems rougher/not as classy as Amy. Amy had the tattoos, addictions, etc... but Adele seems more unrefined? I'm not sure what it is. Maybe it's just me. But people will talk about Adele like she's an angel and they'll see Amy as a troubled drug addict, etc. and I find that Amy was so much charming... even when she was swearing, ha.

#8 Jmoney

Jmoney

Mr. Magic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,178 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 07:45 AM

Its weird because im a fan of both but I Prefer Amy because shes more "rougher" as far as her lyrics and all around persona, not talking about the drugs, just her image, how honest and real she was in her music, to me adele is more "classy", as far as her music and how laid back she is, Amys style was just so awsome to me, from her lyrics to her appearance. Amy was the best for sure

Edited by Jmoney, 23 June 2012 - 07:51 AM.

#9 amylove

amylove

<3

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,480 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 12:30 PM

I think you're right... I just have a soft spot for Amy ;) Adele seems like a big goofball to me, and Amy was just pure wit. I never watch Adele interviews because her personality doesn't do much for me. It must be she's lacking that "real" factor. I just think seeing Adele as classy (obviously her music is not brutal like Amy's) is overload for me... she's just as crude and rough as Amy (maybe more so) when you take off all the glam. I guess I just see Adele as more overbearing and abrasive. I can't even explain it. I shouldn't be comparing anyway, but it makes me sad that Amy was never big in the US like Adele... I feel like I missed 80% of her existence.

#10 craigaah

craigaah

Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 01:46 PM

[MENTION=2636]allisost[/MENTION] I used to think the same. Especially when everyone was comparing Adele to Amy.. ESPECIALLY WHEN EVERYONE was comparing Adele to Amy after she had passed. I didn't understand. But after I read interviews with Adele and watched interviews with Adele I can see some similarities. Very distant similarities, but there's something there.

I think Amy and Adele are very different artists. I've said to a lot of people - Adele is the kind of artist that can appeal to the greater public because her thoughts are very "young adult". Because Adele uses very literal meanings in her songs. Whereas Amy would use, and for lack of a better word, "in your face" lyrics. Because Amy was such an old soul.

#11 Elsie

Elsie

eek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 02:54 PM

Maybe it's the accent. Her accent is really rough, do people in North London really speak that hard Cockney? Otherwise, idk, there was always something about her that put me off. I can't really explain it. She might be really lovely though, it's just my silly impression.

He still stands in spite of what his Mars bar says.

#12 amylove

amylove

<3

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,480 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 03:15 PM

I thought Amy's accent was rough? Lol. I just think Adele acts ridiculous/over the top all the time. Like "omg, I said a curse word!" and her laugh.... don't get me started with that laugh. I actually like her speaking/singing voice though. I just don't get why everyone is so drawn to her. Oh, I'm sure Adele's lovely... but I couldn't be around her for more than a minute ;)

Amy's accent "most hated":
http://www.telegraph...ed-accents.html

Edited by allisost, 23 June 2012 - 03:29 PM.

#13 Elsie

Elsie

eek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 05:36 PM

"The Geordie accents of Cheryl Cole, the singer, and TV presenters Ant and Dec were voted as the best."

Oh please! Probably voted by the same people who vote on X Factor.
Yeah Amy also spoke in a Cockney accent, although hers sounded more natural to me. Even though, neither of them are Cockneys really? They both grew up in North London in middle class families...
Her demeanour is sort of like one of your typical sassy aunts or grannies, I always thought :D
But on topic, this tribute was actually lovely.

#14 amylove

amylove

<3

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,480 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 05:48 PM

Yeah, oops I sidetracked a lot. It's still sort of about Adele.

I think Amy's Jewish background affected her accent/personality a lot too. But I love it, even her slightly off grammar, very charming! I don't know why everyone has to sound a certain way; accents/dialects are great!
I don't think Adele came from middle class though... wasn't she just raised by her mom and on welfare at some point? I could be wrong. But I think she just talks fast and her words come out in a jumble it seems.

P.S. (haha) tribute made me cry the 1st time I watched it!

#15 Elsie

Elsie

eek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 06:24 PM

Yeah, oops I sidetracked a lot. It's still sort of about Adele.

I think Amy's Jewish background affected her accent/personality a lot too. But I love it, even her slightly off grammar, very charming! I don't know why everyone has to sound a certain way; accents/dialects are great!

I never said they weren't :P Just think theirs was a bit affected.
I love Amy's accent though, affected or not. Her 'rough' one has become a lot easier on the ears for me than the posh one you hear on TV, cos when you visit the UK you realize no one really talks like that...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users