110 replies to this topic

#16 Mr Hathaway

Mr Hathaway

Camden town ain't burnin' down

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 11:37 PM

It's believable that Amy was a little disappointed in herself, because she did have a lot of anger/hate that she directed towards herself. Adele is more famous than Amy because she is relatively clean-cut and her songs are pure, in a way. But they lack any real depth, in my opinion.

If this is true (why would he come out with this so late?), but even if it isn't, it's equally disrespectful and is something he should have kept to himself, it was unnecessary and Amy cannot defend herself, and it could only make Adele feel bad. I really think he should keep his mouth shut.
Just a fellow fan of the supremely talented songstress, Amy Jade Winehouse.

#17 deesoulbabe

deesoulbabe

Noob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 01:02 AM

I loved Amy. I like Adele. But IMO Amy was unique whereas Adele is comercial. Jumped up Ronson can say what h wants. he is just a money machine bleeding real artistes dry. I would love Amy back. I miss her so much. I hate Blake but Amy made her own life choices. At the end she was a talent lost. God bless Amy. RIP. Adele. Well go girl and good luck. Live the moment.

#18 xxGodisLovexx

xxGodisLovexx

Psalm 46:10

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 05:29 AM

Honestly if you even compare Amy and Adele to me in my opinion their is no putting them two together.
Now that Adele has reached fame i feel she is commercialized and it's funny how people always say omg!! that girl can sing!
than i bring up Amy . Yeah you think she can sing? Listen To Amy.
But Amy shouldn't have worried if that was the case. Her fans would of stood behind her.
How i did through the beginning and end. In my opinion no one compares to Amy and honestly Adele yeah that girl has a good voice but
i just don't know. There is something about her that i can't grasp. She doesn't fascinate me whats so ever. NO OFFENCE. But yeah i know in the industry you have a lot of competition. But for Mark to bring this up now?! I guess...

John 17:25-26 “Righteous Father, though the world does not know you, I know you, and they know that you have sent me. I have made you known to them, and will continue to make you known in order that the love you have for me may be in them and that I myself may be in them.”

#19 Mrs. Jones

Mrs. Jones

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,322 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 08:40 AM

As @Cecilia pointed out, it's lazy journalism to compare them: 2 london chicks who went to performing art schools, write their own lyrics and music, and wrote two albums very young about breakups...that's as far as the comparison goes.

I think there are contradictions in some of the stuff said above. We know for a fact that Amy's fame is due in part to her behaviour and being in the tabloids. She attracted a lot of attention by being a bad girl (how many poeple admit to not realising she was talented until she was dead?). She was even in the tabloids here in France BEFORE Rehab came out. French people would read the gossip magazines and see pictures of 'some english singer' looking very drunk and anorexic, with before and after pix, without having ever heard her music before!!
So you can't say that Adele is more famous because she is more clean-cut and 'conservative', as we know that one way of becoming famous is to be in the papers all the time. At the time when Amy was on the rise with B2B, a lot of her peers were angry at her and accused her of being a rebel and appearing drunk in public and always being in the papers, just to sell more albums (see Jamelia for example). Amy herself once said in an interview that if someone read that she had just punched someone and thought "that girl's nuts, that's cool, I'll go buy her album", that she was OK with that.
Adele is now very famous, but it's not for being a goodie-two-shoes (and we know she likes to drink). Contrarily to Amy, she actually hates the paparazzi and often drinks indoors, with her mum or friends, because she doesn't want to be seen. I reckon the reason why she's so famous is probably because her music reaches a wider audience (something you, your parents and grand-parents can listen to).
She's a telented singer/song-writer who also writes honest lyrics and catchy songs, is very much herself (despite being a big star, she still speaks in the same way, with her cockney accent, swearing all the time) and confident with her body image. I can completely understand why Amy would feel threatened by her.

I don't think it's mean at all for Mark Ronson to say that about Amy now that she's gone. A huge amount of people are still trying to understand why there never was a third album. He knows that a lot of people need an explanation, and telling us, amist all the other shit Amy was going through, that she had lost confidence and was uneasy about Adele's popularity and fame...well, I'm glad he did. Because now I feel that I'm one step closer to understanding what Amy might have been going through. It makes sense to me, so yeah, I do believe it, why else would he mention it. It's not even disrespectful, and I think a lot of us wondered whether Amy was doubting herself, and deep down, I always suspected that she might have a problem with other people's success.

Amy once said in an interview: "I'm very proud of my album, and if someone else had written it, I would have been jealous". So I think it's very possible that with all the pressure (mostly from herself who was her worst critic) to write an excellent 3rd album, she was a little jealous of other people writing good songs...

#20 ladyamy

ladyamy

No Greater Love Than What I Feel For You

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,191 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 09:03 AM

That made me laugh like mad. The greatest artist ever upset by the success of someone called "the new Amy" when she doesn't have a 1% of the talent she had? I don't think it is true. Besides, Amy wasn't a jealous person at all. Adele is just a pop singer, a good one, but a pop singer after all. Amy is a jazz and soul legend, even far superior to all those people she admired, so Adele is no rival for her at all. In a few years (and I mean no offense to Adele's fans, but you know it's true) Adele's music will be forgotten, while Amy's music will be even more recognised that it is now.
Anyway, I think it's rude to say this now. Very disappointed, Mark
I’m a firm believer that we all meet up in eternity

#21 GoBackToBlack

GoBackToBlack

Noob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 09:14 AM

I really despise Adele. And i know this isnt a bash Adele thread, but there really is no comparison. Adeles songs (except rumor has it) just annoy me to no end. And i think i only like that song cause when i was in jail i heard it so much. Hell, it made me even like Stronger by Kelly Clarkson, i mean i was obviously delusional.
But anyway, Adele's incredibly overrated. -.-

#22 marjolein

marjolein

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 09:37 AM

Yes, Nobody can sing with so much feeling, nobody can move me to tears , only Amy can. Even when her voice was too raw sometimes the emotion always was there. So much hurt, so much soul in her voice. Adele is a good singer, but she doesnt, do anything for me.
You hear her songs so often it really starts to annoy me. I can never get enough of Amy's music though.

#23 Mrs. Jones

Mrs. Jones

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,322 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 10:17 AM

That made me laugh like mad. The greatest artist ever upset by the success of someone called "the new Amy" when she doesn't have a 1% of the talent she had? I don't think it is true. Besides, Amy wasn't a jealous person at all. Adele is just a pop singer, a good one, but a pop singer after all. Amy is a jazz and soul legend, even far superior to all those people she admired, so Adele is no rival for her at all. In a few years (and I mean no offense to Adele's fans, but you know it's true) Adele's music will be forgotten, while Amy's music will be even more recognised that it is now.
Anyway, I think it's rude to say this now. Very disappointed, Mark

yeah sure, but the point isn't whether YOU believe that Amy was better than Adele, but whether or not Amy felt threatened by Adele. You really think Amy was so self-confident and arrogant that she knew she was the best?

No, weknow Amy was the best, but unfortunately I don't think she believed it. She was way too critical of herself.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nIwWsZeja4Q

#24 Iulian

Iulian

against, not cause I believe it. just fun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,856 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 12:20 PM

Oh, Mark boy, what happened? No one pays attention to you anymore so you embrace the name "Amy Winehouse" again? Poor poor thing, that you are.

IMO, adele belongs next to everything you see now in top 40. she is a pop singer, with a damn good voice. Amy was pure soul and jazz. adele jumped in the "oh my god, I have so much soul" train that came after Amy's success, the kind of "artist" who releases a record every 2 years. how much did she write of her own stuff, again?

too harsh, bad day, i know..

Edited by Iulian, 16 May 2012 - 02:10 PM.
bad words hurt kids around here. fuckers

#25 Elsie

Elsie

eek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 12:58 PM

yeah sure, but the point isn't whether YOU believe that Amy was better than Adele, but whether or not Amy felt threatened by Adele. You really think Amy was so self-confident and arrogant that she knew she was the best?

Oh, I think she was in the early Frank days. She never wanted to be put in the same category as the jazzy pop stars that were in at the moment because she knew she was more than that. I don't think she was insecure at the time Duffy and Adele followed in her footsteps with the retro thing for the same reason. I think Amy wasn't so insecure about her music and I don't really believe she was intimidated with the competition at that time, at all.
However, when she started her recovery and decided to make a new album, I agree she must have felt very pressured after seeing Adele win 3 Brits and 8 Grammys. More than Amy ever did. She might say she didn't care about the awards, but after seeing all that success and recognition happen to someone else when it could have been hers, it couldn't have been pleasant. I think it's more to do with knowing she had the capacity of creating something amazing for a long time and didn't, than having a grudge for Adele.

He still stands in spite of what his Mars bar says.

#26 SoulRehab

SoulRehab

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 01:30 PM

how much did she write of her own stuff, again?

Actually, this question interests me too.

#27 Mr Hathaway

Mr Hathaway

Camden town ain't burnin' down

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 01:36 PM

She might say she didn't care about the awards, but after seeing all that success and recognition happen to someone else when it could have been hers, it couldn't have been pleasant. I think it's more to do with knowing she had the capacity of creating something amazing for a long time and didn't, than having a grudge for Adele.

I agree, I think she realized how much she could have created in the time that she wasted not writing music or even recording. And then when she tried to start again, all of the memories sort of piled back onto her.. and it was just too much.
Just a fellow fan of the supremely talented songstress, Amy Jade Winehouse.

#28 Winehouse8327

Winehouse8327

One I wish I never played...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 01:48 PM

I will speak to those who criticize Mark. What is your problem? He didn't say anything nasty. You ignore the context in which these words were said, these have actually been spoken in this way and why.

What's wrong? You refuse to believe that Amy could have doubts? Perhaps she was jealous? Amy was a strong woman to have remained alive despite all that shit so many years but on the other hand, she was one of the most fragile women that I know. She was afraid of many things. She think she was not pretty, she saw only 40% of her talent and she did not feel loved because she was surrounded by so much love that she could not believe it.

I feel that some fans don't want to hear the truth. Mark simply said the things you refuse to believe because you deny. I don't understand those who accuse, Mark, Alex, Mitch, Blake, Pete ... To believe that Amy has never made ​​the right choice. To believe that she was an idiot who never took the right decisions.

These are people that Amy loved. People who loved her. If she could see what you write now, if she could answer it ... She would think you are pathetic and she certainly would not have to compliment you. Mark didn't say that Amy was racist, lesbian or drug dealer, he just said what she said already, that she felt ill at ease and that it was too much pressure.

I may look bitch but I'm really exhausted of people who judge without stopping, without knowing anything and without ever taking the time to look in a mirror. You think you're better just because you like Amy unconditionally (and again, it depends) on the grounds that you are registered on a forum in her honor? Well, for those who treat Mark, Blake and others of assholes, sorry my friends but you are not better than them. Them at least, know how to keep their dignity despite the horrors said about them, by people of your kind.

I suspect the answers that will follow this message. Know by cons, that Amy would probably tell you the same thing. It's crazy how some claim that they look like Amy, but don't have a bit of her understanding, her openness and her ability to forgive. Amy understood people and she needed a lot to be angry ... that's why she was loved by millions of people.

She spent her life fighting against people who criticized her choices, her life to defend her husband, her father that all the fans and the media have accused ... and you continue after her death!? Mark liked Amy as a sister. No matter what he said or not, he had no bad intentions.

PS. I'm not talking to those who don't necessarily agree with him or those who wrote it with class. I speak to those who have dealt him with bad names.

I fall in love everyday !
Not with people, but with situations...

Posted Image

#29 Elsie

Elsie

eek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 02:01 PM

I will speak to those who criticize Mark. What is your problem? He didn't say anything nasty. You ignore the context in which these words were said, these have actually been spoken in this way and why.

Because it was completely unnecessary to speak on her behalf. It makes Amy look bitter and on the other hand, he's pitting her fans against Adele (as visible here).

He still stands in spite of what his Mars bar says.

#30 Iulian

Iulian

against, not cause I believe it. just fun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,856 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 02:12 PM

No one said Amy didn't have doubts. She was human, after all, right? But Marc was a dick to say something like this, especially now after all this time. But respect is unknown to such an arrogant.

And please, stop with the "Amy Winehouse would have said, would have done, would have etc". No one knows what she could have said and done. I wish people would calm the hell down and realize we know her as a musician (more or less) and not as a person, unless someone here actually spent more than 5 minutes with her.

---------- Post added at 02:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:09 PM ----------

Winehouse’s producer Mark Ronson

I always think of Salaam as he producer hehe

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users