110 replies to this topic

#31 Winehouse8327

Winehouse8327

One I wish I never played...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 02:15 PM

Yes I understand. I don't agree with what he said either, even if I'm not angry. And especially when he said it. But that does not make him an asshole either. Why people do not act like Amy and ignore those comments.

---------- Post added at 02:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:12 PM ----------

And please, stop with the "Amy Winehouse would have said, would have done, would have etc".

Yeah I'm sorry for that. I tend to forget a little. But asshole? That's bad for nothing.

I fall in love everyday !
Not with people, but with situations...

Posted Image

#32 Iulian

Iulian

against, not cause I believe it. just fun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,856 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 02:17 PM

Because they come from people claiming she was their soulmate? If stuff like this would have come from Perez hilton, it would have meant shit, but it came from someone who was, or so it seems, close to her. look at everything ronson has done or said in the last years, claiming that B2B was the best work he did, not giving a crap that Amy wasn't ready for "it's my party" etc etc. I dont think you'd ever hear stuff like this from Salaam Remi and he did much more work for Winehouse.

Just like mitch, he need to shut the hell up

#33 Winehouse8327

Winehouse8327

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 02:22 PM

Because they come from people claiming she was their soulmates? If stuff like this would have come from Perez hilton, it would have meant shit, but it came from someone who was, or so it seems, close to her. look at everything ronson has done or said in the last years, claiming that B2B was the best work he did, not giving a crap that Amy wasn't ready for "it's my party" etc etc. I dont think you'd ever hear stuff like this from Salaam Remi and he did much more work for Winehouse.

Yes I understand your point. It's the words you choose. I know you like Amy, otherwise you would not be here. As you said, we do not know Amy as human. But Mark either. I just think it is unfair to believe and then accuse someone, simply because of the media. There is no evidence that he ever said this or he said it that way. That's all I had to say. I did not mean to be disrespectful and I do not particularly attacking anyone but I think we must try to understand, before putting the blame on someone. We understand the errors of Amy so why not everyone else?

Posted Image

#34 Iulian

Iulian

against, not cause I believe it. just fun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,856 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 02:24 PM

Don't worry, we disagree, we're not disrespectful to each other :P

#35 Winehouse8327

Winehouse8327

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 02:28 PM

Don't worry, we disagree, we're not disrespectful to each other :P

Yes ! & I know you love Amy :P

Posted Image

#36 Mrs. Jones

Mrs. Jones

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,322 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 03:25 PM

how much did she write of her own stuff, again?

Honestly, I think she writes a lot of it herself. She wrote Hometown Glory when she was 16, that song is awesome!

Honestly, I'm a HUGE fan of Amy Winehouse, she's my favourite artist, but I can also appreciate Adele in her own right. I've been listening to Adele quite a bit lately, because I thought "OK, what's all the fuss about?". Well, turns out she's good.

I love how, as Amy's fans, we have a tendency to defend her tooth and nail. But portraying Amy as a fragile being who sometimes doubted herself, particularly at a time when she was trying to get her personal life back on track, doesn' make her less talented or -godforbid - insecure, it makes her...OMG...human! :angel:

It's a shame Amy never knew how great she was, or that she had nothing to worry about in terms of competition from Adele.

Was that maybe a little bit private for Ronson to reveal? Yeah, probably. Is Ronson just using Amy's name to be talked about again? yeah, we know for a fact he often layed claim to the success of B2B ("Ronson, you're dead to me")...

But I really think everyone is making a big deal out of a soundbite, it's just a few words thrown about. Who cares?

---------- Post added at 02:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:59 PM ----------

However, when she started her recovery and decided to make a new album, I agree she must have felt very pressured after seeing Adele win 3 Brits and 8 Grammys. More than Amy ever did. She might say she didn't care about the awards, but after seeing all that success and recognition happen to someone else when it could have been hers, it couldn't have been pleasant. I think it's more to do with knowing she had the capacity of creating something amazing for a long time and didn't, than having a grudge for Adele.

Amy died before Adele got all those grammies, but I see what you mean.
I think you're right that she didn't have a grudge against Adele. I do believe that she was probably frustrated with not producing a 3rd album to follow B2B.

I've read that Amy had written 12 songs that have now been locked up and that are amazing... I say her record company should put that album out, let us all be blown away by miss Amy Winehouse one last time, let her win 10 Grammy awards, and then we can put this issue to sleep. :P

---------- Post added at 02:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:09 PM ----------

Because it was completely unnecessary to speak on her behalf. It makes Amy look bitter and on the other hand, he's pitting her fans against Adele (as visible here).

I see your point, it was useless to speak on her behalf. She never chose to share that with us while she was alive (unless she wrote a song about that we don't know about :friendlywink:)...

#37 Sassy

Sassy

I’m just a very whimsical person

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 842 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 03:26 PM

It just dishonors her, somehow. Just because you KNOW something about someone, doesn't mean you should publicize it. And for what purpose? Self-aggrandizement in Ronson's case IMO.

Too many of her friends & family have run to the 'press' with every little salacious tidbit about her.

Little soundbite? Add up all the little 'soundbites' over the years. Do you really think those little 'soundbites' didn't affect her somehow?

All her 'soulmates' coming out of the woodwork & profiting by telling her secrets. And just exactly how many 'best' friends did she have?

With friends like that...

#38 Mrs. Jones

Mrs. Jones

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,322 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 03:28 PM

I always think of Salaam as he producer hehe

True dat!

#39 ladyamy

ladyamy

No Greater Love Than What I Feel For You

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,191 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 04:01 PM

Oh, I think she was in the early Frank days. She never wanted to be put in the same category as the jazzy pop stars that were in at the moment because she knew she was more than that. I don't think she was insecure at the time Duffy and Adele followed in her footsteps with the retro thing for the same reason. I think Amy wasn't so insecure about her music and I don't really believe she was intimidated with the competition at that time, at all.
However, when she started her recovery and decided to make a new album, I agree she must have felt very pressured after seeing Adele win 3 Brits and 8 Grammys. More than Amy ever did. She might say she didn't care about the awards, but after seeing all that success and recognition happen to someone else when it could have been hers, it couldn't have been pleasant. I think it's more to do with knowing she had the capacity of creating something amazing for a long time and didn't, than having a grudge for Adele.

That's what I meant. I'm sure Amy was aware of how fucking brilliant she was. Of course I'm not saying she was arrogant because, in fact, she was incredibly down to earth, but in certain occasions, especially in the Frank days, she made comments about her talent. For example, I remember an interview where she said (not exact words) that if she heard someone with a voice like hers, she'd run and buy their album inmediately.
But again, what I wanted to say is that I don't think she felt jealous of Adele's success (mainly because she became huge short after Amy's passing) or scared that she would overshadow her. In fact, I think she didn't give a damn. I doubt she ever listened to Adele's music.
I’m a firm believer that we all meet up in eternity

#40 socubos

socubos

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 180 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 04:06 PM

Wait what does mean Amy was upset about Adele success??? Adele came when Amy was already successful star and already estabilished her grounds... plus Adele's 21 came 2011 little before Amy die, and her 19's was not much successful as Amy's Back To Black... Plus, Adele's REAL success came little after Amy's death...
Plus, We don't know if Amy was alive what she could create, i have the feeling, that if she was still alive, her 3nd album (yup the hidden one), with her guidance, would be such an international success, much more than Adele's 21....
Adele has yet to prove a lot, no matter how successful her album is...

Im sorry but i don't think Adele is more talented than Amy... Amy created an unforgettable songs, MAINLY influenced by incredible talents from the past who inspired her... While Adele is inspired by someone who dumped her...

Mark Ronson needs to shut up. He is bad luck. First Aaliyah, now Amy. he should seriously think about this...

Amy, I love you.

#41 Mrs. Jones

Mrs. Jones

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,322 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 04:34 PM

It just dishonors her, somehow. Just because you KNOW something about someone, doesn't mean you should publicize it. And for what purpose? Self-aggrandizement in Ronson's case IMO.

Too many of her friends & family have run to the 'press' with every little salacious tidbit about her.

Little soundbite? Add up all the little 'soundbites' over the years. Do you really think those little 'soundbites' didn't affect her somehow?

All her 'soulmates' coming out of the woodwork & profiting by telling her secrets. And just exactly how many 'best' friends did she have?

With friends like that...

Fair enough, I see your point, I really do. I guess I'm just not as offended by this... What counts is that it's hurting her fans, and that's not on!

#42 MDPA

MDPA

"We all become what we once hated"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 395 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 07:00 PM

If true, i would completely understand. Adele rode the wave that Amy started and got more success then Amy did, despite having a minuscule fraction of Amy's talent. Its like being beaten at your own game, even if you are genuinely better and the one who started the game.

Posted Image
Amy J. Winehouse

1983 -

#43 Just a Musician

Just a Musician

Amy's pocket

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 07:15 PM

I think he is using Amy's name too much. Now he is telling us this, why? Yeah, ok, we know you worked with Amy and we know Back to Black is a result of that collaboration, but you don't have to exploit that fact every time you get the chance and reveal what was "upseting" Amy. There are more important things in life than being on front pages of newspapers. You were her friend and what friend would reveal something like that. I mean, we can't know if it is true, Amy can't say something about it too, so stop using her name like this. It's disrespectful to her. And I don't really believe Amy would care that much about Adele.
"Behind every exquisite thing that existed, there was something tragic."

#44 Elsie

Elsie

eek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 07:19 PM

Amy died before Adele got all those grammies, but I see what you mean.

Gosh you're right, before the Brits also. Can't believe it's been almost a year she's gone. No wonder I forgot about the award shows after all those shite tributes.

He still stands in spite of what his Mars bar says.

#45 amysarmynow

amysarmynow

You Know I'm No Good

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 230 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 11:53 PM

AJW was a fierce competitor. Folks who continuously reject that fact are not giving AJW the props she deserves.

OF COURSE she was "upset" that another competitor was doing well. That is the nature of stars in the entertainment biz.

Hopefully, Mitch's book will help undo the false notions that AJW "didn't care about success." Tho, I am not optimistic.

AJW was making extremely bold moves inside of the industry at the time of her departure; on the performing side and the biz side. Had she survived her disease and completed her vision, no one would have any doubt about her desire and ability to win.

Many fans seem to think that wanting to be successful and have lots of money is a "bad" thing. It's not, unless the success/money controls/changes you; there was no danger of that happening to AJW.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users