#1 Cecilia

Cecilia

What kind of fuckery is this?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,187 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 29 May 2012 - 06:53 PM

The robe Worn by Amy in the video for "Rehab" will be auctioned at Julien's Auctions in the Sports Legends / Music Icons Auction 2012 on June 23rd/24th in Beverly Hills.

Posted Image

Some interesting info from their catalogue:

An Orange Kimono style robe worn by Amy Winehouse in her 2006 video for the song "Rehab". Made by Princesse Tam + Tam. The robe was hand picked by Winehouse and the video's director, Phil Griffin, to be worn in the video. After the Robe was chosen the location scout was assigned to find a venue that had a colour scheme of orange and brown. The video was shot at a building in london called #43 Portland Place. Accompanied by a certificate of authenticity from Tracks, a cd single of the song showing Winehouse in the Robe and photos of Winehouse in the Robe. Size 3.

$15 000
- $17 000

More info on the auction on their website:

http://www.juliensau...cons/index.html

smoke.jpg?t=1397395921

#2 LiamSullivan

LiamSullivan

I love Amy Winehouse.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 951 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 07:23 PM

Seeing this picture for the first time in a long time made my heart melt. I have no idea why, but it has really touched me.
Also, that robe is pretty!

R.I.P Amy Jade Winehouse. Once in a lifetime voice.
2r4h89d.gif

#3 amylove

amylove

<3

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,480 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 07:32 PM

Seeing this picture for the first time in a long time made my heart melt. I have no idea why, but it has really touched me.
Also, that robe is pretty!

I love the robe. It's gorgeous and she's gorgeous in it. I think that might be my favorite Amy hair too.

#4 LiamSullivan

LiamSullivan

I love Amy Winehouse.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 951 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 07:37 PM

I love the robe. It's gorgeous and she's gorgeous in it. I think that might be my favorite Amy hair too.

Yeah, her hair is great here, isn't it? I remember seeing her hair like this in the Rehab video, and then a few months later, seeing her with the beehive in the You Know I'm No Good video, I couldn't wrap my head around the fact that it was her, haha.

2r4h89d.gif

#5 amylove

amylove

<3

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,480 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 07:50 PM

Yeah, her hair is great here, isn't it? I remember seeing her hair like this in the Rehab video, and then a few months later, seeing her with the beehive in the You Know I'm No Good video, I couldn't wrap my head around the fact that it was her, haha.

I get that feeling all the time when I see her in the early years (especially interviews) where she was just normal (but ya know still fresh) and I keep wondering how she transformed herself the way she did. It kind of blows my mind actually. But you can always catch glimpses of "old" Amy and that has confirmed for me that Amy has always stayed Amy... for whatever reasons she evolved as she did and I enjoy her in the many ways she appeared!

#6 tselekoglu

tselekoglu

Amy, Amy, Amy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 727 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 08:13 PM

Why do they auction those Amy stuff? What if Mitch made a museum which is dedicted to Amy? They could've exhibited Amy's clothes, accessories, etc. so they could've made money for the foundation. Am I wrong? Also, people could've seen all Amy stuff and it would be great.
Posted Image
16 letters, 3 words, 5 syllables, 1 woman, a big talent;

Amy Jade Winehouse :missyou:

My Amy Fan Page >> http://www.facebook.com/BritLioness

My Tumblr >> http://winehouseanddelrey.tumblr.com/

#7 LiamSullivan

LiamSullivan

I love Amy Winehouse.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 951 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 08:19 PM

Why do they auction those Amy stuff? What if Mitch made a museum which is dedicted to Amy? They could've exhibited Amy's clothes, accessories, etc. so they could've made money for the foundation. Am I wrong? Also, people could've seen all Amy stuff and it would be great.

I've also been wondering why they auction so many items of her clothing. It would be lucrative, I imagine. It also would be a great experience for fans.
However, Mitch is not auctioning this dress, is he? It's Juliens auction, right? I am wondering if any of the money will go to Mitch or the foundation?

2r4h89d.gif

#8 tselekoglu

tselekoglu

Amy, Amy, Amy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 727 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 08:24 PM

I've also been wondering why they auction so many items of her clothing. It would be lucrative, I imagine. It also would be a great experience for fans.
However, Mitch is not auctioning this dress, is he? It's Juliens auction, right? I am wondering if any of the money will go to Mitch or the foundation?

Yeah, it's Julien's I think. And I'm not sure if any of the money will go to the AWF but I meant it generally, not just for this auction. And I'm glad you think like me.
Posted Image
16 letters, 3 words, 5 syllables, 1 woman, a big talent;

Amy Jade Winehouse :missyou:

My Amy Fan Page >> http://www.facebook.com/BritLioness

My Tumblr >> http://winehouseanddelrey.tumblr.com/

#9 TheCheetahwings

TheCheetahwings

Noob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 08:26 PM

I agree it should put the robe in a museum. She is a legendary artist, and in a few decades, it would be nice to be able to go and see it. Not just go to anyone that can afford it, that may do who knows what to it. But that's just my opinion.

I LOVE the robe though. It's gorgeous.

#10 amylove

amylove

<3

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,480 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 08:58 PM

I completely agree! Kind of like there's a Lucy-Desi museum (I Love Lucy)... this is what we need for Amy!! But I wish I knew how all of that worked... I would just go to see one of her t-shirts and shorts lol :)

#11 LRock10288

LRock10288

You Got To Call The Green Man

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 489 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 11:09 PM

Totally agree. She had the most GORGEOUS mane of wild, curly, black hair. The beehive might be her trademark look, but I still WAY prefer hair natural!

#12 gpozzo

gpozzo

I swear I'm gonna love you until eternity...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 647 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 01:47 AM

It bothers me so damn much all this Amy stuff being auctioned. TOTALLY agree with tselekoglu!!!
I think there are so many other ways to let her clothes, acessories and etc be enjoyed by her fans and still earn money to the Foundation. Am I being a selfish fan or anything or do other people also agree with me?

"Cuz I miss your ginger hair and the way you liked to dress."

My YouTube Channel

#13 Birdieava

Birdieava

Never miss a night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,453 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 09:34 AM

http://www.dailymail...ssport-too.html

The Princesse Tam + Tam garment was handpicked by Winehouse and the director Phil Griffin for the film.

Due to its special one-of-a-kind nature, it is
listed with a sale price of $16,000 at the high end, though it could potentially
go for even more.

Posted Image
Precious robe: The buyer of this Amy Winehouse gown will
need some retail rehab if they pay the high end price of $16,000

Posted Image
In action: The singer wearing the garment in the video for
Rehab

This is especially true given the great
outpouring of grief that followed her death from alcohol poisoning last
July.

"I must be a mermaid. I have no fear of depths and a great fear of shallow living."

- Anais Nin 

#14 ladyamy

ladyamy

No Greater Love Than What I Feel For You

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,191 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 10:51 AM

I've always adored that robe. She looked stunning on it!
I'm absolutely against auctions, though. I agree with those who have said that her stuff should be put in a museum. It's nice to raise money for the foundation, but this is not the right way at all. If you sell a dress, you get paid once. Then someone keeps it and it can't be seen again. If you put it in a museum, thousands of people over the years would pay to see it. At the end, the foundation would raise much more money, Amy's legacy would be honored and her fans would be absolutely happy. That's the right way, Mitch.
I’m a firm believer that we all meet up in eternity

#15 Amy Jenna Harper

Amy Jenna Harper

Amy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,751 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 11:37 AM

Well I guess that is for the foundation .

One name,one word : Amy <3
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users