• Please log in to reply
146 replies to this topic

#16 Courtney_Mo

Courtney_Mo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 03:07 AM

Instead of selling it, the Winehouse family should use it as a museum type thing. They should move her furniture back in and set it up the way she had it. They could move in a few of her awards, dresses, and other memorbilia. The admission they charge could benefit the foundation. Similiar things have been done with other celebrity/notable houses. Patsy Cline, Elvis, etc.

---------- Post added at 08:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:05 PM ----------

[quote name='Mr Hathaway']I'd hoped that they might turn it into a some sort of tourist attraction, a museum I guess, in dedication to her (though this might be a bit unrealistic). QUOTE]

Great minds think alike! LOL
You took my heart and played the part of little coquette. All my dreams disappeared like the smoke from a cigarette.

#17 gpozzo

gpozzo

I swear I'm gonna love you until eternity...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 647 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 03:16 AM

The house is absolutely beautiful. So sad to know that it will be no more a place to fans pay their respects to Amy and all.
Anyway, I guess it'll take some time to be sold. It's not that cheap, in the end.

"Cuz I miss your ginger hair and the way you liked to dress."

My YouTube Channel

#18 amylove

amylove

<3

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,480 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 03:24 AM

I LOVE the master bathroom! Gorgeous. This made me very sad though.

#19 LRock10288

LRock10288

You Got To Call The Green Man

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 489 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 04:01 AM

The house is absolutely beautiful. So sad to know that it will be no more a place to fans pay their respects to Amy and all.
Anyway, I guess it'll take some time to be sold. It's not that cheap, in the end.

That's a good point, though, there will be nowhere for fans to pay their respects once the house is sold. Amy doesn't have a gravestone, or a memorial of some kind (that I'm aware of), and that is very very sad :(

Since her passing, I've always thought that I'd like to lay some flowers for her when I decide to jump the pond, and now there would be no place to do that.

#20 LiamSullivan

LiamSullivan

I love Amy Winehouse.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 951 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 04:05 AM

That's a good point, though, there will be nowhere for fans to pay their respects once the house is sold. Amy doesn't have a gravestone, or a memorial of some kind (that I'm aware of), and that is very very sad :(

Since her passing, I've always thought that I'd like to lay some flowers for her when I decide to jump the pond, and now there would be no place to do that.

There have been talks of a statue being placed in Camden, however, I have not heard much about it recently. Now this statue is more greatly needed, since going to her home won't exactly work as a tribute location. I really hope they end up placing a statue in Camden so fans can place their tributes there.

R.I.P Amy Jade Winehouse. Once in a lifetime voice.
2r4h89d.gif

#21 Mr Hathaway

Mr Hathaway

Camden town ain't burnin' down

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 04:13 AM

There have been talks of a statue being placed in Camden, however, I have not heard much about it recently. Now this statue is more greatly needed, since going to her home won't exactly work as a tribute location. I really hope they end up placing a statue in Camden so fans can place their tributes there.

That would be amazing. As long as it was tasteful and really looked like and captured Amy. I plan on visiting London (I'd love to move there, but I'm poor), so I'd like for there to be somewhere I can pay tribute to her.
Just a fellow fan of the supremely talented songstress, Amy Jade Winehouse.

#22 LiamSullivan

LiamSullivan

I love Amy Winehouse.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 951 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 04:27 AM

That would be amazing. As long as it was tasteful and really looked like and captured Amy. I plan on visiting London (I'd love to move there, but I'm poor), so I'd like for there to be somewhere I can pay tribute to her.

I'd love to live there as well. I've always wanted to live there, honestly. When I'm older, I may move there!
Yeah, a statue of some sort would definitely be beneficial for many reasons.

R.I.P Amy Jade Winehouse. Once in a lifetime voice.
2r4h89d.gif

#23 Elsie

Elsie

eek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 05:05 AM

That's messed up, whatever happened to the foundation then? Are they going to sell and give out ALL of her belongings, seriously... not even a year passed.

edit: Here's the article: http://www.thesun.co...p-for-sale.html
Mitch, who bought the house with Amy for £1.8million in April 2010, confirmed it was on the market, but would not comment further.

:?

He still stands in spite of what his Mars bar says.

#24 Katausa

Katausa

♥ Kat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,453 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 06:46 AM

It's a beautiful, beautiful house. It's even more beautiful than I expected. I absolutely adore it! I can feel her everywhere in every room. I can picture her working out in the gym, cooking her friends favorite meals in the kitchen. It's so sad to see it - yet so beautiful. I wish I had 2M to spend freely - I know where it'd go!

" If I died tomorrow, I would be a happy girl. " - Amy

#25 Tiny Penny

Tiny Penny

Play all my records, keep dancing all night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,611 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 06:46 AM

Seeing those pictures and the tour made me cry so hard. Horrible seeing it all empty as I am sure she had it full of all her own little touches. The leopard print bits are very 'Amy' though.
I love you in a place where there's no space or time...Forever you will be a true friend of mine:)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#26 Katausa

Katausa

♥ Kat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,453 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 07:49 AM

We should raise money and buy it, before some other person buys it and completely renovates it!

The master bedroom and bathroom really got to me..

Same here. I can't really look at the pictures in the same way as I look at other houses, I enjoy architecture and looking at the structure of houses, but looking at Amy's is too hard. I can't look at it in the objective way. And believe me, I've seen quite a lot of pictures and floor plans, especially because I tend to recreate houses for the Sims 3. Looking at the pics gives me such a weird vibe. I didn't cry over it yet but I feel this very strange feeling on my chest.

Now that soon there'll be nothing to remind us of Amy - the house will be sold in the end, it might be renovated, well, even if it looks the same 20 years from now on it won't be the same because the vibe will slowly disappear, I think that a statue might be the only thing people could go to and remember her. We will never be able to step in the front gates, feel what the house felt like. It'll be someone else's soon.

I have to add though that I'd have no special bond with a statue, as it wouldn't be Amy's. She isn't there, she has not crafted it or posed for it. It'll be a second Madame Tussauds. I believe I wouldn't even be able to lay flowers or leave a note for her there. I feel like her vibe is more present right here in my room, the place where I have listened to her albums from the day I got to know about her. The only place I'd feel at home would have been at one of the houses she has lived in. I'd love to sit in the living room for a moment, just to gaze through the window and think about all the love I have felt, and still feel for her. But it'll never be, and it breaks my heart.

---------- Post added at 09:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:45 AM ----------

Instead of selling it, the Winehouse family should use it as a museum type thing. They should move her furniture back in and set it up the way she had it. They could move in a few of her awards, dresses, and other memorbilia. The admission they charge could benefit the foundation. Similiar things have been done with other celebrity/notable houses. Patsy Cline, Elvis, etc.

I agree.

#27 JamaicaAndSpain

JamaicaAndSpain

There's this ache in my chest

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,117 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 08:10 AM

You gotta be kidding me! I don't know why, but it feels really wrong. I also thought about going to London in the next few YEARS and put flowers or a letter there, but now I can't anymore? That is really sad...
>:-( "These tears won't dry without you, Amy." >:-(

#28 idroppedmyspoon

idroppedmyspoon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 08:10 AM

It may be a good idea if someone can save all the pics of her house and put them on amy pics thread to keep forever. The 360 view of Amys old home has dissapeared, we dont want to lose these images either.

#29 Katausa

Katausa

♥ Kat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,453 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 08:27 AM

It may be a good idea if someone can save all the pics of her house and put them on amy pics thread to keep forever. The 360 view of Amys old home has dissapeared, we dont want to lose these images either.

I am doing that right now.

+ I have also stored them in a public Photobucket album: http://s155.photobuc...nehouses House/

Edited by Katausa, 31 May 2012 - 08:58 AM.

#30 JamaicaAndSpain

JamaicaAndSpain

There's this ache in my chest

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,117 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 08:29 AM

Did anybody notice the lion on the fridge (virtual tour)? :)
>:-( "These tears won't dry without you, Amy." >:-(

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users