146 replies to this topic

#31 Jayne

Jayne

Never miss a night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,943 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 08:30 AM

I feel for her family, this must have been a really awful decision to make, I can totally understand that her family did not want to live there and we don't know the full fact regarding the base for the foundation. Perhaps it's come to light that it is not suitable, it could be a Local Authority issue, residents etc. I am sure at some point there will be a memorial in place, guess we'll just have to wait and see.

A plus point the money raised will help a lot of needy people.
Jayne, proud to be a member of Amy Winehouse Forum since Jul 2007.

#32 zAMYz

zAMYz

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 08:42 AM

always when I look in to her house I imagine how she lived there, and what she did there, but this time , when I saw that bedroom, I imagined how she died there.... so sad so sad

#33 MandyP

MandyP

You Know I'm No Good

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 08:46 AM

I am sad that they won't be using Amy's house as the AWF headquarters; I thought that was a great idea. However, we don't know the facts. Maybe the upkeep of the property was just too much. Rather than spend $ on the house, $ can go to where it is actually supposed to go.

Just a thought.

#34 Katausa

Katausa

♥ Kat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,453 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 09:02 AM

I have now included the virtual tour in my Photobucket album.
Here you go (click the image to play)

Posted Image

---------- Post added at 11:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:59 AM ----------

Did anybody notice the lion on the fridge (virtual tour)? :)

It's on the pictures too:
Posted Image

---------- Post added at 11:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:02 AM ----------

Posted Image

Edited by Katausa, 31 May 2012 - 09:11 AM.

" If I died tomorrow, I would be a happy girl. " - Amy

#35 Amy Jenna Harper

Amy Jenna Harper

Amy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,751 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 09:05 AM

Is any article on ?

Well, in the begining it was for the foundation,administration I guess that it's to hard to the family to keep this house.
I'am sad about it

One name,one word : Amy <3
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#36 Katausa

Katausa

♥ Kat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,453 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 09:07 AM

I'm thinking that red room may have been the studio.

It is! You can see pictures of when they were creating the studio here: http://www.trimacous...o.uk/page7.html scroll down a bit and you'll see.

#37 ladyamy

ladyamy

No Greater Love Than What I Feel For You

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,191 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 10:05 AM

How sad! It was a bit shocking to see the place where she passed away. The house is beautiful and the master bathroom is incredible. She had wonderful taste, hadn't see? I don't know, I guess the family don't like the idea of spending time there and I understand it, but still it's really sad it is being sold, because when she bought that house she was really happy and had so many expectations about her life there with Blake. I still remember that tweet where she said "the king and queen of Camden Town are coming home". Hearbreaking.
I’m a firm believer that we all meet up in eternity

#38 Birdieava

Birdieava

Never miss a night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,453 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 10:28 AM

and why are we crying about it?

i dont understand, it's only a house and amy doesnt live there anymore?

i dont understand the need to go "out there" to do anything, to leave flowers, to cry openly, ....
when everything - everything! is inside our hearts - including amy

yes, it would be nice to have a place to gather and remember amy, but her family has sent a clear message from the beginning on this, starting with her funeral, and then not telling anything about her ashes, not a memorial, not a shrine, nothing at the cemetery, nothing, nothing folks, nothing ........... they are even liquidating her belongings and/or memorabilia.

(we should) have respect for this family, and not compare amy to other people like "Elvis"
she was not a circus, like "Elvis"!

yeah she lived there, mitch talked about setting up the foundation there, etc. but i just dont even get any feeling about it.
i think when i visit london, id like to go to all the places amy used to visit, like the pubs, and sip a beehive beer in her honor.
but it doesnt matter to me who owns this house or who lives there - if her spirit is around, it will be there anyways.

maybe im numb at this point. sorry guys x0

"I must be a mermaid. I have no fear of depths and a great fear of shallow living."

- Anais Nin 

#39 Miss Mermaid

Miss Mermaid

miss ya kid

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 736 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 10:29 AM

did she own this property or did she rent it?

thanks.

*EDIT* - the telegraph said that she owned it - so i go with that then.

we arent in the families situation so i dont think it right we judge.

sorry guys - have to disagree with ya on this.

also for me - i will always associate amy with prowse place but even more so the flat she had before that. to me that where 'amy' was - memories of her walking down those cobbled street pavements. :)

#40 Uno

Uno

It's bricked up in my head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,920 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 11:28 AM

I’m selling Amy’s £2.7m house as I can’t bear to live there, says father

Amy Winehouse's father today said it is an emotional “wrench” to sell the £2.7 million London home where the singer died — but none of her family can bear to live there.

Mitch Winehouse said there had been several enquiries about the three-bedroom Camden property and two private viewings since it went on the market this week.

Mr Winehouse, 60, who bought it with his daughter for £1.8 million in 2010, said he decided to sell because it was too costly to keep empty.

“It’s too much of a drain,” he told the Standard. “We have to have security on it.

“We spoke about living in the house but none of us really wanted to live there so unfortunately it has to go. It is tough. Amy loved the house. She was specific in how she wanted it and asked me to be project manager. It was a labour of love for both of us.

“There have been plenty of expressions of interest but nothing firm. It’s a wonderful family house, full of love. Whoever moves in there will be very happy. It is a wonderful home in a wonderful area and would really suit a young family.”

The advert with online estate agent housenetwork.co.uk makes no mention of the property’s former resident, who died aged 27 last July.

It is listed as a “substantial and impressive three double bedroom, three reception room semi-detached period villa with well-proportioned private front and rear gardens”.

Modern upgrades include new electrical and heating systems, an integrated sound system and CCTV.

http://www.thisislon...er-7807316.html
Amy, if you are up there listening, thank you for sharing the incredible soundtracks of your life ...

#41 Miss Mermaid

Miss Mermaid

miss ya kid

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 736 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 11:38 AM

I’m selling Amy’s £2.7m house as I can’t bear to live there, says father

Amy Winehouse's father today said it is an emotional “wrench” to sell the £2.7 million London home where the singer died — but none of her family can bear to live there.

Mitch Winehouse said there had been several enquiries about the three-bedroom Camden property and two private viewings since it went on the market this week.

Mr Winehouse, 60, who bought it with his daughter for £1.8 million in 2010, said he decided to sell because it was too costly to keep empty.

“It’s too much of a drain,” he told the Standard. “We have to have security on it.

“We spoke about living in the house but none of us really wanted to live there so unfortunately it has to go. It is tough. Amy loved the house. She was specific in how she wanted it and asked me to be project manager. It was a labour of love for both of us.

“There have been plenty of expressions of interest but nothing firm. It’s a wonderful family house, full of love. Whoever moves in there will be very happy. It is a wonderful home in a wonderful area and would really suit a young family.”

The advert with online estate agent housenetwork.co.uk makes no mention of the property’s former resident, who died aged 27 last July.

It is listed as a “substantial and impressive three double bedroom, three reception room semi-detached period villa with well-proportioned private front and rear gardens”.

Modern upgrades include new electrical and heating systems, an integrated sound system and CCTV.

http://www.thisislon...er-7807316.html

feel so sorry for her parents :(

#42 Amy Jenna Harper

Amy Jenna Harper

Amy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,751 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 12:02 PM

Yeah,but it's normal that they can't leave there.

The one who buys this house is very lucky :P

One name,one word : Amy <3
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#43 Johanna

Johanna

What Kind Of Fuckery Is This?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 374 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 12:09 PM

Maybe i win some big money on the 10th of june in lottery of the Dutch state . If enough i buy the house and open it for any fan of Amy to come inside . You never know .

#44 Katausa

Katausa

♥ Kat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,453 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 12:15 PM

I do hope someone that loves Amy gets to live in it. I can't imagine the pain Mitch and the family must of have felt when they put it up for sale.

#45 JamaicaAndSpain

JamaicaAndSpain

There's this ache in my chest

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,117 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 01:02 PM

and why are we crying about it?

i dont understand, it's only a house and amy doesnt live there anymore?

i dont understand the need to go "out there" to do anything, to leave flowers, to cry openly
i think when i visit london, id like to go to all the places amy used to visit

Now what's the difference? Amy doesn't go to those places anymore either. Maybe some people would like to visit the place where she lived at.

I can totally understand that nobody of her family would like to live there, but it would be a really great place to go to to remember Amy and when it gets sold this isn't possible anymore. I know it sounds selfish, but those are my feelings.
>:-( "These tears won't dry without you, Amy." >:-(

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users