18 replies to this topic

#1 amylove

amylove

<3

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,480 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 06:57 PM

I couldn't search for this title because it's "too common" :) But I thought I would post all of her wonderful versions of it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-l-M0UlOK4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEfaoFzy-3E

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPfyBFri8G8&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0liVR3S3ps

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVyhI6OlmAU

Should I have put this in the video section?

#2 TBR

TBR

I still wonder 'bout the things you do

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 09:01 PM

I think my three favourite performances were the BBC Acoustic and Mercury performances you posted, and this:

Edited by TBR, 02 June 2012 - 09:12 PM.

#3 amylove

amylove

<3

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,480 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 09:37 PM

Beautiful. Thanks. Her vocals sound like the last one I posted but better.

#4 Jmoney

Jmoney

Mr. Magic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,178 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 08:03 AM

amazing song

#5 amylove

amylove

<3

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,480 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 03:54 PM

amazing song

Isn't it? It's so simple but great. And to think she wrote it when she was real young.

#6 Jmoney

Jmoney

Mr. Magic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,178 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 05:46 PM

yup its got to be one of her best in my opinion, yeah its amazing she had that writing ability at such a young age, thats rare.

#7 Mrs. Jones

Mrs. Jones

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,322 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 08:22 PM

I can't believe I didn't like this song at first! I used to skip past it...It took me a while, but it grew on me. Now I just love it, and have listened to it a lot in the last 6 months.

#8 amylove

amylove

<3

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,480 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 08:32 PM

I can't believe I didn't like this song at first! I used to skip past it...It took me a while, but it grew on me. Now I just love it, and have listened to it a lot in the last 6 months.

Same here! I would always skip it then I saw her live performances of it and appreciated it a lot more. It started out as my least favorite and now it's one of my top favorites... very weird indeed. I love the teenage anger in it, haha, and it's another one of her songs I can "escape" with.

#9 JackofHearts

JackofHearts

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 08:23 AM

SPOILER ALERT!

If you haven't read Amy, My Daughter I'm about to reference it..

In the book Mitch says that Amy wrote the line "your neighbors were screaming, I don't have a key for downstairs. So I punched all the buzzers, hopin' you wouldn't be there" when she was younger and their family got locked out of their apartment.

I just thought that it was so clever and brilliant of Amy to be able to take a situation like that and a line like that which she had written years earlier and fit it perfectly into a song about something totally different. She was a true lyrical genius!

#10 rnd333

rnd333

Ace Reject

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 09:05 PM

LOVING this song to bits! ^^
There are so many great (and different) renditions of it.
The Mercury Prize one has long been my favourite live performance by any artist. The way she sings those words is mind-blowing.
The BBC acoustic version is very different but such a good one too, probably a bit more bittersweet.
And what can I say about that Wembley acoustic version? Hands down one of my all-time favourite Amy performances. Such an incredible rendition!

Edited by rnd333, 17 July 2012 - 09:43 PM.

#11 Nasha

Nasha

Amy Amy Amy...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 479 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 09:35 PM

I can't believe I didn't like this song at first! I used to skip past it...It took me a while, but it grew on me. Now I just love it,

Same here! I would always skip it then I saw her live performances of it and appreciated it a lot more. It started out as my least favorite and now it's one of my top favorites... very weird indeed. I love the teenage anger in it, haha, and it's another one of her songs I can "escape" with.

As far as I'm concerned, I barely noticed it at first... Then I heard the Mercury Prize version,.. It soon became one of my top 10 (maybe even 5) favorite live performances of hers, and now I just love the song !
"I should just be my own best friend"

Amy Winehouse (1983-2011)

#12 Alexdurrant7

Alexdurrant7

Noob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 10:29 AM

My favourite is definitely the bottom one! Love her B2B voice... so deep and rich.

#13 ILoveAmyWinehouse

ILoveAmyWinehouse

You Know I'm No Good

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 209 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 05:04 AM

Her version of this song when she is sitting on the grass is my all time favorite! She makes singing look so easy! She was effortless. I also like her singing this during her B2B era! I thought it was interesting hearing her sing Frank songs during her B2B era. You can really hear how her voice changed - slightly & a new interpretation for the song.

#14 amylove

amylove

<3

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,480 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 04:08 PM

This one too

---------- Post added at 11:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:07 AM ----------

I thought it was interesting hearing her sing Frank songs during her B2B era. You can really hear how her voice changed - slightly & a new interpretation for the song.

I can't imagine her singing stronger than me or something like that during B2B...would be weird

#15 ILoveAmyWinehouse

ILoveAmyWinehouse

You Know I'm No Good

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 209 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 02:50 AM

I can't imagine her singing stronger than me or something like that during B2B...would be weird

That or "Help Yourself" :nonchalance:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users