- - - - -

Anybody knows what happen with SAVING AMY BY DAPHNE BARAK 2009 DOCUMENTAL?

saving amy zen of tony t

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_theguiltwillkillyou_*

Guest_theguiltwillkillyou_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 June 2012 - 12:48 AM

I heard Dphne Barak stayed with Amy in 2009 during her holiday in Saint Lucia, i read stories por excaple Amy sings to Daphne Happy Birthday like Marilin Monroe sang to JKF. Anybody knows where i can see that documental? i hate thet doing money with her death but anyway, i want a date..
and ZEN OF TONY BENNET DOCUMENTARY?
THANKS AND SORRY FOR MI BAD ENGLISH:distracted:

#2 LRock10288

LRock10288

You Got To Call The Green Man

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 489 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 12:53 AM

I believe the Winehouses had that documentary scrapped, hence the release of the book. I don't think it was quite what they had expected with Rita Skeeter's botched reporting style, so they fought for it not to be released. They were probably on board with a program showing Amy's progression in recovering from class A drug addiction, but instead got a glorified TV version of a tabloid rag-mag. Barak used all the information she gathered throughout her time with the family in writing Saving Amy.

At least I think that's what transpired.

#3 marjolein

marjolein

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 03:20 AM

I sent her an e-mail asking when the docu would be shown. I received an answer from her secretary saying that some parts had been shown on televison. I think on ITV? Not to be found on the internet though. She also said that it was a story of an addiction and it was all in the book Saving Amy. A very unsatisfactory answer, I believe she had lots of material on film. Don't know about it being banned by the Winehouse family, could be true I suppose.
I know everyone here hates the book, but I found it quite interesting and I think it's all in there. Amy's struggle with alcohol, her strange relationship with her parents, her need to be loved and being so alone. Amy being like a (sweet )little girl lost.
Of course Daphnes ego is monstrous...

#4 LRock10288

LRock10288

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 489 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 05:40 AM

I sent her an e-mail asking when the docu would be shown. I received an answer from her secretary saying that some parts had been shown on televison. I think on ITV? Not to be found on the internet though. She also said that it was a story of an addiction and it was all in the book Saving Amy. A very unsatisfactory answer, I believe she had lots of material on film. Don't know about it being banned by the Winehouse family, could be true I suppose.
I know everyone here hates the book, but I found it quite interesting and I think it's all in there. Amy's struggle with alcohol, her strange relationship with her parents, her need to be loved and being so alone. Amy being like a (sweet )little girl lost.
Of course Daphnes ego is monstrous...

Mitch mentioned something on Twitter in 2010 about them putting a stop to the documentary, which is why she wrote the book. I'm not sure if the tweet is still up, but I swear I read an article on it as well. I'll try to find it :)

#5 marjolein

marjolein

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 05:52 AM

OK, would be interesting to read Mitch's tweat.Of course daphne was very unkind and harsh in her opinion of the Winehouse family.
I found the e mail, from 2010.

How are you?
I am glad, you liked the book. It will mean a lot to Daphne, since it is not an Amy Winehouse book, but - a diary of addictions. It is very important for Daphne, to make people think and discuss the issues involved.
Short parts of the TV footage aired successfully in Daphne's outlets worldwide. Since Amy hasn't recorded for years by now, she is much less known around the world than before.
Thanks again for your kind note.
Best wishes,

Daralyn Adams,
Assistant to Daphne Barak.

What a stupid reply, "she is less known ...before"
It's a shame though that we'll never see the footage.

Edited by marjolein, 06 June 2012 - 06:27 AM.

#6 LRock10288

LRock10288

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 489 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 06:54 AM

6 Feb 10 Posted Image Linn Branson ‏@linnb_
@mitchwinehouse You read Daphne Barak's Mail On Sunday piece yet, Mitch?
Collapse
11:53 PM - 6 Feb 10 via web · Details

8 Feb 10 Posted Image mitch winehouse ‏@mitchwinehouse
@Linn_SayItPR I read baraks piece. I cant comment at moment. Legal issues.
Hide conversation
5:49 PM - 8 Feb 10 via web · Details

8 Feb 10 Posted Image Linn Branson ‏@linnb_
@mitchwinehouse It's live, isn't it, or have you recorded? btw the Mail piece was abt the doc + Barak's book on it.
Collapse
5:49 PM - 8 Feb 10 via Snaptu · Details

8 Feb 10 Posted Image mitch winehouse ‏@mitchwinehouse
@Linn_SayItPR There is no Barak docum. i stopped it. Thats why she has this unauthorised book.
Hide conversation
6:06 PM - 8 Feb 10 via web · Details

18 Feb 10 Posted Image Ms Foxy Blue ‏@Foxy_Blue
@mitchwinehouse So glad you stopped the Barack doc; her sort are psychic vampires. Let her make bucks off someone else, you're worth more x
Expand
18 Feb 10 Posted Image mitch winehouse ‏@mitchwinehouse
@Foxy_Blue Unfortunately, Barak is bringing out a book about her 4 days in St Lucia with us. Never mind.
Hide conversation
6:36 PM - 18 Feb 10 via web · Details

#7 marjolein

marjolein

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 07:48 AM

---------- Post added at 07:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:40 AM ----------

Thanks, never knew that. What an awful woman. Mitch trusted her and she sort of betrayed him. But I'll never understand why Mitch seeked so much publicity. Amy didn't need nor want that at all. But I do like Mitch, he meant well.
Like I read in the forum it was strange that we knew so much about her parents.

#8 Mrs. Jones

Mrs. Jones

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,322 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 08:26 AM

She only spent 4 days with them and wrote an entire book???
Fuck, I thought this woman had spent ages with them! Well, if I ever do read it (but I don't want to buy it, I don't want any money going to that woman), I will read it with a pinch of salt, viewed from the outside, someone who doesn't know the family...

#9 Uno

Uno

It's bricked up in my head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,920 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 09:32 AM

She only spent 4 days with them and wrote an entire book???
Fuck, I thought this woman had spent ages with them! Well, if I ever do read it (but I don't want to buy it, I don't want any money going to that woman), I will read it with a pinch of salt, viewed from the outside, someone who doesn't know the family...

She spent 4 days in St Lucia, but she also spent some time in the UK with the family

Edited to say ...
I just did a quick scan thru the book, Mitch and Daphine started talking about the project in Sept 08 and they both went to St Lucia at the end of April 09. She did various interviews with the families during that time.

Edited by Uno, 06 June 2012 - 10:00 AM.

Amy, if you are up there listening, thank you for sharing the incredible soundtracks of your life ...

#10 DARE TO BE D

DARE TO BE D

You Know I'm No Good

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 11:23 AM

i read the book, its really not a great book for Amy fans, the author seems to be upset that she didnt get to complete the
documentary so she pretty much attacks Amy . I dont think she knew her enough to write a book, She spends a few hours
in total the whole time she's @ the Island. This woman is a friend to publicity only. It seems she talked herself into the situation
that was going on & when Mitch realizes that she is going to make it worse for amy , its too late.:devilish:

#11 MandyP

MandyP

You Know I'm No Good

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 12:13 PM

I just finished the book. It was interesting. I'm sure there are just as many lies as there are truths. The only problem, it is impossible to figure out which is which.

It was entertaining, but I wouldn't use any of it as factual.

#12 Sassy

Sassy

I’m just a very whimsical person

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 842 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 02:04 PM

---------- Post added at 07:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:40 AM ----------

But I'll never understand why Mitch seeked so much publicity. Amy didn't need nor want that at all. Like I read in the forum it was strange that we knew so much about her parents.

These are issues I've been curious about for a long time.

#13 Guest_theguiltwillkillyou_*

• Guests

Posted 06 June 2012 - 05:09 PM

why he was upset for Daphne write a book about amy? if he is doing the same thing right now...

---------- Post added at 05:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:08 PM ----------

why they dopnt upload that parts of the doc i want to see that videos!! please nybody could send a email to Daphne?

#14 Katausa

Katausa

♥ Kat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,453 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 05:13 PM

Thanks, never knew that. What an awful woman. Mitch trusted her and she sort of betrayed him. But I'll never understand why Mitch seeked so much publicity. Amy didn't need nor want that at all. But I do like Mitch, he meant well.
Like I read in the forum it was strange that we knew so much about her parents.

To me, addiction is not something you choose to battle in public. Nor does anyone want their own parents to talk to their problems to complete strangers like Mitch did. I am not saying that what he did is wrong, but I do think this might of been hurtful to Amy every now and then. Of course I don't know what I would've done in a similar situation. It's a rather tough case.

" If I died tomorrow, I would be a happy girl. " - Amy

#15 Guest_theguiltwillkillyou_*

• Guests

Posted 06 June 2012 - 05:14 PM

we have to see that videos!!! we have to ask again if it was "broadcasted " before, we are amys fan and we have the RIGHT to see that...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users