38 replies to this topic

#16 amylove

amylove

<3

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,480 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 11:20 PM

I can remember reading/watching an interview with Alex Foden (not a fan of him, he seems to jump at any opportunity to get paid to talk about Amy) who said she got really upset during the grave scene and had to take a break to calm down (or something along those lines).

Aw... wish I didn't know that. She did look quite emotional when she was walking down the path... maybe related to her grandma's death?

@tselekoglu, well, it's like she's attending her own funeral... the nature of the video is dramatic which it's intended to be but I think mitch even said he was worried about it because she might die (as related to her drug problems).

I can't figure out why she thought she was going to die... her mind really did mess with her.

#17 MandyP

MandyP

You Know I'm No Good

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 12:30 AM

I remember when I first saw this video cause it gave me goose bumps. I think you just couldn't watch it without strong emotions. And I have to reveal that I was scared a bit. I do believe that she might have had a "panic attack" when shooting.

I think you are right. I remember reading an article that said originally the grave had her name on it. She freaked out and they changed the grave to something like, "Here lies Amy" Don't quote me, but I am pretty sure I am remembering correctly.

#18 MDPA

MDPA

"We all become what we once hated"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 395 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 12:47 AM

I watched that video a thousand times before she died (haven't watched the whole thing since) and I can't believe they cut out the gravestone. If memory serves me right, I thought it said "Here lies the heart of Amy Winehouse"

Posted Image
Amy J. Winehouse

1983 -

#19 Katausa

Katausa

♥ Kat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,453 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 06:59 AM

I don't see why this video would be classified as 'disturbing'. To be honest, this whole video fits the song all too well. It's about breaking your heart once more - and that's exactly what happens in the video. Amy buries her own heart. When I felt down I watched the video, it made the tears come out easier. Actually it made me feel some kind of relief by knowing that someone else out there had gone through the same emotions. I can't watch the video right now without crying, for me it represents the good and the bad times in Amy's life. It also represents her death in a way, but I believe the song does as well.

" If I died tomorrow, I would be a happy girl. " - Amy

#20 amylove

amylove

<3

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,480 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 11:40 AM

I don't see why this video would be classified as 'disturbing'. To be honest, this whole video fits the song all too well. It's about breaking your heart once more - and that's exactly what happens in the video. Amy buries her own heart. When I felt down I watched the video, it made the tears come out easier. Actually it made me feel some kind of relief by knowing that someone else out there had gone through the same emotions. I can't watch the video right now without crying, for me it represents the good and the bad times in Amy's life. It also represents her death in a way, but I believe the song does as well.

Nicely said! I think that's what I mean by disturbing... it disrupts me in a way that causes me to feel emotion (in this case, sadness, heartbreak). I think that the song was taken SO literally for this video that the fact that it has become a reality is disturbing. But maybe I need a new word ;)

#21 tselekoglu

tselekoglu

Amy, Amy, Amy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 727 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 03:37 PM

@tselekoglu, well, it's like she's attending her own funeral... the nature of the video is dramatic which it's intended to be but I think mitch even said he was worried about it because she might die (as related to her drug problems).

I can't figure out why she thought she was going to die... her mind really did mess with her.

You may be right. Amy was so sensitive. So, for her being worried is normal in this way. But for us, I think there's nothing disturbing. You know, it's just a video and a great video, I think.
Posted Image
16 letters, 3 words, 5 syllables, 1 woman, a big talent;

Amy Jade Winehouse :missyou:

My Amy Fan Page >> http://www.facebook.com/BritLioness

My Tumblr >> http://winehouseanddelrey.tumblr.com/

#22 amylove

amylove

<3

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,480 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 04:39 PM

[MENTION=2511]tselekoglu[/MENTION] You're right. I think maybe a better word is haunting... beautifully haunting of course! I think some of her music is just that way... especially how she sings sometimes.

---------- Post added at 12:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:08 PM ----------

Posting this because it goes with this thread...

my favorite parts: her laugh (of course) and the hairspray :)

#23 tselekoglu

tselekoglu

Amy, Amy, Amy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 727 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 04:46 PM

@tselekoglu You're right. I think maybe a better word is haunting... beautifully haunting of course! I think some of her music is just that way... especially how she sings sometimes.

---------- Post added at 12:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:08 PM ----------

Posting this because it goes with this thread...

my favorite parts: her laugh (of course) and the hairspray :)

Wow, thanks for posting. Never saw this one before. She is so sexy and her laugh... Man, I love her!!
Posted Image
16 letters, 3 words, 5 syllables, 1 woman, a big talent;

Amy Jade Winehouse :missyou:

My Amy Fan Page >> http://www.facebook.com/BritLioness

My Tumblr >> http://winehouseanddelrey.tumblr.com/

#24 amylove

amylove

<3

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,480 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 05:20 PM

Haha... she's a great example of how to do classy and sexy, definitely! She also has a great walk. She was a beautiful girl (Frank days) but turned into a gorgeous woman for sure.

#25 Katausa

Katausa

♥ Kat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,453 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 06:28 PM

I have watched that video a thousand times, and believe me, I never get tired of it. I love her so much, she was so beautiful there too. NO, she was GORGEOUS.

#26 amylove

amylove

<3

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,480 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 09:29 PM

I have watched that video a thousand times, and believe me, I never get tired of it. I love her so much, she was so beautiful there too. NO, she was GORGEOUS.

Ugh... when will this get easier? I feel like I'm developing an unhealthy obsession for her... and I'm not one of those people that even likes to read up on celebrities. It goes beyond the music... I'll sit and look at her pics over and over again...I feel like what's wrong me? Ha. Honestly I just blame it on the fact that I don't have anyone in my life who has proven to be completely and truly themselves... this is a quality that is so appealing to me.
The behind the scenes video when she's walking down the side street... for a moment her face looks at the camera and she's just stunning!

P.S. I wonder what it's like to be that gorgeous ;)

Edited by allisost, 10 June 2012 - 09:37 PM.

#27 dunkinz

dunkinz

You Know I'm No Good

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 07:02 AM

Actually this video that hooked me up with Amy in a first place. I remember watched it, got goosebumps and the song literally couldn't get out of my mind the whole day. B2B keep going and going and going till I bought the CD and listened to it like, 100times a day. I think it's the only CD that never get out of my CD player for a year. Then I was becoming a huuuuge fan. until now.
B2B is a cool black and white video, I think the storyline match with the song itself. And Amy's facial expression makes the song larger than life and so real.

anyway, as depressing as B2B might be, I once wondered what if they make "Wake Up Alone" video?
You're wondering now, what to do.. Now you know this is the end.
You're wondering how, you will pay for the way you misbehaved.

I will love you forever Amy Jade x

#28 Katausa

Katausa

♥ Kat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,453 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 07:26 AM

Ugh... when will this get easier? I feel like I'm developing an unhealthy obsession for her... and I'm not one of those people that even likes to read up on celebrities. It goes beyond the music... I'll sit and look at her pics over and over again...I feel like what's wrong me? Ha. Honestly I just blame it on the fact that I don't have anyone in my life who has proven to be completely and truly themselves... this is a quality that is so appealing to me.
The behind the scenes video when she's walking down the side street... for a moment her face looks at the camera and she's just stunning!

P.S. I wonder what it's like to be that gorgeous ;)

I don't think Amy fully reckognized how beautiful she was - which is a good thing, because if she did, she'd probably be arrogant. She has the most beautiful eyes, and yes, her character - she's so true and honest. I know nobody as cool as her really, which is why I have developed a 'obsession' for her as well. Believe me, I have never read articles or searched for pictures of any other celebrity but Amy. Kind of odd isn't it?

#29 amylove

amylove

<3

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,480 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 07:49 AM

I don't think Amy fully reckognized how beautiful she was - which is a good thing, because if she did, she'd probably be arrogant. She has the most beautiful eyes, and yes, her character - she's so true and honest. I know nobody as cool as her really, which is why I have developed a 'obsession' for her as well. Believe me, I have never read articles or searched for pictures of any other celebrity but Amy. Kind of odd isn't it?

She didn't... I think most people see their flaws bigger than other people do. At least I don't know anyone who doesn't have something they are insecure about! I'm sure her nose bothered her (and I guess her teeth based on that early journal entry)... ya never know, maybe that's why she drew so much attention to her eyes to begin with. But I think it was in balance with her big eyes and luscious lips... it would have disappeared with her huge, gorgeous smile if it had been smaller ;) And those cheekbones... I mean, really, does anyone have better cheekbones? LOL
It is odd but I guess everyone on this forum is odd then... it's kind of touching actually!

But I have to say... how could she not look in the mirror after getting made up for that video and not think at least minimally, "Damn, I look good!" LOL

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4961[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]4962[/ATTACH]

Edited by allisost, 11 June 2012 - 08:25 AM.

#30 catpuss

catpuss

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 10:30 AM

i wanted to say somthing about this video as i always makes me smile(rather than being sad) watch the intro when she is sitting on the chair and she is trying not to laugh........always gives me the giggles this is the way that i would like to remember her not with sadness but someone who was so quick witted and at times a very happy person

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users