38 replies to this topic

#31 Miss Mermaid

Miss Mermaid

miss ya kid

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 736 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 10:51 AM

yep that video and that era - she was top of her game.

#32 Tiny Penny

Tiny Penny

Play all my records, keep dancing all night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,611 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 04:03 PM

I absolutely adore the video for 'Back to Black' - It has always been one of my favourite music videos and I watch it regularly (I did even before her death). I think it shows how good an actress she is as well as singer - her facial expressions alone are just wonderful. I agree that it has a certain pathos to it now she has gone but I still enjoy watching it - she is certainly on top of her game at that time. I am off to watch it now! haha!
I love you in a place where there's no space or time...Forever you will be a true friend of mine:)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#33 Mrs. Jones

Mrs. Jones

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,322 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 04:28 PM

Yes! She certainly was a good actress. When you watch that making of video, you can see her smiling, laughing, so it clearly wasn't a miserable day filming and that fact that she can convey such sadness is proof of her acting skills. I seem to remember Sylvia Young say that when Amy first started at the school, she wanted to be an actress...does that ring a bell with anyone? Or that she wanted to be on broadway (I have terrible memory).
She's beautiful in this video!
The only reason why this video of Amy attending the funeral of her own heart is a little eery is because she died so young, but everyone's gotta die eventually. Would be still find this video strange if she died 10 years later for example?

#34 Miss Mermaid

Miss Mermaid

miss ya kid

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 736 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 04:53 PM

i have got a great framed picture over my fireplace from the shoot - already posted in another thread but it a great shot - i will post it again. My Mum bought it for me - i got a great Mum!
Amy looks magic:

Posted Image

#35 socubos

socubos

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 180 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 06:22 PM

Actually the video is pretty simple by meaning. No subliminal messages, no illuminati(lol), nothing. Its just Amy's nature. Dark and haunting, and in the same time, beautiful, sexy and classy. The video is telling the story of the song, but after... means, her heart is broken, after he came back to the other woman, and every time she has to bury her heart. Every "Goodbye" is feeling like funeral. So, "Rip the heart of AMy Winehouse" means, that her heart died, and nobody else will own it. She buried it, so it's dead, she will never ever fall in love again. "I died hundreds times", and the video showing the pain of each dying, how painful it is, and how she take it.. it's like you are in "Back to Black" hundreds times at once, and feel the pain, when you hear the "Goodbye"...
But at the end, she just throw a flower, and walk away... End of the story.. "I have no heart.. it's buried... Im dead inside, you broke my heart, it's dead already. You cannot break it anymore. I will never ever fall in love again"...

But who would ever know, that it could refer to her...

Amy, Amy, Amy... you left us now in this world... you just came for little to teach us, and show us what strong woman is, and strong will. We will never know the pain you felt inside... you did hide it very well, and only the blind people never saw it... I know there's been times when you sang and smile, you actually wanted to cry... I could see this in your eyes. I miss you so f* much, angel...

#36 weloveyouamy

weloveyouamy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 698 posts

Posted 15 June 2018 - 01:13 PM

i wonder whether any HD format of the video will ever be found :P

#37 Amy Legend

Amy Legend

Wake Up Alone

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 04 May 2019 - 12:28 PM

Sorry for bringing this old thread up,

but I found the music video in 720p along with the "R.I.P The Heart Of Amy Winehouse" part on Vimeo:

Press the "vimeo" button down the right corner of the video to access it.

Love Amy 4 Ever ❤️❤️❤️

#38 amyinourhearts

amyinourhearts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 804 posts

Posted 04 May 2019 - 08:59 PM

Sorry for bringing this old thread up,

but I found the music video in 720p along with the "R.I.P The Heart Of Amy Winehouse" part on Vimeo:

Press the "vimeo" button down the right corner of the video to access it.

Awesome.Thank you.It's unbelievable that they took the original video down before her death. That final inscription is so symbolic...

#39 xDetachmentx

xDetachmentx

We both know what it is

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 242 posts

Posted 04 May 2019 - 10:29 PM

Anyone know why it was taken down? 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users