Photo
- - - - -

WEird questions - continuation - Camden lioness etc.

q&a questions

• Please log in to reply
230 replies to this topic

#1 ancre

ancre

Just friends

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,253 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 12:22 PM

Hi, I really liked old WEIRD QUESTIONS THREAD and probably we can continue here.

Here's my first "?".
1. Does anybody know where exactly this lion bronze statue (look at the pic) is located in Camden and what is it about? Is it close to Camden Square? And did Amy Lioness like it even a bit? ;)

And don't hesitate to post more Amy-related "weird" questions here -and feel welcome to help with the answer(s). Lots of love.

http://talk.polonia....6499669b5c00ba4

---------- Post added at 12:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:06 PM ----------

2. How many discs Amy had in her contract with Island Records? There was a rumour (2008?) that she planned to change the label after her (true) third album publication. Does it mean she was signed for three albums?

Edited by ancre, 09 June 2012 - 12:37 PM.

"I trust my instincts, and that’s what has got me where I am, y’know?" (Amy)

#2 Mama_Haze

Mama_Haze

Hazy Lady

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,402 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 01:12 PM

Most record deals are for three or five albums. First deals tend to be just the three.

As for the lion, he's at Camden Lock Market, overlooking Regent's canal. Interesting, I was gonna give you a map reference but it seems Google Earth did Camden after the fire, and the stables market and Hawley are all still boarded up! Very odd, I never went down there at that time so I never got to see it all boarded up. It's a bit eerie....

But yeah, the lion is in the Lock market, right by the canal side.

#3 ancre

ancre

Just friends

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,253 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 04:40 PM

Most record deals are for three or five albums. First deals tend to be just the three.

As for the lion, he's at Camden Lock Market, overlooking Regent's canal. Interesting, I was gonna give you a map reference but it seems Google Earth did Camden after the fire, and the stables market and Hawley are all still boarded up! Very odd, I never went down there at that time so I never got to see it all boarded up. It's a bit eerie....

Ohh, thank you!

---------- Post added at 04:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:37 PM ----------

3. Does Amy wax statue has the same shoes as those Amy wore for her yellow dress - the red ones? I read somewhere that shoes were black instead of red... And I was wondering if they asked the designer of Amy's dress to prepare the identical copy?

#4 Mama_Haze

Mama_Haze

Hazy Lady

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,402 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 11:02 AM

Don't know. Tussaud's is ludicrously expensive - like 30 quid - so it's not somewhere Londoners tend to go more than every ten years or so ;)

So I haven't actually seen it yet. Someone else might know?
  • Love is a losing game likes this

#5 ancre

ancre

Just friends

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,253 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 12:49 PM

I found some interesting article on the Great Fire of Camden 2008:

http://www.dailymail...-day-blaze.html

Hawley Arms on fire...

Posted Image

...and shortly afterwards...

Posted Image

---------- Post added at 12:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:47 PM ----------

4. Does anybody know which foreign languages Amy learnt at school?

#6 Mama_Haze

Mama_Haze

Hazy Lady

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,402 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 03:01 PM

The UK curriculum generally only teaches French and/or German at GCSE level (high school). At least, it did around the time Amy would have been in high school. I'm four years older than her and I had the option at age 14 to choose between the 2 - I chose French as my family is half French. I imagine her options would have been much the same but obviously I can't be sure about that, as we attended different schools.

Yeah, the Hawley was a mess, and the stables markets. Amy was in rehab at the time - the persistent rumour on the streets at the time was that her family had set the fire to keep her on the right track when she came out ;)

#7 ancre

ancre

Just friends

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,253 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 10:34 AM

The UK curriculum generally only teaches French and/or German at GCSE level (high school). At least, it did around the time Amy would have been in high school. I'm four years older than her and I had the option at age 14 to choose between the 2 - I chose French as my family is half French. I imagine her options would have been much the same but obviously I can't be sure about that, as we attended different schools.

Thank you! I had an impression that it might have been French. I'd love to hear some song in French from her - she would be perfect :)

Yeah, the Hawley was a mess, and the stables markets. Amy was in rehab at the time - the persistent rumour on the streets at the time was that her family had set the fire to keep her on the right track when she came out ;)

:)
But Hawley was like Phoenix...

#8 Mama_Haze

Mama_Haze

Hazy Lady

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,402 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 04:46 PM

Yeah it looks good again now. Not too 'new; if you know what I mean.

#9 ancre

ancre

Just friends

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,253 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 10:09 AM

Does anybody know if Amy liked Nancy Sinatra's sixties songs? Has she ever mentioned it in her interviews?

#10 tselekoglu

tselekoglu

Amy, Amy, Amy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 727 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 11:41 AM

Maybe it's kinda unnecessary but if you know, what political party Amy was supporting? (I know she told that she never cared about politics but I'm just wondering)
Posted Image
16 letters, 3 words, 5 syllables, 1 woman, a big talent;

Amy Jade Winehouse :missyou:

My Amy Fan Page >> http://www.facebook.com/BritLioness

My Tumblr >> http://winehouseanddelrey.tumblr.com/

#11 Mama_Haze

Mama_Haze

Hazy Lady

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,402 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 12:38 PM

I can't see Amy being anything other than left wing, to be honest.

#12 dunkinz

dunkinz

You Know I'm No Good

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 02:56 AM

[MENTION=2511]tselekoglu[/MENTION]
I read in Amy's private FB that her both religion and political view was "smile and nod"
So I don't think she cared about it at all

#13 Mrs. Jones

Mrs. Jones

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,322 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 09:09 AM

you were friends with her on facebook? Wow, i would've loved to have access to those pages. Did she write funny status updates? Did someone close her FB account since her death?

#14 ancre

ancre

Just friends

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,253 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 10:54 AM

@tselekoglu

Well, I haven't heard Amy talking politix so I guess she was bored by the topic. I wonder if she even voted.
It seems that she respected The Queen (she said somethin' positive once but I don't remember exactly what it was) and she liked Prince Harry (remember Amy's : "Oi Arry. Oi Arry. How are ya luv? I only wanted to say 'ello to Arry. Oi." at Wireless Festival 2010?).

#15 tselekoglu

tselekoglu

Amy, Amy, Amy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 727 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 01:36 PM

@tselekoglu
I read in Amy's private FB that her both religion and political view was "smile and nod"
So I don't think she cared about it at all

What does 'nod' mean?

---------- Post added at 04:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:33 PM ----------

@tselekoglu

Well, I haven't heard Amy talking politix so I guess she was bored by the topic. I wonder if she even voted.
It seems that she respected The Queen (she said somethin' positive once but I don't remember exactly what it was) and she liked Prince Harry (remember Amy's : "Oi Arry. Oi Arry. How are ya luv? I only wanted to say 'ello to Arry. Oi." at Wireless Festival 2010?).

Hahah thanks for the info! And it made me smile when I read 'I wonder if she even voted', by the way I didn't know she liked Prince Harry. Actually I didn't know who Prince Harry was. lol
Posted Image
16 letters, 3 words, 5 syllables, 1 woman, a big talent;

Amy Jade Winehouse :missyou:

My Amy Fan Page >> http://www.facebook.com/BritLioness

My Tumblr >> http://winehouseanddelrey.tumblr.com/

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: q&a, questions

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users