Photo
- - - - -

WEird questions - continuation - Camden lioness etc.

q&a questions

• Please log in to reply
230 replies to this topic

#16 Winehouse8327

Winehouse8327

One I wish I never played...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 07:21 PM

I wonder if she even voted.

I've always wondered the same thing. Honestly, I don't think. Not necessarily for lack of interest or principles (although I don't think it interested her, anyway) but Amy often traveled for the job. She also spent time in St. Lucia so even though she loved her country, I think the political side was not an important aspect for her. Also, I hate to be negative, but at certain times of her life (especially 2008) I think the last thing that Amy had in mind, with her husband in prison, drugs, alcohol etc.. was finding the time to vote.

I fall in love everyday !
Not with people, but with situations...

Posted Image

#17 MDPA

MDPA

"We all become what we once hated"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 395 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 08:58 PM

@tselekoglu
I read in Amy's private FB that her both religion and political view was "smile and nod"
So I don't think she cared about it at all

I'm so happy about that! There's nothing better then one that doesn't get involved in politics, it generally makes them so much nicer and pleasant :)

Posted Image
Amy J. Winehouse

1983 -

#18 JackofHearts

JackofHearts

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 04:03 AM

I've always wondered the same thing. Honestly, I don't think. Not necessarily for lack of interest or principles (although I don't think it interested her, anyway) but Amy often traveled for the job. She also spent time in St. Lucia so even though she loved her country, I think the political side was not an important aspect for her. Also, I hate to be negative, but at certain times of her life (especially 2008) I think the last thing that Amy had in mind, with her husband in prison, drugs, alcohol etc.. was finding the time to vote.

I think it would have been out there had she voted. i could just see an article with a title like "Wino heads to the polls" or "Amy Winehouse spotted in the voting booths."

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#19 dunkinz

dunkinz

You Know I'm No Good

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 06:39 AM

you were friends with her on facebook? Wow, i would've loved to have access to those pages. Did she write funny status updates? Did someone close her FB account since her death?

yeah i happened to be her friend on her "Amy Jade Civil" FB account on 2008. I've sent her messages twice (she even replied it) But I think she upset that I begged her to get herself together and said how I really loved her. She eventually blocked me :(
  • Love is a losing game likes this
You're wondering now, what to do.. Now you know this is the end.
You're wondering how, you will pay for the way you misbehaved.

I will love you forever Amy Jade x

#20 Mrs. Jones

Mrs. Jones

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,322 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 08:05 AM

I think it must be weird for celebrities or anyone to be receiving so much love from complete strangers, something tells me she couldn't really handle it.

#21 Winehouse8327

Winehouse8327

One I wish I never played...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 07:26 PM

But I think she upset that I begged her to get herself together and said how I really loved her. She eventually blocked me :(

I really hope you will not take personally what I will say. I don't judge you. You had the chance to talk to Amy and I understand perfectly that you'd needed to ask her to take care of her. This is a proof of your love for her.

However, I must admit that I understand Amy for have been angry. (If of course she was) People who abuse drugs have sufficiently ashamed of their behavior towards their friends, family and even against themselves. (I know what I' talking about) So if strangers mingle of this so private side of their lives, it becomes very difficult to manage and I think Amy was hoping to talk about something else, you know.

I don't criticize what you did. Plus, I admire you for having the courage to say this, but at the same time, could you imagine being told by a stranger, to take your life back?

I fall in love everyday !
Not with people, but with situations...

Posted Image

#22 CHCHANEL

CHCHANEL

rulers one thing but come brixton

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 614 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 10:24 PM

3. Does Amy wax statue has the same shoes as those Amy wore for her yellow dress - the red ones? I read somewhere that shoes were black instead of red... And I was wondering if they asked the designer of Amy's dress to prepare the identical copy?

Hi there! I can only refer to the last time I went to see her wax statue, it was in January earlier this year. They had changed her yellow dress to a black one and also the shoes were black. At least I could come with some information. I'll post a picture, I just cut myself out. Lol.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#23 amylove

amylove

<3

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,480 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 10:34 PM

Hi there! I can only refer to the last time I went to see her wax statue, it was in January earlier this year. They had changed her yellow dress to a black one and also the shoes were black. At least I could come with some information. I'll post a picture, I just cut myself out. Lol.

http://i1207.photobu...EL/amyshoes.jpg

Put yourself back in lol! Is it just me or does her beehive resemble her look at the MTV movie awards? She didn't have the streak as much and had that red flower but it had that netting look to it? Amy in a black dress... how boring.

Found this article, so mean: http://www.dailymail...-didnt-get.html

Edited by allisost, 20 August 2012 - 10:56 PM.

#24 CHCHANEL

CHCHANEL

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 614 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 01:24 PM

Put yourself back in lol! Is it just me or does her beehive resemble her look at the MTV movie awards? She didn't have the streak as much and had that red flower but it had that netting look to it? Amy in a black dress... how boring.

Found this article, so mean: http://www.dailymail...-didnt-get.html

Hah! Never, I hate the pictures of me from that trip, I was so skinny and just ugly. Blah. Have gained weight now though and feeling alot better after these past couple of years. So next London trip (IN 3 WEEKS) i will pose all over LDN. Might go to Madame Tussauds again too, my best friend haven't been and rather than letting her in and having a drink on a pub while she's there I come along and say hello to Amy's wax figure again. Hope she isn't still all dressed in black. It suits her but just, it's so sad.

Seeing that article you posted I see she had black shoes on to go with the yellow dress too! Oh, and that was a stupid article btw. People are just to ignorant. (And not my cup of tea)

Posted Image

Posted Image

#25 amylove

amylove

<3

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,480 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 02:52 PM

[MENTION=2152]CHCHANEL[/MENTION] Yes, Amy was beautiful in black (when did they change it from the yellow?), it's just not an iconic look to me. Something is "off" about her face too, hahah... I guess all of those wax figures are off. Yeah people who make fun of people going through drug addiction aren't my cup of tea either.
I can't find many people skinnier than Amy was at some points so it's hard to shock me... I thought you might have been having one of those days where you look at any pic and think it's ugly.. or maybe I just do that haha

#26 Mrs. Jones

Mrs. Jones

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,322 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 04:01 PM

Didn't she get burried in her yellow dress (if we can believe the press)?...which is why I think her wax figure is now wearing that black dress.
Actually, as wax works go, Amy's is one of the better ones, I mean it actually looks like her! I think they've done pretty well with her, they coudl've just done a crap rendition of her and stuck a beehive on...

#27 amylove

amylove

<3

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,480 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 04:27 PM

Didn't she get burried in her yellow dress (if we can believe the press)?...which is why I think her wax figure is now wearing that black dress.
Actually, as wax works go, Amy's is one of the better ones, I mean it actually looks like her! I think they've done pretty well with her, they coudl've just done a crap rendition of her and stuck a beehive on...

I heard that (cremated though) but I was hoping that's not the reason.. I mean really, they had to use THAT yellow dress? It really does look like her, but her lips or something are off, I can't figure it out. I also hate when people use the close up of her wax figure face as a pic of her...

I wonder if she had a private viewing of it like Mitch said she was going to have... it must have been hard being in the state she was in :(

Edited by allisost, 21 August 2012 - 04:33 PM.

#28 kittengirl1000

kittengirl1000

Never miss a night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,239 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 06:17 PM

What does 'nod' mean?

---------- Post added at 04:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:33 PM ----------

Hahah thanks for the info! And it made me smile when I read 'I wonder if she even voted', by the way I didn't know she liked Prince Harry. Actually I didn't know who Prince Harry was. lol

Wasn't Amy friends with the girl who is/was going out with Prince Harry?

#29 Keight

Keight

You Know I'm No Good

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 06:58 PM

Wasn't Amy friends with the girl who is/was going out with Prince Harry?

Chelsy Davy and I don't think they were friends per say, but a few sources say that Amy wanted to invite Chesly on a night out in September 2008, because she thought that Chelsy was 'nuts', not sure if there's any truth to it though

at his side and drunk on pride
we wait for the blow

#30 CHCHANEL

CHCHANEL

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 614 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 08:59 PM

I have had this discussion with a friend and what I said then, and I say it now is that the dress at Madame Tussauds - I'm 99% sure that it was a replica and not her actual dress. I'm pretty sure they make replicas of the stars clothes and do not use the real deal. I mean 1000's (probably) of people everyday go to Madame Tussauds and take pictures and put their hands on the poor figures (& clothes). Imagine someone ripping a original dress, Amy's, Angelina Jolie's, Lady Gaga's or whatever!

I am not a 100% on this one but it sounds logic to me. =)
Also, they do change clothes on the wax figures from time to time.

Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: q&amp;a, questions

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users