211 replies to this topic

#1 LiamSullivan

LiamSullivan

I love Amy Winehouse.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 951 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 12:06 AM

I have just finished reading Mitch's book. I really enjoyed it, seeing as how I have literally laid in bed all day and read the book. I was so engulfed in it, that I forgot to eat and all.
I personally think it was a very good book. There was a picture of her from her childhood I hadn't seen before, and it was absolutely stunning to me. That picture alone made it worth the money. I cried periodically throughout the book.
However, towards the end, I cried hysterically. It's so unbelievably unfair that she is gone. Why her? I don't understand it. I guess I need consoling right now. I just can't believe she's gone, it's not fair.
Anyway, I'm just curious, what do you all think about the book?

R.I.P Amy Jade Winehouse. Once in a lifetime voice.
2r4h89d.gif

#2 Guest_theguiltwillkillyou_*

Guest_theguiltwillkillyou_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 June 2012 - 01:11 AM

i just miss her a lot..i cant live without this angel... i need amy in my life. She didnt deserve death, i am crying in this right moment, i will read the book one day but i read Mitch says Amy was happy before her death( and Belgrade???) come on Mitch!! Amy drank herself to death! :@ (date: 28 June http://www.thesun.co...ts-in-week.html ), she deserved somebody watcher her 24/7 and not only a bodyguard!!! mitch was touring New York thanks Amys fame! :((((((((((((((((((((( please i need help i miss her

#3 Tiny Penny

Tiny Penny

Play all my records, keep dancing all night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,611 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 01:40 AM

Christ, scared to read it now. Not looking forward to the crying. Think it's gonna tip me over the edge. Ages to wait till I get it anyway but I will let you know what I think when I have read it!
I love you in a place where there's no space or time...Forever you will be a true friend of mine:)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#4 Uno

Uno

It's bricked up in my head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,920 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 02:37 AM

As soon as that pre-order button went away at midnight on Amazon, I downloaded the book. I had planned on reading for about an hour before going to sleep but the next thing I knew the sun was coming up and I was almost at the end, pretty much couldn't put it down. Of course, even before reading it we all know what the end is going to be like, but just like his daughter, he made me chuckle and laugh numerous times when he made reference to Amy's comments and antics. I think that he handled himself very well with how he felt about Blake, but I 'll keep those comments and thoughts to myself until everyone else has had a chance to read the book.
Amy, if you are up there listening, thank you for sharing the incredible soundtracks of your life ...

#5 MandyP

MandyP

You Know I'm No Good

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 02:47 AM

As soon as that pre-order button went away at midnight on Amazon, I downloaded the book. I had planned on reading for about an hour before going to sleep but the next thing I knew the sun was coming up and I was almost at the end, pretty much couldn't put it down. Of course, even before reading it we all know what the end is going to be like, but just like his daughter, he made me chuckle and laugh numerous times when he made reference to Amy's comments and antics. I think that he handled himself very well with how he felt about Blake, but I 'll keep those comments and thoughts to myself until everyone else has had a chance to read the book.

I agree w/ you about the Blake parts.

#6 LiamSullivan

LiamSullivan

I love Amy Winehouse.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 951 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 02:53 AM

I really laughed at that little "game" she would play when she was little. I don't want to say what "game" because I don't want to ruin it for somebody who hasn't read it yet!
I agree with the Blake part, by the way.

R.I.P Amy Jade Winehouse. Once in a lifetime voice.
2r4h89d.gif

#7 Jmoney

Jmoney

Mr. Magic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,178 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 02:57 AM

I plan on getting this book soon!, sounds like a good read

#8 Guest_theguiltwillkillyou_*

Guest_theguiltwillkillyou_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 June 2012 - 02:59 AM

i think amy dont want Mitch to sshare her personal letters. I thonk she wouldnt wanted that..she was just a singer, like she said..so why dont Mitch sahre inedit music from her=.D

#9 Mrs. Jones

Mrs. Jones

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,322 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 08:04 AM

Aww Liam, I want to give you a big hug...thanks for sharing!

But can we please stop this judging Mitch shit?? It's just plain right disrespectful. If you're not happy about him writing a book, just don't fucking read it! I'm sorry for the anger, but the messages of late on this forum have put me right off.

This book is about a father's view, so of course it will be slanted. Hell, if my dad had to write a book about me (granted we're not as close as Mitch and Amy were), he wouldn't know half the things that went on behind closed doors or have kind words to write about my ex-boyfriend who I used to do drugs with, who was a leech, who never paid rent, and who I went through a dark period with. My dad thinks he's a "twat" - his words - (but I thought he was the love of my life). It's her dad for god's sake, this is not an autobiography, get over it! And Mitch has clearly said that this book and the foundation are his life-line, his way of coping. Good for him, maybe we should support him in his grieving process instead of telling him what he should and should'nt do, and how Amy would react if she was still here (as if we could know!).

There, rant over.

#10 Uno

Uno

It's bricked up in my head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,920 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 09:14 AM

Aww Liam, I want to give you a big hug...thanks for sharing!

But can we please stop this judging Mitch shit?? It's just plain right disrespectful. If you're not happy about him writing a book, just don't fucking read it! I'm sorry for the anger, but the messages of late on this forum have put me right off.

This book is about a father's view, so of course it will be slanted. Hell, if my dad had to write a book about me (granted we're not as close as Mitch and Amy were), he wouldn't know half the things that went on behind closed doors or have kind words to write about my ex-boyfriend who I used to do drugs with, who was a leech, who never paid rent, and who I went through a dark period with. My dad thinks he's a "twat" - his words - (but I thought he was the love of my life). It's her dad for god's sake, this is not an autobiography, get over it! And Mitch has clearly said that this book and the foundation are his life-line, his way of coping. Good for him, maybe we should support him in his grieving process instead of telling him what he should and should'nt do, and how Amy would react if she was still here (as if we could know!).

There, rant over.

I think Mitch did a fantastic job, I just meant that I had a few personal thoughts about Blake that pertained to the book and most people haven't read it yet, sorry if I wasn't more clear in my post.
Amy, if you are up there listening, thank you for sharing the incredible soundtracks of your life ...

#11 Amy Jenna Harper

Amy Jenna Harper

Amy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,751 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 09:26 AM

I haven't read yet,I just read some small parts in amazone.
I said that I wanted to read from amazone to keep the suspense when I will have the book,but I was difficult to not read ,when I just wanted to look again and again the pictures .

One name,one word : Amy <3
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#12 Mrs. Jones

Mrs. Jones

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,322 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 09:36 AM

I think Mitch did a fantastic job, I just meant that I had a few personal thoughts about Blake that pertained to the book and most people haven't read it yet, sorry if I wasn't more clear in my post.

Oh no, sorry, I'm the one not being very clear in my post. I thought you were very respectful, and we are of course entitled to opinions.
I just have an issue with [MENTION=3034]theguiltwillkillyou[/MENTION] saying "Amy would be angry with Mitch for writing this", or that Mitch wasn't there to watch over her 24/7 because he was doing a gig (riding on Amy's fame)... Amy was an adult with an addiction problem. You can't lock these people up to protect them.
What was Mitch meant to do, stop living? He already did a lot for her, it was Amy who pushed him to do an album. What was her brother Alex meant to do, give up his life, his job, move in with Amy and never let her out of his sight? And what about Janis? Seriously, everyone tried as best they could, they had to deal with with a very stubborn person who refused to tackle alcoholism with rehab, so they had to find alternate ways of dealing with it (and Amy wasn't exactly open to many suggestions).

---------- Post added at 08:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:33 AM ----------

Sorry, I'm just posting my reaction to what I've read over the last few days scattered across the forum, and I felt there was a lot of negativity concerning Mitch, including posts that don't respect the forum's rules.
This isn't the time and place for me to air my concerns, back to the subject!

I look forward to hearing more about what you all thought about the book (for those who have read it)...

#13 Katausa

Katausa

♥ Kat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,453 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 09:53 AM

I have also just finished read it. I am not going to give it all away but I am very amazed by how honestly Mitch has written it all down! I got emotional while reading it, and afterwards. I couldn't stop reading, and I stayed up late to finish it, even though it made me cry at times. The picture is beautiful, and I have never seen it before either. This book is worth it's money, believe me.

" If I died tomorrow, I would be a happy girl. " - Amy

#14 Birdieava

Birdieava

Never miss a night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,453 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 11:17 AM

some folks really need to learn the difference between judging someone and having an opinion ...
you can't say "amy would like this" or "amy wouldn't like this" --- you can't speak for others, yo!

if u dont wanna see her personal stuff and it makes you uncomfortable - dont buy the book, or dont read it. simple!
dont come here to write if you think amy would be happy or angry about it or not cuz you dont really know! have you asked her? jeez. write something that makes sense, from your heart :heart:

speak for yourself - it's not too hard

as for mitch - a lot of us speak out of ignorance, we should try to walk in his shoes, really
i dont put him on a pedestal, ,,,,,,,he is human. for the haters = have some compassion and just try to be grateful he wrote a book about amy! and get over yourself :disgust:

"I must be a mermaid. I have no fear of depths and a great fear of shallow living."

- Anais Nin 

#15 amysarmynow

amysarmynow

You Know I'm No Good

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 230 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 11:20 AM

I highly recommend AMD.

Here is the AAN review:

http://amysarmynow.w...my-my-daughter/

0 user(s) are reading this topic