211 replies to this topic

#31 Birdieava

Birdieava

Never miss a night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,453 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 03:40 PM

T e estas equivocando, amy puede ser rebelde pero mas alla de eso ESTABA ENFERMA (de alcoholismo, gracias a Dios la drogadiccion la paso) y eso es a lo que voy. Al estar enferma no podes pensar claramente y no tenes la mente lucida. Lo de privado me refiero a las cartas que le mandaba a su padre, su vida fue pública porque los medios y el morbo asi lo quisieron. Lo del video te digo por si no sabias que no fue filmado por ella SINO QUE LA FILMARON, igual que el video donde aparece con Blake y la casa llena de drogas. De nuevo vamos a lo mismo, LA FILMARON NO ES QUE ELLA MISMA SE FILMO. A vos te gustaria que los paparazzis te molesten cada dos segundos o hablen de voz en la prensa? Lo de Serbia acaso me eqivoco en lo q planteo? te parece coherente dejar en ecena a amy en el estado que estaba? POR FAVOR, ESTO ES SENTIDO COMUN. Que problem,a hay q de mi opinion? que los acuse? CHICOS ESTO ES OBVIO! ES OBIO QUE MITCH HACE DINERO O ACASO NO LO VEN? mis propios errores los acepto, pero no hablemos de los mios., Gracias

---------- Post added at 02:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:41 PM ----------

I dont bashing anyone. I just give my opinion so please respect that. I love Amy a lot, i know all of her since 2007. The letterrs are PRIVATE (we know that. i mean, she could use her facebook or twitter and she didnt). Do u like, if u were famous, that your PERSONAL LETTERS ARE publiched? i dont think so, poor Amy, i miss her a lot :(. We dont know Mitch a lot, about the bottles of vodka i sais that SHE SHOULD HAVE WITH SOMEOJNE IN HER HOUSE AND NOT ALONE BECAUSE SHE WAS SEEK!
"Other people have their own lives to live, you know?" My life is Amy, i see her fasther or "friends" didnt see the life like me. sorry for my bad english. peadec

ok, de acuerdo - estaba enferma.
mis escritos en este foro tambien ahondan en el tema de su salud mental. ella estaba enferma de la mente, el alcoholismo y la drogadiccion (eso se llama toxicomania), son simplemente sintomas de la enfermedad mental. su misma madre la diagnostico como maniaco depresiva, y si lo vemos desde ese punto, entonces pues nunca en su vida adulta amy estuvo capacitada para tomar sus propias decisiones como una persona coherente. la tragedia del asunto es que en gran bretania es muy dificil forzar a nadie a tomar un tratamiento, como si fue posible hacerlo en los estados unidos con britney spears, bajo una ley llamada 5150. que dice, que cuando estas en peligro, puedes ser 'arrestado' en contra de tu voluntad. lastima que la familia winehouse no pudo, o no tuvo el valor de hacer algo parecido. amy estaria viva, quizas? que piensas?

"I must be a mermaid. I have no fear of depths and a great fear of shallow living."

- Anais Nin 

#32 Guest_theguiltwillkillyou_*

Guest_theguiltwillkillyou_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 June 2012 - 05:37 PM

Hey! las drogas Amy las dejo en 2009!!. El tema era el alcohol, la presion por un album tan bueno como B2B y miles de otros factores que se desencadenaron en esta hermosa y super joven mujer que no pudo controlar. Sin embargo te podes dar cuentas en sus letras y personalidad que era muy fuerte y por eso dejo las drogas.
Me pone muy triste el hecho de "imaginar que puede llegar a estar viva" por el hecho que lamentablemente jamas la vere por el resto demi vida, pero lo q paso con britey fue que su padre realmente se enfoco en ella. Y MUCHO (estaba todo el dia con ella, algo asi lei, q se puso mucho las pilas). A mitch se le compñlico porq no le estuvo muy atras, ni tampoco sus amigos (muchas evces se la veia sola caminar por las calles de camden)= esto sumado a cierta rebeldia de amy...

---------- Post added at 05:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:33 PM ----------

yes because he actually send me a mesahe in facebook telling me amy was OK. Yes, he lied to me. Because definitely Amy wasnt OK, after Beglgrade, the best thing they could did was never organized that 2011 tour and give her time to recovery full and end the songs.
Sorry i didnt undestand the last part:p

#33 Cecilia

Cecilia

What kind of fuckery is this?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,187 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 29 June 2012 - 05:47 PM

The only way Amy could have been supervised 24/7 was if she'd been sectioned under the mental health act (and even then it's possible to smuggle booze into mental hospitals). Mitch did try and fail to have her sectioned at some point. You cannot force an addict into treatment legally. Mitch tried a lot for Amy, and it is just ridiculous to think he could or should have been at her side every minute of every day. That would have been impossible.

No offence [MENTION=2407]Birdieava[/MENTION] and [MENTION=3034]theguiltwillkillyou[/MENTION], but if you are going to post in spanish, could you please include english translations of every post for the benefit of the forum members who do not understand the language (including the mods so they can do their jobs adequately)?

---------- Post added at 06:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:43 PM ----------

yes because he actually send me a mesahe in facebook telling me amy was OK. Yes, he lied to me. Because definitely Amy wasnt

Maybe he thought she was ok? Maybe she wanted people to think she was ok? Maybe he did not want to discuss Amy's problems with you so he just said she was ok to put you at ease? Maybe it was the only thing he could think of saying? There are many reasons for him to have said it, let's not judge.

smoke.jpg?t=1397395921

#34 xinkoa

xinkoa

Noob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 05:48 PM

guys I think it's quite disrespectful for other users to talk in spanish, they might feel left out of the topic. I'm telling you this even though I'm spanish
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#35 Birdieava

Birdieava

Never miss a night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,453 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 06:50 PM

no problem!!!
i apologize - MY Bad

Here is the one i didnt translate, the 1st one in Spanish i did post a translation so you could follow the idea and maybe comment on it too
guiltwilkillu is from Argentina and i am from venezuela, so im hoping we can make sense out of this
it concerns everyone, and again, please accept my apologies for being rude.

[quote name='Birdieava']ok, de acuerdo - estaba enferma.
mis escritos en este foro tambien ahondan en el tema de su salud mental. ella estaba enferma de la mente, el alcoholismo y la drogadiccion (eso se llama toxicomania), son simplemente sintomas de la enfermedad mental. su misma madre la diagnostico como maniaco depresiva, y si lo vemos desde ese punto, entonces pues nunca en su vida adulta amy estuvo capacitada para tomar sus propias decisiones como una persona coherente. la tragedia del asunto es que en gran bretania es muy dificil forzar a nadie a tomar un tratamiento, como si fue posible hacerlo en los estados unidos con britney spears, bajo una ley llamada 5150. que dice, que cuando estas en peligro, puedes ser 'arrestado' en contra de tu voluntad. lastima que la familia winehouse no pudo, o no tuvo el valor de hacer algo parecido. amy estaria viva, quizas? que piensas?[/QUOTE]

OK, agreed - was ill.
my writings in this forum also delve into the issue of mental health. she was sick of mind, alcoholism and drug addiction (addiction that's called), are merely symptoms of mental illness. his own mother diagnosed as manic depressive, and if we see it from that point, then he never in his adult life amy was able to make their own decisions as a consistent person. the tragedy of the matter is that in Great Britain is very difficult to force anyone to take a treatment, as if it was possible in the U.S. with britney spears, under a law called 5150. which says that when you are in danger, can be 'arrested' against your will. winehouse hurts the family could not, or did not have the courage to do something. amy would be alive, maybe? you think?

---------- Post added at 11:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:30 AM ----------

[quote name='Cecilia']The only way Amy could have been supervised 24/7 was if she'd been sectioned under the mental health act (and even then it's possible to smuggle booze into mental hospitals). Mitch did try and fail to have her sectioned at some point. You cannot force an addict into treatment legally. Mitch tried a lot for Amy, and it is just ridiculous to think he could or should have been at her side every minute of every day. That would have been impossible.

No offence @Birdieava and @theguiltwillkillyou, but if you are going to post in spanish, could you please include english translations of every post for the benefit of the forum members who do not understand the language (including the mods so they can do their jobs adequately)?

---------- Post added at 06:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:43 PM ----------

Maybe he thought she was ok? Maybe she wanted people to think she was ok? Maybe he did not want to discuss Amy's problems with you so he just said she was ok to put you at ease? Maybe it was the only thing he could think of saying? There are many reasons for him to have said it, let's not judge.[/QUOTE]

i knew mitch tried to do it - i wish he tried harder
jamie spears really, really took britney away for good
he took the job seriously, i mean, if you read about it in depth it would blow your mind the lenghts that this man went to in order to protect her. btw - he is a recovering alcoholic.
i bring britney up because really, WHO else can we compare amy to? you, or me? LOL
the amount of attention, danger, and just plain oblivion on the part of themselves and others about the issuesat hand is stratospheric,,,, they live in another realm - the realm of celebrity and fame, which can go either way for anyone. some say that the quality of your life is directly related to the quality of people you associate with ....

---------- Post added at 11:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:35 AM ----------

here is the translation of theguiltwillkillyou's response to my last post:
(sorry friend! im doing this for you - its only google translate, same as mine, i wanna finish my last idea and go smoke a cigarette! cuz im done, i finally found where we differ)

Hey! Amy left drugs in 2009!. The subject was alcohol, the pressure for an album as good as B2B and thousands of other factors that were triggered in this super beautiful young woman who could not control. But you can you give an account in his lyrics and that was very strong personality and so I let drugs.
It makes me very sad fact "imagine you can get to be alive" by the fact that unfortunately never shall see for the rest of life demi, but what happened to britey q that his father was really focused on it. AND MUCH (I was all day with her, something like lei, q was much the batteries). A mitch is porq compñlico was not far behind, nor his friends (many evces it saw one walking the streets of Camden) = this added to certain rebelliousness of amy

[quote name='theguiltwillkillyou']Hey! las drogas Amy las dejo en 2009!!. El tema era el alcohol, la presion por un album tan bueno como B2B y miles de otros factores que se desencadenaron en esta hermosa y super joven mujer que no pudo controlar. Sin embargo te podes dar cuentas en sus letras y personalidad que era muy fuerte y por eso dejo las drogas.
Me pone muy triste el hecho de "imaginar que puede llegar a estar viva" por el hecho que lamentablemente jamas la vere por el resto demi vida, pero lo q paso con britey fue que su padre realmente se enfoco en ella. Y MUCHO (estaba todo el dia con ella, algo asi lei, q se puso mucho las pilas). A mitch se le compñlico porq no le estuvo muy atras, ni tampoco sus amigos (muchas evces se la veia sola caminar por las calles de camden)= esto sumado a cierta rebeldia de amy...

"I must be a mermaid. I have no fear of depths and a great fear of shallow living."

- Anais Nin 

#36 Cecilia

Cecilia

What kind of fuckery is this?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,187 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 29 June 2012 - 06:55 PM

[MENTION=2407]Birdieava[/MENTION] - thank you :) I don't know enough about Britney to make an informed comment, but you say her dad is a recovering alcoholic, so he had first hand experience with addiction. Mitch on the other hand was thrown in the deep end, he didn't have a clue. He talked about consulting experts and getting different opinions on how to handle the situation from each of them. I really believe he tried absolute best he could in very difficult circumstances. He clearly loved Amy very much and did what he thought was right, even if it wasn't always the right thing. What more can we ask of him?

smoke.jpg?t=1397395921

#37 Birdieava

Birdieava

Never miss a night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,453 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 07:00 PM

guys I think it's quite disrespectful for other users to talk in spanish, they might feel left out of the topic. I'm telling you this even though I'm spanish

this is my last idea about this so ill post in english since i think i made myself understood in spanish now.
i will be very careful going forward, i promise, i dont mean to disrespect u guys at all, im just tryin to help theguiltwillkillyou because i have been in that pickle myself:

big difference between mental health and addictions. i believe amys addictions could have been addressed and fixed IF her mental health issues would have been addressed and fixed. i should not say this, because amy wouldnt be amy without a stroke of genius, and i would never want to change who she was, i just wish she didnt live her life all depressed all the time and what not. "toxic-mania" i dont know the right term in english, i guess it would be addiction, is the same accross the board; ask any shrink, alcohol , cigarettes, crack, weed.... ALL are mind alterers, i dont care legal or not, as we know alcohol is the most poisonous / toxic. SO, blame it on whatever you like, my opinion is that nobody could force amy to submit to any treatment and her handlers (family, husband, music crew, leeches) did not help too much and left her to her own devices, which proved to be fatal. it's a big huge lesson for everyone, as no body would think she would really really truly drink herself to death. its almost like she wanted to fulfill a prophecy - and become a legend for reals (of course she is a legend on her own right). i dont know her head, but i know her heart. i miss her and will love her always. and please stop blaming mitch or zalon for chrissakes. im done. hopefully you can think about it a little more, and resolve this issue within yourself, cuz we are tired of people attacking mitch for the wrong reasons on this forum. :disgust: bye from this thread ........

Edited by Birdieava, 29 June 2012 - 07:06 PM.

- Anais Nin 

#38 Yuni13eunice

Yuni13eunice

Yuni,Yuni,Yuni&Yuni

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 08:00 PM

I am curious what Janis would have done if she never had MS. I have read some interview that Janis and Mitch done way back in 2008. Whatever Mitch said about him trying to help Amy with her addiction I clearly can see that Janis doesn't agree with Mitch 100 percent. Daphne mentioned in her book that she could felt there is tension between Mitch and Janis over Amy's situation.

#39 Mama_Haze

Mama_Haze

Hazy Lady

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,402 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 10:05 AM

OK, one last ditch attempt at putting a stop to this:

If ANYONE sees a post being disrespectful or aggressive about Mitch or anyone else close to Amy, please report it to me so we can deal with it ASAP.

And yes, please keep posts to English - this is a UK-based forum, and all our members are, if not native speakers, then English speakers, and to use another language may be seen by some as rude and non-inclusive. Thank you! :)

#40 Elsie

Elsie

eek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 04:48 PM

i knew mitch tried to do it - i wish he tried harder
jamie spears really, really took britney away for good
he took the job seriously, i mean, if you read about it in depth it would blow your mind the lenghts that this man went to in order to protect her. btw - he is a recovering alcoholic.

It's really amazing how she pulled through and I admire her father for doing what he did. I think Britney's kids are a large motivation for her to stay well, too. Something which Amy didn't have.

He still stands in spite of what his Mars bar says.

#41 TBR

TBR

I still wonder 'bout the things you do

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 11:18 PM

Going slightly off-topic, but I think I've solved those tweets from the book's ghost writer before Amy died. According to Mitch the book was originally intended to be about the Winehouse extended family and only became the Amy biography afterwards. IIRC the ghost writer referred to it as the "Winehouse biog" so I guess it makes sense...

Before Amy died last July I was commissioned to write a book about the Winehouse family because there are some incredible characters, including my mum. But when Amy passed away I decided to write her story instead. I wrote it last year between August and November, and found writing it cathartic and very helpful in terms of recovery. There’s a side to Amy, her kindness and generosity, which people don’t know.

Source: http://www.telegraph...-as-a-baby.html

#42 ancre

ancre

Just friends

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,253 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 08:29 AM

There is an interesting article in UK Grazia about writing the book by Mitch and how Amy's family coped with summer 2011 events:
http://www.graziadai...-come-home-.htm
Anybody have read it already, I mean the original article?

PS I haven't got my book yet.

Edited by ancre, 01 July 2012 - 08:40 AM.

"I trust my instincts, and that’s what has got me where I am, y’know?" (Amy)

#43 Yuni13eunice

Yuni13eunice

Yuni,Yuni,Yuni&Yuni

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 08:56 AM

I have finished the book few moment ago, boy what a long hell roller coaster journey Amy had gone through and Mitch had a lots of patience even though he lost it many times. Sometimes I can't help it but get angry with Amy for her stubborn attitudes. Literally I agree with Mitch 2010 was a best year for Amy.

#44 cez

cez

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 03:22 PM

I bought the book june 28th, and since then I was reading every free time I have. The book is very very amazing.
I'm loving this reading, Mitch told so much details about Amy that I'd never realize myself. If he did this book for money or not, it really doesn't matter (for me, at least), I can't imagine how painful was to him write about all her life so deeply.
If you want to put Amy like Blessed Virgin Mary, don't buy this book. But if you want the truth about what happened in Amy's life, it's the right one, worth every cent I've spent with.

#45 AnnaAnna

AnnaAnna

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 04:18 PM

zdf.de/ZDFmediathek/beitrag/video/1674486/Mitch-Winehouse-ueber-seine-Tochter-Amy#/beitrag/video/1674486/Mitch-Winehouse-ueber-seine-Tochter-Amy

Please type the www . before that link. I cant do it;-).
I hope, non Germans can watch the video.
It's quite long, about 15 minutes.
I've read the book and I don't like it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users